Mother's Day Mystery CAL

heart

0328091123.jpg

Here's Day 2. I hope I did it right.

:lol

Linda

G Hook

Sugar n Cream Sage Green

I love the sage!!! :D Mandi and I may have to :box for it. :tryme hahahahahahahahaha!!! Just kidding....I'm not a fighter, I hide! :lol

Loving these smilie faces!

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm using sage (goes with my house) in #3 thread and an E clover hook:hook It's looking good - working on today's rounds right now,

I got lazy after the first row for today, chasing after a 13 month old is tiring and he was dragging me out of the house to go to the park next door. I'll get to it soon though.

and heart, I bet I'd win away, :lol

I just found this, and I want to do it! The problem is the only thread I have in the house right now is either purple varigated (which my mom doesn't like) or off-white, and seeing as no one else is using a white color, I don't know if it would be good for this project. I may have to go to the store tomorrow... :-)

I'm using white, the only thing I had.

Day 2 I added the 3 extra rounds the 3 didn't look right it like flaired out... Should I take out the 3 extra rounds Heart? Here is my pic top and bottom on the round ripple baby blanket I am working on... Hugs, Molly

SNC10962.jpg?t=1238292424

SNC10961.jpg?t=1238292462

Day 2 I added the 3 extra rounds the 3 didn't look right it like flaired out... Should I take out the 3 extra rounds Heart? Here is my pic top and bottom on the round ripple baby blanket I am working on... Hugs, Molly

SNC10962.jpg?t=1238292424

SNC10961.jpg?t=1238292462

Molly, it looks good to me. The slight flare will work its self out tomorrow. Beautiful round ripple too!! :manyheart

I'm almost done with my second day of rows. I just have to do row ten, then repeat three times. I'm so tired though.. it's been a long day. So I'll post a picture of my progress after tomorrow's rows... along with a picture of my niece and nephew.. it was their 1st birthday party today.. which is why I'm so tired.

Good night :)

Two Days to go,

two days to go,

is it boring?

Oh No, no, no,

Tommorrow will be fun

you will see

when up comes the sun

Oh good~ieeeeee!

I read to much Dr. Seuss.... :D

What great bait

a silly poem

we all know 'em

thank you, Heart

We're of to a great start!

woot! :clap This is soooo cool!:hug

Well I was lazy about uploading pictures yesterday, so here's a picture of Day 1:

Moms%20Day%20Mystery%20CAL%20Day%201.jpg

To be honest though, I started the project in red, then decided I'd rather do it in yellow. For some reason though, the picture looks to be on the orange side.

And here's Day 2:

Moms%20Day%20Mystery%20CAL%20Day%202.jpg

The color reproduction's a little better in this one.

:hi Ladies! I've been MIA from the Mystery CAL! Our 12yo granddaughter came on Friday after school for the weekend. Plus I didn't feel much like working with the thread even though it's size 3. Tried to catch up on another project by working in loose ends on some squares. There were 3-4 color changes in each one so that was plenty of loose ends. :yes

So, I'm playing a little catch up here.

Oh, sorry, I didn't comment on all the pictures. Everyone's pictures are lovely and the work looks great. This item is working up beautifully, isn't it? :yes

I was also curious to try it in WW and it is much larger than my thread one which makes it a bit different but both look nice. It is fun trying to think of things they could be too.

Did Day2 yesterday but did post my pic........ so here it is.

DCP03060.jpg

Cant wait to work on todays rounds after we get home from church and such!

:heart

:mug

Everyones pprojects are beautiful!!!

A Stitchintime......Yay!! Love your little ditty too! :D

Ok, I was going to wait till after the church hour, but I know there are lots who may be able to work now, so here you go,

Day 3

WW ~ Continue on with the instructions, even though you have more rows than the rest.~

R11 slst into next ch2 sp, ch2, 2hdc in same sp. 3hdc in each ch2 sp around, join with a slst to first hdc. (begenning ch2 counts as first hdc) (72hdc)

R12 ch1, TURN, sc in same sp, and in each sp around. Join with a slst to first sc. Finish off and weave in ends. (72 sc)

Next part ~

R1 ch4, join with a slst to form ring, ch1, 12sc in ring. (WW may need to ch5, join with a slst to form ring) Join with a slst to first sc. (12sc)

R2 slst into front loop of next sc, {ch3, skip next sc, slst into front loop of next sc} Repeat st sequence 4 more times, ch3, join with a slst into first slst. (6, ch3 loops)

R3 slst into next ch3 loop, {sc, ch2, 3dc, ch2, sc} Repeat st sequence in each ch3 loop around. (6 petals)

R4 ch1, slst in back loop of the front loops worked in R2 (working directly behind) ch1, sc in same st, ch5, skip next sc, {sc in next back loop of worked st of R2, skip next sc, ch5} Repeat around, ending with a slst in the first sc made. (6, ch5 loops directlly behind the front petals)

R5 slst into next ch5 loop, {sc, ch2, 5dc, ch2, sc} Repeat into each ch5 loop around, ending with a slst in first sc. Finish off and weave in ends. (6 petals behind the front row of petals) You now have an ......... with 2 rows of petals.

You may want to add your button to the center if you chose a button for your embellishment or you may leave your ...... just as it is. If you chose ribbon as your embellishment, you can tie a bow and sew it to the back of the ............. so it looks like leaves or the .............. is sitting on a bow. You don't have to make the crochet ...... if you chose silk/dried flowers as an embellishment, however it is really pretty with the crochet ........

Make just 1 or as many as you want to embellish with!

I did get day two done last night. But I had to Frogg the whole thing as I was using WW cotton and a F hook. The whole thing was flat and as big as a large dinner plate. I now using a D hook and my piece looks more like everybody else but just super size.

Sorry you had to do it again. Glad you got it now! Supersize is good for ww. You'll see why tomorrow! :D

:hi Ladies! I've been MIA from the Mystery CAL! Our 12yo granddaughter came on Friday after school for the weekend. Plus I didn't feel much like working with the thread even though it's size 3. Tried to catch up on another project by working in loose ends on some squares. There were 3-4 color changes in each one so that was plenty of loose ends. :yes

So, I'm playing a little catch up here.

Hi Jeannie!! :hug Glad you could spend time with your granddaughter.:manyheart

I will have pics of R4, for anyone who gets stuck, the first slst may be tricky, trying to figure out where to place it (b/c it's the beg/end of the prev.row) after that the rest is easier to see where to put the sc. So when or if you need a photo to look at for reference, let me know and I'll post it.

I'm just wondering.. I crochet loosely and I used a larger hook - 5.mm- but mine is completely floppy. Is that going to work with our "******"?

I love my flower :manyheart so pretty.

I will see what I can do for pics but with it flopping all over the place it is hard to get a pic.. :think

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++>>>

have it draped over my beads bin... :rofl

mystery1.jpgI

So... um .. why does everything I make look like a hat?

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Archived