Mother's Day Mystery CAL

heart

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got mine caught up too! With company all weekend I was afraid everyone else would know what all the alternate items could be and I would be left lagging behind.

Nan

:hiNan! Mine isn't caught up yet and I have the same :scared feeling as you did. :scared

I had to get caught up or I would of had insomnia all night. :)
Aww. :hug Not really, huh? Tomorrow's always another day. :sun we can hope.

Tomorrow I will be gone all morning (oral surgeon appt for our 16 yr old), and probably not get home til late in the afternoon (then have to make dinner...) But I will get caught up *sometime* tomorrow. I will only look at the first post if tomorrow is the last day that way I won't see the finished item. :hook

Tina

I say go for the 8. :yes

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

hi-

I finished day 3, and am looking forward to tomorrow!

I will be here with my :coffee& :hook as soon as I get the DK's off to school. I, too, would like to wait until later to find out what it is supposed to be.

I hadn't thought of the door knob cozy... my MIL loves those!:manyheart:yes

My kids are all trying to guess what this is, too! they are enjoying the suspense as much as we are! Their majority vote is a candle cozy for a small jar candle.

thanks again, Heart! This is really fun! :hug:yay:manyheart

btw... I agree that it would be fun to do one of these again soon! :wink

Yay! Glad the kids are guessing too. I will have to think abit on what to make. It's kind of hard to come up with something that keeps everyone guessing, :D just means I need to think harder. ;)

I finished both of mine. We got to pick our son from the airport today:clap, so we were gone most of the day.

th_003-23.jpg

Heart, the mini cupcakes are just like the donut holes, they don't count (I had two donut holes today :P). :yes Sorry the picture is a little blurry...

Tina

Love the stripes and the multi toned flower! Very nice! Yep, I put away some serious cup~cake~age tonight! ;)

I don't know if Laura ever got started on the project.

But, yesterday she had her baby...C-Section...a daughter and both are doing fine. Name undecided now. Her DH (Endweaver9000!) posted in the Sky CAL and he said he was very tired :tired and was gonna get some :sleep.

Here's DH's post.

Congratulations to Laura and J!

Yay! Congrats to the new family!!!:flower:applause:yay

I got row 6 done! I still didn't quite get the written directions, but the photo helped a ton, thank you :) I'm up to row 8 now yay! Thank you very much for the various pictures :)

Very good idea. That would be gorgeous! Do you use photobucket for your pictures? When you move your cursor over the photo (when you are on the page that shows several pics at once) a little menu pops us, right click on the last option in that mini menu under the photo you want to use, to copy it, then select copy, from your right click menu, then come here and paste that code. (When I upload my photos, there is an option you can choose before you upload, with choices, small, medium, and large. I use medium) Hope this helps. I'm not sure about how to use flickr.

Yeah I tried to use photobucket. I don't know what I did. I even tried to make it smaller, but it still stayed huge when I posted it here. I don't know. I'll try again tomorrow when I've had some sleep :-) Thanks for the help though!

I'm just wondering.. I crochet loosely and I used a larger hook - 5.mm- but mine is completely floppy. Is that going to work with our "******"?

I love my flower :manyheart so pretty.

I will see what I can do for pics but with it flopping all over the place it is hard to get a pic.. :think

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++>>>

have it draped over my beads bin... :rofl

mystery1.jpgI

So... um .. why does everything I make look like a hat?

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

I prefer to finish first and get the final into later on. Pretty please :lashes

I think it looks lovely, hat or not.

And I want to have the instructions to finish first, then reveal. course I don't even know why I should have an opinion since I haven't even been able to get started. :eek Okay.. gonna check a few posts on Sky! CAL and get started on this so I can say I started and get back to work on other WIP. Not going to check the rest of this thread until done so I don't get my surprise spoiled. So :manyheart all of you but not going to talk to you until I am done with Mystery CAL.:hook

Good morning everyone!

Randoms025-1-1.jpg

YAY! There's my picture... finally. It's with my Sugar 'n' Cream yarn.. Key Lime Pie! Unfortunately I have to work at nine until 2:30.. so I'll have to catch up on everything when I get back from work.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day.

