Mother's Day Mystery CAL

heart

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok finished for today...D hook with size 3 thread...how bad am i a threadie who has never used size 3. So far I love working with it. Oh the color is tangerine. I am one who loves to post pictures so expect them from me throughout.

CALDay1.jpg

Ohh I love that color! A very pretty orange! Looks pretty :-)

Ok finished for today...D hook with size 3 thread...how bad am i a threadie who has never used size 3. So far I love working with it. Oh the color is tangerine. I am one who loves to post pictures so expect them from me throughout.

CALDay1.jpg

Yay! I love pics! (I'm addicted to crochet pics!) Plus pics are extra help.

I know right? I like the size 3 b/c is has a nice "drape" and feel for projects and it's a little quicker b/c it's thicker.

:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek CAN :D you believe I just learned how to use the multi~quote option? :P

I don't know what color to use! I might have to close my eyes and grab!

I like that idea! You aould always choose 2 or 3 and make more than 1.:hook

I finished my rows! I like this, because I'm using knowledge I already have and also learning something new. Never done a picot before. :-)

I'll be out of town tomorrow, but I'll hopefully get home before it's too late and work on tomorrow's rounds. I'd take it with me, but I'm mostly likely giving this to my mom and she'll be there tomorrow. hehe.

I'm using Sugar 'n' Cream... Key Lime Pie... and a size G hook.

Yay! :yay

I am done and I did 2 of them. how many days do we have to finish?

4 days total. Last days instructions will be given on Monday morning, how many days we post pics and chat...:c9

Here's mine. Im stuck at work with no hook :irk

mine.jpg

:( Love the black and red color scheme!:lol It will work up quick for you this evening.

I just finished todays instructions and it looks good. Thanks for the cal. This is my first cal and I am so excited.

I am using:

G hook

Sugar n Cream Sage Green

:woo

Linda

You're welcome! I love sage. :manyheart

Hi!

I have one done.

Purple size 10 thread and a #7 hook. Pretty pattern. Thanks!

Cardboard - check

Now I wonder what it would look like made like a "painted" doily? :idea

hummmmmmm...........

I'm looking forward to tomorrows rows.

happy :hook,

You have to post a photo if you do that. I haven't made any painted doilies yet, but they are on my WIP list.:hook

I dont have any scrap cardboard, only cereal boxes

We can make a cereal box work. ;)

I am done w/ today's rounds. I'm using a G hook and Peaches n' Cream in ecru. :hook

Tina

My ww is in Sugar n Creme soft ecru...:yes

I'm here and already behind :lol. You ladies have been busy and now I'm gonna give this a try. However, I think I'm crochet challenged right now. My mojo must have taken off. Gonna try anyway. Going to pick out my size 3 thread now.

It would probably help if I posted the pic, huh! :D (Edited because I forgot!)

Through R5, It should look like this for Day 1.

1238175450.jpg

I need to go stop by the post office, then pick up the boys from school, so those of you who are done, if you see someone may need a little help, please feel free to jump right in. :) Be back by about 4 pm and will check in with you guys. Day 1 :woo

It gets better........trust me ;)

Very pretty. I really like it so far. I may just have to make a few in differnt colors. I am making the first one in an off white size 10 thread. Sorry no pictures yet. Batteries need to recharge.

Yay! I finished the first 5 rows!
:clap for Mandii! and everyone else who's ahead of me! :clap

Thought I had more size 3 colors. Picked Royale Warm Blue over Sage, Plum, Warm Teal, Warm Rose and Lime :yuck...don't know why I have this color.

So here I go; got my hook, thread and pattern.

I decided to do one in thread, too (size 10 thread) and a 6 steel hook since I can't find my 7. Pink, lavender, blue, yellow and lt. blue variegated thread.

Tina

Thought I had more size 3 colors. Picked Royale Warm Blue over Sage, Plum, Warm Teal, Warm Rose and Lime :yuck...don't know why I have this color.

I keep missing you. I'm making the Spring Blossom Ensemble hat from Lullabies and Lace right now in Warm blue. It's a pretty color. Not sure if I'll get to the dress.

Yay! I finished the first 5 rows!

:woo

This is fun. I used size 10 knit cro sheen in pastels.:yes

359611839.jpg

:eek:eek:eek That is georgous!!! I have to find this Knitcro sheen, I haven't used it before. Beautiful colorway!

Tina I bet yours is pretty too. Size 6 hook is ok too. I actually like it better, cause it's bigger. I just figured most everyone would have a size 7, seems like most patterns for #10 are with a size 7.

I love lime!

Well I love any and all greens. Even that ugly one that looks like puke.

:eek:eek:eek That is georgous!!! I have to find this Knitcro sheen, I haven't used it before. Beautiful colorway!

Tina I bet yours is pretty too. Size 6 hook is ok too. I actually like it better, cause it's bigger. I just figured most everyone would have a size 7, seems like most patterns for #10 are with a size 7.

My best friend bought me a huge set of crochet hooks two years ago for christmas so I decided to use my size 6. It made things a little easier for me since it's my first time.

oooops I forgot the last round have to retake the pics

I had to use a size 6 couldn't find my 7 and 8 was pushing the small size... LOL... The hook I am using cost a whole 15 cents it was one of my great Aunt Beth's that I inherited.... I assume we were not to end..... I am ready for tomorrow... The cardboard we need I have a priorty box from the P O is that good? Thanks for the Mystery CAL... this is such fun... Molly

SNC10947.jpg?t=1238194285

oooops I forgot the last round have to retake the pics

Can't get my camera to work very well today... But I am ready for tomorrow... The cardboard we need I have a priorty box from the P O is that good? Thanks for the Mystery CAL... this is such fun... Molly

Love that color! Very elegant! Yes that box is ok, just needs to be able to open up bretty big.... depending on the type of thread used, it may need to be up to 12" give or take a few. I used a Domino's Pizza box and had room left over....WW, we may need to get creative..... :D There will be different options in the end, soooo, it's ok, if you do or don't have the cardboard. You may or may not decide to use use it anyway. HHHMMmmmmmm, the mystery has taken flight..........................:flying

I love lime!

Well I love any and all greens. Even that ugly one that looks like puke.

Me too! You would not believe how many of my clothes and things in my house are green. I too am a lover of puke green, but I say tacky green, :D cause just saying that word makes my stomach queesy!:P

Sarisue yours looks just like mine. That is the same color as what mine is, too. :)

Archived