Mother's Day Mystery CAL

heart

unfortunately I hurt my hand yeasterday so I have to wait a day or two to finish since it hurts too much to hold the thread hook right now but I think I will make a few of these. My sisters just joined the red hat society so I think they would be cute presents for them. Now where is my red thread?

I hope you are feeling better soon. It's hard to be a crocheter, and then have to wait. I had a mole removed on my fore arm 2 years ago, it required stitches, it was not cancerous, but the dr. had to punch it again, so again it needed stitches. Almost a month of not moving my hand too much, :(

Good idea about the red hats. ;) Hope your hand is better soon.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope you are feeling better soon. It's hard to be a crocheter, and then have to wait. I had a mole removed on my fore arm 2 years ago, it required stitches, it was not cancerous, but the dr. had to punch it again, so again it needed stitches. Almost a month of not moving my hand too much, :(

Good idea about the red hats. ;) Hope your hand is better soon.

Thanks. Its not too bad just a little to sore for the smaller hook at the moment. It should be fine in a day or two. I will post pictures of the red hats after I get them made. Thanks for a great pattern. :hug

I think this is a nice pattern and want to do another too. I also liked the first top part so much I experimented last night and made another picot row for a small doily or coaster.

th_HPIM0780.jpg

No embellishments, yet...would show up better, then...

Sarah, this was a really nice pattern...and I loved working with thread again, even though it was only #3

I had an absolute GREAT time with the CAL and cannot wait for the next one!! {hint,hint} :yes:yes Thank you so much for taking the time to offer this to us. And, thanks to all who participated. The work you ladies do is amazing and you're such wonderful encouragement!! :clap

Here is what I decided to do with my very versatile "mystery" item. I call her my "Bathroom Belle" ...

DSCF1161.jpg

Can't get anymore done for today. I'm through Round 2 of Day 4, using size 3 thread. Only looked at the directions through Round 5. Was careful not to scroll down too far to find out what this it. Although I saw some pics of the projects that are farther along than mine and they are so pretty.:yes:yes:yes:yes:yes:yes:yes

I love the ......... Wanna make more of them. They're so much prettier in cotton thread than in acrylic. Pinned the ......... onto the "hat" and Lambie Pie is wearing it right now. She is feeling like a million bucks and wants me to enter her into the Miss America Pageant. She does look very pretty. Pics will be coming but don't think I took a progress pic after day 3. :sigh

Now I really want to make one in size 10 thread. I have 2 new Clover steel hooks I got for Christmas and was really anxious to try them out. But since I got them, I haven't been in a size 10 thread mood.

Thank you, Sarah Bell, for doing this! :ty You are just the sweetest! :manyheart

G'night all...gonna go take my meds and read for awhile.

:hug

Now that is a new twist on a toilet paper topper. :P Very cute.

I still haven't gotten a picture of mine or stiff stuff to stiffen it with. Everyone's *things* look great. This was a fun CAL. I hope to do another one someday. I will try to post pictures tomorrow.

Tina

I had an absolute GREAT time with the CAL and cannot wait for the next one!! {hint,hint} :yes:yes Thank you so much for taking the time to offer this to us. And, thanks to all who participated. The work you ladies do is amazing and you're such wonderful encouragement!! :clap

Here is what I decided to do with my very versatile "mystery" item. I call her my "Bathroom Belle" ...

DSCF1161.jpg

I'm still on day two, been busy and have a sinus infection which gives me migraines. Add that to poor lighting and bad weather and it really makes a mess of me. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better. I WILL NOT PEEK!

:cheer:cheer Thank you Heart for the mystery CAL. I must confess I had to start and finish today! DH has been home from offshore and life is never still while he's here. :lol

This was my first and I enjoyed it. I made mine out of white 3 thread. I'm going to stiffen and then I have some ideas for decorating up even more and using as a small "wall hanging". Kind of country/victorian. Again, thank you and all the pictures have been great to look at!! Everyone's turned out wonderful! I willtry to post a pic little later after decorated and hubby is back at work. ;)

I have pics but it is not quite so pretty as the others here. I am so loving all of them and the Cat Hats are the best ever.

In my second pic you can see the 2 litre container that I used to prop up my basket. You can also see how floppy it got with my large hook and loose crocheting. :sigh

I am debating the stiffening process even now. I think I will go for an upward brim on my basket and I may even add a handle before I stiffen it.

I included a hat in the pic so that you can see just how big my basket did get.

mystery2.jpg

mystery3.jpg

A great big

:ty

to :bheart

for hosting this wonderful

Mystery CAL

There is nothing like

a little excitement :hyper

to start your day.

Darski, you could turn it upside down; and use it for a flower pot cozy. I like the color. Put some matching pink flowers in there. It would brighten up your deck/window/kitchen/whatever. :D

Mandii, I hope your sinuses/migraines get better.

Tina

This has been real fun, Thank you :ty heart for some fun and excitement with this CAL. I still haven't finished the brim/lip of the hat/basket. I will finish it tonight and try to remember to take some pictures to post tomorrow.

I'm one row from being finished... but I was so tired yesterday that I couldn't concentrate on it. So I took a loooonnnnggg nap instead. I'll get to it either before I leave for class or when I get back later.