I had to get caught up or I would of had insomnia all night. :)

That's funny as I almost did have insomnia even though I had mine done so far. I kept thinking of things I could make from this so I kept geting up and trying different things.:lol

Day4

Attach thread/yarn to any sc of R12 of first piece (WW, it is the last row made on the first piece, your row count is more b/c of the added rows).

R1 ch6, dc in same sc (counts as dc, ch3, dc), skip 2 sc, {dc, ch3, dc in next sc. skip next 2 sc} Repeat st sequence around. slst to 3rd ch of begenning ch6 to join. (24, dc, ch3, dc sts) ** Pay attention to st count here, as you are chaining 3, but skipping only 2 sc, I messed up once and had to re~do this row. So, count your sts when you are done.

R2 slst into next ch3 sp, ch3, (counts as dc now and through out) dc, ch2, 2dc, all in same ch3 sp, {ch3, sc in next ch3 sp, ch3. In the next ch3 sp, 2dc, ch2, 2dc, (shell) } Repeat st sequence around, ending with ch3, sc in next ch3 sp, ch3, slst in top of begenning ch3. (12 shells, and 12, ch3, sc, ch3 sps)

R3 slst into next ch2 sp, ch3, (counts as dc), dc in same sp, ch2, 2dc, all in same ch2 sp (shell), ch5, {2dc, ch2, 2dc (shell) in next ch2 sp, ch5, (skipping the ch3, sc, ch3 sps of the previous row} Repeat the st sequence around, ending with a slst to the 3rd ch of the begenning ch3. (12 shells and 12, ch5 sps)

R4 slst into the next ch2 sp, ch3 (counts as dc) 2dc, ch2, 3dc all in same ch2 sp, ch3, sc in 3rd ch of R3 ch5 sp (center of the ch5 sp on previous round), ch3, sc in same sp, (picot made) ch3, {3dc, ch2, 3dc (large shell) in next ch2 sp, ch3, sc in 3rd ch of R3 ch5sp (center of the ch5 sp on previous round), ch3, sc in same sp, (picot made), ch3} , Repeat st sequence around ending with a slst in the 3rd ch of the begenning ch3. (12 large shells and 12 picots)

R5 slst into next ch2 sp, ch3, 2dc, ch3, slst in top of last dc made, (picot) 2dc all in same ch2 sp, ch6, slst in the 3rd ch from the hook (picot), ch3, {3dc, ch3, slst in top of last dc made (picot) 2dc all in same ch2 sp, ch6, slst in the 3rd ch from the hook (picot), ch3} Repeat st sequence around, ending with a slst in the 3rd ch of the begenning ch3. Finish off and weave in ends. (12 shells with picots, and 12 picots)

Todays Mystery item...stick pins though you may choose not to use them. ;)

I will check back an a few hours, if there are a few wanting the rest of the instructions, I'll then post them in the thread, but not in the 1st. post till everyone has had a chance to get the instructions. ;)

Posting the day4 1st part in the 1st post now. Have fun! ;)

Okay I haven't been able to talk much this weekend but have enjoyed reading what ya'll have been saying about the CAL. I couldn't start on the instructions until yesterday so this is the earliest I could post a picture. I'm trying out Photobucket for the first time so I may need some help. (all my other pictures are on Picasa which doesn't talk well with Crochetville :lol

IMG_0735.jpg

I did it !!! :rofl You would never know I was a computer major in college, but that was soooooo long ago. After making the first flower I remembered I had a very little bit of this varigatied blue and thought it would work. What do ya'll think?

Big :cheer for heart as this is really nice. In the last row I could be doing it wrong but I think mine looks better with 3dc after the picot instead of 2dc when finishing the shells.

I'm done too. Can still see 2 options for end product. Will post pictures later after everyone is finished. :D Thanks Heart this has been fun. :manyheart I think the cardboard is the key to what it is, right??:think

:mug:cat:yarn

Archived