Mother's Day Mystery CAL

heart

SNC10980.JPGWe will see Alicia tomorrow and poor girl has been through so much for her young life... I try to make her smile every chance I get and will see her tomorrow.. For extras Hubby put dollars in the eggs and put them in the basket... Hugs, Molly

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Shellie, Alicia loved her basket she went and put it on her shelf in her bedroom as her little cousins were in from LA for the crawfish boil yesterday and she didn't want the 18 mo old Leigh messing up her pretty basket..

How pretty Linda...I love the colors and your flowers stand out so pretty the white or cream mixed in makes it for sure...

Thanks again Heart this was a fun project... The ladies in my group want me to start a cal now... I do know it is a lot of hard work and I appriciate your patience with making the pattern and then hosting this cal... Hugs, Molly

Hi All,

Just finished stiffening mine. I think I am going to make a handle, still not sure. I hot glued the flowers on.

Thanks for looking :wink

Linda

th_downsized_0404091428.jpgclickable

Awwww Linda how cute..... Way to go girl... Thanks for sharing... Hugs, Molly

Well, I made two more baskets using this pattern. Both are made in size 10 thread. They are for my 2 DD's for Easter. Thanks again to Heart for this CAL.

:manyheart

Linda

th_downsized_0407091345.jpgClickable

Well, I made two more baskets using this pattern. Both are made in size 10 thread. They are for my 2 DD's for Easter. Thanks again to Heart for this CAL.

:manyheart

Linda

th_downsized_0407091345.jpgClickable

ok.. needing to share my Boston accent:

Linda... OMG! Those are WICKED cute!

Ya done good! ;)

Wow, Sarah! You surely did a lot of work on this CAL. Just got through getting the finishing instructions and preparing the instructions was in itself a lot of work. Thank you for taking the time to share all this with us. Haven't looked at all the pictures but couldn't help but see byronnat100's (is that Molly?) finished basket. It is beautiful! :yes

Mine has just been sitting here with all it's loose ends. Still need to do finishing work. Gotta find the right form for it to dry on after it is stiffened. With #3 thread, I think I'll use liquid starch so it will hold up real good. But who knows when I'll finish it...I don't. :P

:ty again and again and again! :hug

I absolutely loved making this and I am not ready to throw in the towel yet but I have to get to Michaels or someplace with industrial strength stiffener for my basket. (even a handle wasn't going to save this puppy)

mc-01.jpg

That is right side up :sigh:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

mc-02.jpg

That is what I get when I try to set it up (without the pail) to do something with it.

The major lesson to learn from this is that you should not use a larger hook if you crochet loosely to start with. A 4mm would have been very tough to use but it would have made a better "basket".

Archived