Mother's Day Mystery CAL

heart

Here's a pic of my iddy biddy Easter Basket. I don't want to put anything in it, so I can see the pretty design in the center! :manyheart

th_MysteryCAL.jpg

That is just adorable. I know what you mean about looking at the pretties... me too. :wlol

Oh Wow!!!! I just saw your green and white swirl - oh my! :drool

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, I got one of mine finished last night. It is a lilac string #3

IMG_0317.jpg?t=1238588239

you can see it blue ribbon unfinished on the side.

Heart thank you for an interesting CAL it was great fun.

Ladykats, Both are just beautiful! Great work! :manyheart

Ahhh, I finally finished the second hat/basket mystery thing. This one is in blue ribbon and I used a E hook.

IMG_0320.jpg?t=1238605786

Here's a pic of my iddy biddy Easter Basket. I don't want to put anything in it, so I can see the pretty design in the center! :manyheart

th_MysteryCAL.jpg

Oh! This is just the sweetest thing! I love that you made a handle and added the flower to it. Did you crochet over wire or pipe cleaners? I may do my # 10 thread one this way. Very lovely. :manyheart

**I've added these to the first post with the others. ;)

th_MysteryCAL.jpg

Wow!:clap

Gah! I peeked! This will get done eventually. I'll just write down the pattern so I can take it places with me.

Where is the "reveal all"?

The "reveal all" is on page 23, post # 226. You'll see big red letters telling you not to look unless you're ready. It tells what it was intended to be and how to finish it. Look at all the posts and decide what you like. Some are kind of funny :lol.

Ellie 13

I did mine in WW acrylic, so I don't think I can stiffen it. If I tack the brim up and make the flower a different color, it might be a nice hat. I'll do cotton next, or I might try it in sport weight and an E hook. This was fun and interesting to see what people did with them. Now I have to get back to bunny pins for Easter.

Ellie 13

Oh my everyones project is so pretty... I am going to make a basket also I am going to stiffen my project tonight... I will post it when I am done... Thanks so very much Heart for this nice crochet along.... Hugs, Molly

Granny Square I love your basket.... I know now what I am going to do with mine after it is stiffened after seeing yours and Darlenes.... Hugs, Molly

th_MysteryCAL.jpg

Spring Mystery CAL

Materials

size 10 cotton thread and a size 7 steel hook or

size 3 cotton thread and a size D hook or

ww cotton yarn and a size F or G hook Use what works for you. Everyone's welcome! :)

Day4

Attach thread/yarn to any sc of R12 of first piece (WW, it is the last row made on the first piece, your row count is more b/c of the added rows).

R1 ch6, dc in same sc (counts as dc, ch3, dc), skip 2 sc, {dc, ch3, dc in next sc. skip next 2 sc} Repeat st sequence around. slst to 3rd ch of begenning ch6 to join. (24, dc, ch3, dc sts) ** Pay attention to st count here, as you are chaining 3, but skipping only 2 sc, I messed up once and had to re~do this row. So, count your sts when you are done.

I have a question regarding the portion highlighted in blue on Day 4. When following these instructions I am not coming up with 24.....could someone please help?:think

I know.. wasn't the size of the fiber that threw me. Was the instruction. I thought that sc in same space.. meant to sc in the same stitch as the ch 1 but then I saw that the row ended that way, so I was thoroughly confused

If no one's explained this one yet, you only do one stitch in the first sc, then two stitches/sc around until you get back to the beginning, then another stitch in the first sc, and yes, that's the one you did the chain one in if you did it right. IOW, for the second round, each stitch in round one gets two stitches worked into it, but first stitch of Round 1 gets the first and last stitches of Round 2 worked into it instead of the first two consecutive stitches.

I love those little easter baskets! That's such a good idea! I should try to make those for my nieces and nephew... If I have time.. :shrug

R1 ch6, dc in same sc (counts as dc, ch3, dc), skip 2 sc, {dc, ch3, dc in next sc. skip next 2 sc} Repeat st sequence around. slst to 3rd ch of begenning ch6 to join. (24, dc, ch3, dc sts) ** Pay attention to st count here, as you are chaining 3, but skipping only 2 sc, I messed up once and had to re~do this row. So, count your sts when you are done.

I have a question regarding the portion highlighted in blue on Day 4. When following these instructions I am not coming up with 24.....could someone please help?:think

I think the part in blue is a typo. It's supposed to be "dc in same sc." If you do it that way, it works.

R1 ch6, dc in same sc (counts as dc, ch3, dc), skip 2 sc, {dc, ch3, dc in next sc. skip next 2 sc} Repeat st sequence around. slst to 3rd ch of begenning ch6 to join. (24, dc, ch3, dc sts)

I think it is right though as it is in brackets after you skip 2 stitches you then do what's in the bracketts meaning dc ch 3 dc in the next sc then skip 2 stitches and repeat what's in the bracketts.

I think you're right. I was getting confused on the grouping of stitches. At any rate, what we're looking at is v-stitches with three chains at the the top.

Now, the first time I tried it, I couldn't get the count right. It turned out that I'd done a few too many single crochets in some chain 2 spaces two rows down. By a weird coincidence, it worked out to be exactly enough surplus stitches that I got two extra V's. I didn't notice for about three rows. I was working in size 10 thread and put four scs in some of those spaces instead of three. Stitch markers are your friends.

BTDT I know what you mean as sometimes I try to go to fast and read things wrong. Glad it worked out for you though.

Hey, sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I've been busy today. What you have is a V stitch, there will be 24 of those. Not 24 dc. Also count the stitches on the row before and see if you have the right number on that row too. Let me know if this helps.

I think I did the last round wrong but it turned out so pretty anyway... Pictures do no justice for sure... Thanks Hearts for the fun and exciting CAL.... Hugs, Molly

3407608395_d3442211d9.jpg?v=0

Looks real pretty Molly. I love the purple color.

:yay

Linda

Archived