Mother's Day Mystery CAL

heart

Spring Mystery CAL

Materials

size 10 cotton thread and a size 7 steel hook or

size 3 cotton thread and a size D hook or

ww cotton yarn and a size F or G hook Use what works for you. Everyone's welcome! :)

Each Day a few rounds will be posted, along with 1 of the mystery items needed to finish in the end. (household items, things most of us already have, or very cheap, or not at all, and we will see what we come up with)

Instead of saying Repeat * to * ...yada yada, I will just write it out, ex. "Repeat stitch sequence" means to repeat the stitches made in the brackets.

Day 1

ch4, slst to form ring.

R1 ch1, 12 sc in ring. Join with a slst to first sc. (12sc)

R2 ch1, In Back Loops, sc in same sp, 2sc in each sp around, end with 1sc in beg. sp. (where ch1 is) slst to first sc to join. (24sc)

R3 ch1, sc in same sp, ch4, slst in second ch from hook (picot) ch2, skip next sc, sc in next sc, (looks like a pointy loop) {ch4, slst in second ch from hook (picot) ch2, skip next sc, sc in next sc} Repeat stitch sequence around 9 more times, ending with a last "pointy loop" ch4, slst in second ch from hook, hdc in top of first sc of round. (12 pointy loops and your hook is at the top of the last one made)http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1686409&postcount=27

R4 ch1, TURN, slst in top of last picot made, {ch5, slst in top of next picot} Repeat stitch sequence around. Ending with a slst in the first slst made (top of first picot) (12, ch5 loops) http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1686426&postcount=32

R5 ch1, TURN, 6sc in each loop around, join with a slst to first sc made. (72sc)

Today's Mystery Item is an old piece of cardboard. Scrap is good, old box. Not like a cereal box, just plain "moving" or corrugated box.

That's it for today, have fun!

Day 2

R6 ch5, (counts as dc, ch2) skip next 2 sc. {dc, ch2 in next sp, skip next 2 sc} Repeat stitch sequence around, ending with a slst in the 3rd ch of the begenning ch5. (24, dc, ch2 sc)

R7 ch1, 3sc in each ch2 sp around, ending with a slst in the first sc. (72sc)

R8 ch5, dc in same sp (counts as dc, ch2, dc) skip next 2 sps, {dc, ch2, dc in next sp, skip next 2 sps} Repeat stitch sequence around, ending with a slst in 3rd ch of begenning ch5. ( 24, dc, ch2, dc sts)

R9 slst into the next ch2 sp, ch5, dc in same sp (counts as dc, ch2, dc) In each ch2 sp around, dc, ch2, dc. Slst in 3rd ch of begenning ch5. ( 24, dc, ch2, dc sts)

R10 Repeat R9.

WW only ** Repeat R9, 3 more times after R10. So ww users, you have 6 rows (counting R8 too) of dc, ch2, dc** This is because the ww is much bigger than the thread, so it needed a few extra rows to balance it out.

Mystery Item is for embellishing, either a small/medium button or a small length of ribbon (maby 7"-10") or just yarn/thread, small flowers..silk or dried, lace, anything you might already have or want to use, or none at all. You may decide you don't want to embellish.

Day 3

WW ~ Continue on with the instructions, even though you have more rows than the rest.~

R11 slst into next ch2 sp, ch2, 2hdc in same sp. 3hdc in each ch2 sp around, join with a slst to first hdc. (begenning ch2 counts as first hdc) (72hdc)

R12 ch1, TURN, sc in same sp, and in each sp around. Join with a slst to first sc. Finish off and weave in ends. (72 sc)

Next part ~

R1 ch4, join with a slst to form ring, ch1, 12sc in ring.(WW may need to ch5, join with a slst to form ring) Join with a slst to first sc. (12sc)

R2 slst into front loop of next sc, {ch3, skip next sc, slst into front loop of next sc} Repeat st sequence 4 more times, ch3, join with a slst into first slst. (6, ch3 loops)

R3 slst into next ch3 loop, {sc, ch2, 3dc, ch2, sc} Repeat st sequence in each ch3 loop around. (6 petals)

R4 ch1, slst in back loop of the front loops worked in R2 (working directly behind) ch1, sc in same st, ch5, skip next sc, {sc in next back loop of worked st of R2, skip next sc, ch5} Repeat around, ending with a slst in the first sc made. (6, ch5 loops directlly behind the front petals)

R5 slst into next ch5 loop, {sc, ch2, 5dc, ch2, sc} Repeat into each ch5 loop around, ending with a slst in first sc. Finish off and weave in ends. (6 petals behind the front row of petals) You now have an ......... with 2 rows of petals.

You may want to add your button to the center if you chose a button for your embellishment or you may leave your ...... just as it is. If you chose ribbon as your embellishment, you can tie a bow and sew it to the back of the ............. so it looks like leaves or the .............. is sitting on a bow. You don't have to make the crochet ....... if you chose silk/dried ...... as an embellishment, however it is really pretty with the crochet .......

