Mother's Day Mystery CAL

heart

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is really cute. I think I'm going to turn mine into a hat pin cushion by adding a ruffle to the bottom. What a cute pattern and SO much fun. I hadn't ever participated in something like this and found myself pretty anxious for the next day's instructions. I'll post a picture of mine when I get it done.

I think this is really cute. I think I'm going to turn mine into a hat pin cushion by adding a ruffle to the bottom. What a cute pattern and SO much fun. I hadn't ever participated in something like this and found myself pretty anxious for the next day's instructions. I'll post a picture of mine when I get it done.

I'd like to see the pic as I was thinking along that line too with my thread one, with a lining and stuffing etc. Using it so far it could be adapted for a small sachet too, or a small jewelry box, or something else entirely. I thought of a basket too but then I wouldn't see the pretty first rows.

I'm just wondering.. I crochet loosely and I used a larger hook - 5.mm- but mine is completely floppy. Is that going to work with our "******"?

I love my flower :manyheart so pretty.

I will see what I can do for pics but with it flopping all over the place it is hard to get a pic.. :think

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++>>>

have it draped over my beads bin... :rofl

mystery1.jpgI

So... um .. why does everything I make look like a hat?

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

It's perfect!!!! :devil......

I really like the button in the center. Very classy! The hot pink is great, I love that!

Oh, oh, we could go glam and make a pink one with a black flower....:hook

OKay I finally got into this and have not one but two done. And all three days. I got to see what we were making up to today, but it was easy enough. I did do one in lavendar #3 string using a size 7 hook, and then another in metalic light blue ribbon yarn with a size E. They look the same and the purple fits perfectly into the blue, kindof like stackable bowls. I am now wondering what tomorrows instructions will be. I will post pictures tomorrow when I get to work.

Lookin good everybody!!! They are all beautiful! :) Man, are you all going to be suprised tomorrow! :woo

:thinkI wonder just how much fun you are having keeping us guessing.:lol

ok i got a little behind yesterday was just to omuch for me and when i got home i fizzled out. But now that I am caught up i like it...i wonder tho why does everyone else have a hat with a flower?:think mine looks like a bowl:devil

CALDay3001.jpg

Ok, tomorrow is going to be a lot of info, :) so, tomorrow morning, do you want the instructions first, then a few hours later, the finishing/project info? Because of the difference in materials..thread to yarn, there will be different project options... there will be a choice as to what you decide to make. I designed the pattern with a specific project in mind, but when I was testing in the different sizes, I had a few different ideas as to what could be made. Mystery :woo haha, so, do you want all the info at the same time, or do you want time to finish first, to be suprised? Because if you read all the info, you'll know what it is. ;)

ok i got a little behind yesterday was just to omuch for me and when i got home i fizzled out. But now that I am caught up i like it...i wonder tho why does everyone else have a hat with a flower?:think mine looks like a bowl:devil

CALDay3001.jpg

Your bowl is beautiful! kinda looks like a basket too, huh...:devil

I'm feeling dumb, I can't understand row 6. I'm reading what's in post #1

So I chain 5, then skip two spaces? Is that supposed to be skipping two of those twelve open loops that we just did 6sc in each on row 5? I keep trying but it's not working, I don't understand.

help please? :)

Ok, tomorrow is going to be a lot of info, :) so, tomorrow morning, do you want the instructions first, then a few hours later, the finishing/project info? Because of the difference in materials..thread to yarn, there will be different project options... there will be a choice as to what you decide to make. I designed the pattern with a specific project in mind, but when I was testing in the different sizes, I had a few different ideas as to what could be made. Mystery :woo haha, so, do you want all the info at the same time, or do you want time to finish first, to be suprised? Because if you read all the info, you'll know what it is. ;)

I prefer to finish first and get the final into later on. Pretty please :lashes

I'm feeling dumb, I can't understand row 6. I'm reading what's in post #1

So I chain 5, then skip two spaces? Is that supposed to be skipping two of those twelve open loops that we just did 6sc in each on row 5? I keep trying but it's not working, I don't understand.

help please? :)

R6 is making a dc, ch2, skip 2 sc, so it should read like this...

R6 ch5, (counts as dc, ch2) skip next 2 sc. {dc, ch2 in next sc, skip next 2 sc} Repeat stitch sequence around, ending with a slst in the 3rd ch of the begenning ch5.

I will post a pic in just a minute, I'm working 1 up to that point. just a sec. ;)

I just got home from church and am getting a first chance to start working on this... I vote for us to get a chance to finish tomorrow before you post the "reveal". :-)

I guess I'm the odd man out because I want to know tommorrow or at least a couple hours later, please. I can't wait its killing me:thair. Hahaha. I'm just figuring out how to use the quote option. Thank you for the cal and great feedback.

:devil

Linda

th_DSCN0006-10.jpg click me!

Hi,

I used size 30 thread in white with a #11 hook and a silver bead center to embellish.

Looking forward to the final instructions and later the big "reveal".

I may make a leaf or two for this flower.....

You're welcome and I will post the rest of the instructions a few hours after I've posted the rounds. I'll post tomorrows 1st. part about 8am, just as soon as I've got my boys on their way to school. Then about 3 hours or so, depends on how many post they are done, I'll post the rest. So those of you who want it all, it won't take to long. ;)

I love this one! you will have to let me know how much sugar n cream you use. I have some sage green. if I have enough I am thinking that might be comming up next. :)

We are using the same color. :) I'm using size 10 thread and a 9 steel hook. Mine is tiny! Thought of frogging but I am just finally cought up as finding time to do this with a 5 yo and a 2 month old in the house isn't the easiest. :yes Can't wait for tomarrows rows.

I finished day 3 and made 3 flowers with just one skein of the ww Sugar n Cream Sage Green. I will have to start a new skein tomorrow.

Linda

Archived