Everyone's looks so pretty! The Cat Hat is hilarious... I suppose I could put mine on my stuff Garfield... haha.

I finished it! Yay! Here's my trusty stuffed animal Garfield modeling for me...

misc004-1.jpg

Of course, I did break my yarn needle in the process of finishing off the ends... it's just a plastic one. I should probably invest in a metal one.

Anyway.. this was an awesome CAL and a fun weekend project to keep my mind on other things! Thanks a lot for the amazing ness.. and I'm planning on making more cat hat/candle holder/toilet paper hat/pot decoration in the future.

Off to class...

I finished it! Yay! Here's my trusty stuffed animal Garfield modeling for me...

misc004-1.jpg

Of course, I did break my yarn needle in the process of finishing off the ends... it's just a plastic one. I should probably invest in a metal one.

Anyway.. this was an awesome CAL and a fun weekend project to keep my mind on other things! Thanks a lot for the amazing ness.. and I'm planning on making more cat hat/candle holder/toilet paper hat/pot decoration in the future.

Off to class...

I love this! :D

I have pics but it is not quite so pretty as the others here. I am so loving all of them and the Cat Hats are the best ever.

In my second pic you can see the 2 litre container that I used to prop up my basket. You can also see how floppy it got with my large hook and loose crocheting. :sigh

I am debating the stiffening process even now. I think I will go for an upward brim on my basket and I may even add a handle before I stiffen it.

I included a hat in the pic so that you can see just how big my basket did get.

mystery2.jpg

mystery3.jpg

A great big

:ty

to :bheart

for hosting this wonderful

Mystery CAL

There is nothing like

a little excitement :hyper

to start your day.

I think it's a beautiful basket! and you're welcome. Next time will be in yarn, I've got a few ideas! ;) You did perfectly by the way. Your stitches are always neat and perfect. You crochet beautifully.

** I added this, I just had a thought, wonder if it could be made in a regular ww, or a soprt weight acrylic (sometimes it seems to be thinner than cotton, don't you think?) and still have a floppy hat to wear? I may have to try this....

I'm still on day two, been busy and have a sinus infection which gives me migraines. Add that to poor lighting and bad weather and it really makes a mess of me. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better. I WILL NOT PEEK!

Hope you get to feeling better soon. :)

Still need to starch and block. Thanks for the fun :manyheart

359948989.jpg

OH! The 2 different colors look so pretty! YAY!

I think this is a nice pattern and want to do another too. I also liked the first top part so much I experimented last night and made another picot row for a small doily or coaster.

th_HPIM0780.jpg

Sarah, this was a really nice pattern...and I loved working with thread again, even though it was only #3

Your Bearby, (we call bears, Bearby in our house.. 3 kids... :D ) is adorable! Glad you liked working with the thread. I use it (#3) sometimes in place of a finer weight yarn, it is kind of heave, so it has a nice drape to it.

DSCF1161.jpg

Haha! That is the cutest thing I've ever seen! Thanks for making and posting it. I absolutely love it! :jumpyay

Can't get anymore done for today. I'm through Round 2 of Day 4, using size 3 thread. Only looked at the directions through Round 5. Was careful not to scroll down too far to find out what this it. Although I saw some pics of the projects that are farther along than mine and they are so pretty.:yes:yes:yes:yes:yes:yes:yes

I love the ......... Wanna make more of them. They're so much prettier in cotton thread than in acrylic. Pinned the ......... onto the "hat" and Lambie Pie is wearing it right now. She is feeling like a million bucks and wants me to enter her into the Miss America Pageant. She does look very pretty. Pics will be coming but don't think I took a progress pic after day 3. :sigh

Now I really want to make one in size 10 thread. I have 2 new Clover steel hooks I got for Christmas and was really anxious to try them out. But since I got them, I haven't been in a size 10 thread mood.

Thank you, Sarah Bell, for doing this! :ty You are just the sweetest! :manyheart

G'night all...gonna go take my meds and read for awhile.

:hug

You're welcome Jeannie. :manyheart

You are welcome everyone. I'm glad you had fun and joined in. :jumpyay

th_HPIM0780.jpg

Oooh, I love the Vermont Teddy Bears. My DH has given me six. But I have no more room for anymore. :hi I like your pic.

Linda

DSCF1161.jpg

What a great imagination you have. Its absolutely adorable.

:rofl

Linda

I absolutely love what you did with this. What an absolute hoot!!!

:yay:yay:yay

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Thanks Heart for the fun crochet along... I am all done but have to starch it or stiffen it but I cut my finger yesterday so it will be a day or two before I get that done unless hubby does it for me later... LOL.... I also need to make at least one more flower to go on it...

I am posting this link onto my site so the ladies can come over and have some fun also... I am sure they all belong to Raverly and ,or crochetville...

Thanks again... Hugs, Molly

Oooh, I love the Vermont Teddy Bears. My DH has given me six. But I have no more room for anymore. :hi I like your pic.

Linda

Thanks!

Everyone has done such great work on this CAL. I love the different looks we all got, depending on what yarn/thread we used!

Archived