Make just 1 or as many as you want to embellish with!

Day4

Attach thread/yarn to any sc of R12 of first piece (WW, it is the last row made on the first piece, your row count is more b/c of the added rows).

R1 ch6, dc in same sc (counts as dc, ch3, dc), skip 2 sc, {dc, ch3, dc in next sc. skip next 2 sc} Repeat st sequence around. slst to 3rd ch of begenning ch6 to join. (24, dc, ch3, dc sts) ** Pay attention to st count here, as you are chaining 3, but skipping only 2 sc, I messed up once and had to re~do this row. So, count your sts when you are done.

R2 slst into next ch3 sp, ch3, (counts as dc now and through out) dc, ch2, 2dc, all in same ch3 sp, {ch3, sc in next ch3 sp, ch3. In the next ch3 sp, 2dc, ch2, 2dc, (shell) } Repeat st sequence around, ending with ch3, sc in next ch3 sp, ch3, slst in top of begenning ch3. (12 shells, and 12, ch3, sc, ch3 sps)

R3 slst into next ch2 sp, ch3, (counts as dc), dc in same sp, ch2, 2dc, all in same ch2 sp (shell), ch5, {2dc, ch2, 2dc (shell) in next ch2 sp, ch5, (skipping the ch3, sc, ch3 sps of the previous row} Repeat the st sequence around, ending with a slst to the 3rd ch of the begenning ch3. (12 shells and 12, ch5 sps)

R4 slst into the next ch2 sp, ch3 (counts as dc) 2dc, ch2, 3dc all in same ch2 sp, ch3, sc in 3rd ch of R3 ch5 sp (center of the ch5 sp on previous round), ch3, sc in same sp, (picot made) ch3, {3dc, ch2, 3dc (large shell) in next ch2 sp, ch3, sc in 3rd ch of R3 ch5sp (center of the ch5 sp on previous round), ch3, sc in same sp, (picot made), ch3} , Repeat st sequence around ending with a slst in the 3rd ch of the begenning ch3. (12 large shells and 12 picots)

R5 slst into next ch2 sp, ch3, 2dc, ch3, slst in top of last dc made, (picot) 2dc all in same ch2 sp, ch6, slst in the 3rd ch from the hook (picot), ch3, {3dc, ch3, slst in top of last dc made (picot) 2dc all in same ch2 sp, ch6, slst in the 3rd ch from the hook (picot), ch3} Repeat st sequence around, ending with a slst in the 3rd ch of the begenning ch3. Finish off and weave in ends. (12 shells with picots, and 12 picots)

Todays Mystery item...stick pins

Finishing Instructions

Photos!!!

Missmaxx

Cluless

CrossB4Me

Judianne

sarisue

Darski

flyinghigh

Auntienan

Mom w/a Motif

Chrissyf

Auntienan

BearlyCrocheting

ctawq

teakaycee

Granny Square

Ladykats

Ladykats

Hounddog

Byronnat100

Bearlycrocheting

BearlyCrocheting

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't start yet :(. I am in the midst of two prayer shawls and a baby blanket and am determined to finish the baby blanket. But I will get started on this today, cuz I am really excited about it. It is my first thread endeavor. I will get to this today even if it is 11:59:59 :lol

BTW.. joined the SKY! CAL too thanks to your encouragement. Okay.. back to the baby blanket so I can start on this

Hi!

I have one done.

Purple size 10 thread and a #7 hook. Pretty pattern. Thanks!

Cardboard - check

Now I wonder what it would look like made like a "painted" doily? :idea

hummmmmmm...........

I'm looking forward to tomorrows rows.

happy :hook,

I can't start yet :(. I am in the midst of two prayer shawls and a baby blanket and am determined to finish the baby blanket. But I will get started on this today, cuz I am really excited about it. It is my first thread endeavor. I will get to this today even if it is 11:59:59 :lol

BTW.. joined the SKY! CAL too thanks to your encouragement. Okay.. back to the baby blanket so I can start on this

Donna, take your time. We will still be here. :hook

I feel stupid, I'm stuck on row 3, how is this supposed to look?

Don't feel bad, we will get it. It is a little out of the ordinary.

Give me just a minute and I will work it to R3, and post a photo. ;)

I'll reply to everyone else in just a minute. ;)

I finished my rows! I like this, because I'm using knowledge I already have and also learning something new. Never done a picot before. :-)

I'll be out of town tomorrow, but I'll hopefully get home before it's too late and work on tomorrow's rounds. I'd take it with me, but I'm mostly likely giving this to my mom and she'll be there tomorrow. hehe.

I'm using Sugar 'n' Cream... Key Lime Pie... and a size G hook.

Ok finished for today...D hook with size 3 thread...how bad am i a threadie who has never used size 3. So far I love working with it. Oh the color is tangerine. I am one who loves to post pictures so expect them from me throughout.

CALDay1.jpg

Archived