Mother's Day Mystery CAL

heart

Well, I finished day 3... I wanted to post a picture but I got frustrated because it refused to be small. Every time I tried to resize it.. it just stayed huge.

Everyone else's looks awesome too. I'm thinking it looks like a covering for those smaller clay pots that you can put flowers in.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I finished day 3 and made 3 flowers with just one skein of the ww Sugar n Cream Sage Green. I will have to start a new skein tomorrow.

Linda

Thank you for the info. That will work for me as I have two skeins! :yay

I am off to start my day three. Everyones pictures are looking really nice!

Sarisue, we got the same colors, my friend I made pinkish salmon. It looks very nice. DebiAnn

That's neat.:)

I don't know which way to put it now though as one way it can be one thing and another way something else. I had it one way that looked like a hat but was thinking the other way it could be a basket, or if I did it a little tighter as I crochet loose I could have a small candle holder.:lol

I don't know which way to put it now though as one way it can be one thing and another way something else. I had it one way that looked like a hat but was thinking the other way it could be a basket, or if I did it a little tighter as I crochet loose I could have a small candle holder.:lol

I did two of them. I thought for sure a hat or basket. I did not think of candle holder. I am enjoying this. Its fun:clap, I wonderif she has another up her sleeve for the very near fututre?#!:manyheart Do you know what WW stands for?:D

I did two of them. I thought for sure a hat or basket. I did not think of candle holder. I am enjoying this. Its fun:clap, I wonderif she has another up her sleeve for the very near fututre?#!:manyheart Do you know what WW stands for?:D

:cheerInteresting isn't it? She does post those little devils. he he WW stands for worsted weight. As she says cotton they mentioned two Peaches something and Sugar something. I have them somewhere but it would probably be over by the time I found them. :D So the WW would be bigger and possabily something different than the thread ones so what oh what could that be?:think

Well, I finished day 3... I wanted to post a picture but I got frustrated because it refused to be small. Every time I tried to resize it.. it just stayed huge.

Everyone else's looks awesome too. I'm thinking it looks like a covering for those smaller clay pots that you can put flowers in.

Very good idea. That would be gorgeous! Do you use photobucket for your pictures? When you move your cursor over the photo (when you are on the page that shows several pics at once) a little menu pops us, right click on the last option in that mini menu under the photo you want to use, to copy it, then select copy, from your right click menu, then come here and paste that code. (When I upload my photos, there is an option you can choose before you upload, with choices, small, medium, and large. I use medium) Hope this helps. I'm not sure about how to use flickr.

th_SNC10964.jpgth_SNC10965.jpg

th_SNC10963.jpg I am done with day 3

Just beautiful!!!!!:yay:yay:yay

I'm working on the cute little flower-thingie now:hook

It is cute isn't it? :D

Yet another good idea! :devil

WW means worsted weight, just regular yarn, we've used peaches and creme, sugar and creme, and someone was using Lion Brand's cotton ease (Darski ?). It's a little thinner than the peaches/sugar and creme I think. That will be nice to see.

th_DSCN0006-10.jpg click me!

Hi,

I used size 30 thread in white with a #11 hook and a silver bead center to embellish.

Looking forward to the final instructions and later the big "reveal".

I may make a leaf or two for this flower.....

Your flower is beautiful! The # 30 really makes it so sweet, thank you for using another weight of material for this, it really shows how versital a pattern can be. Great thinking outside the box! :manyheart

I finished day 3 and made 3 flowers with just one skein of the ww Sugar n Cream Sage Green. I will have to start a new skein tomorrow.

Linda

Thanks for that info, I started mine in the middle of a skein, and had to use another one. Yours sounds more accurate for reference. ;)

I'm off to make some strawberry (cake mix) mini cupcakes with Hershey's chocolate chips I'm adding to the batter, and chocolate icing! Yum!! Not like I need the extra sugar or calories, but it's for my husband and my kids, um.................. if I eat 1 or say 8, it's ok, right? ;)

You all have fun!

:whew! I've had a hard time staying with this. I don't like it when that happens. :no

Anyway, I finished Day 1 :P and snapped a :photo. Finished Row 6 and starting on Row 7. Hoping to catch up but don't think it will be tonight. :no

All your pictures look great and it also looks interesting as to what this mystery will be. :eek

So... um .. why does everything I make look like a hat?

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

:hiDarski!

Cause you're the hat lady, that's why! :rofl

You're also the doll lady, aren't you? If so, then be thankful it doesn't look like a doll. :eek

I'm off to make some strawberry (cake mix) mini cupcakes with Hershey's chocolate chips I'm adding to the batter, and chocolate icing! Yum!! Not like I need the extra sugar or calories, but it's for my husband and my kids, um.................. if I eat 1 or say 8, it's ok, right? ;)

You all have fun!

I say go for the 8. :yes

I surely won't make any progress on the mystery if I keep posting here. :no

cluless, Oh! I hope it's a toilet paper cover. I really need a couple of those. :rofl

Got a little behind, all caught up now. Mine is in pastel varigated, I thought my pink and green solid threads matched the varigated, but they don't quite :eek I used them anyway for a pink flower with green leaves, I hope they're close enough :sigh

Looking forward to tomorrow, I have to work as well so I'll be late again. To posting, not work! :lol

hi-

I finished day 3, and am looking forward to tomorrow!

I will be here with my :coffee& :hook as soon as I get the DK's off to school. I, too, would like to wait until later to find out what it is supposed to be.

I hadn't thought of the door knob cozy... my MIL loves those!:manyheart:yes

My kids are all trying to guess what this is, too! they are enjoying the suspense as much as we are! Their majority vote is a candle cozy for a small jar candle.

thanks again, Heart! This is really fun! :hug:yay:manyheart

btw... I agree that it would be fun to do one of these again soon! :wink

I finished both of mine. We got to pick our son from the airport today:clap, so we were gone most of the day.

th_003-23.jpg

Heart, the mini cupcakes are just like the donut holes, they don't count (I had two donut holes today :P). :yes Sorry the picture is a little blurry...

Tina

Ok, tomorrow is going to be a lot of info, :) so, tomorrow morning, do you want the instructions first, then a few hours later, the finishing/project info? Because of the difference in materials..thread to yarn, there will be different project options... there will be a choice as to what you decide to make. I designed the pattern with a specific project in mind, but when I was testing in the different sizes, I had a few different ideas as to what could be made. Mystery :woo haha, so, do you want all the info at the same time, or do you want time to finish first, to be suprised? Because if you read all the info, you'll know what it is. ;)
Instructions first, please.

How about the finishing/project info the day after? Unless everyone else wants it tomorrow...okay by me since I'm so far behind. Not nice to make others wait. :no

Maybe you could begin your post with "Jeannie, Spoiler Here" in big bold letters.

I don't know what color to use! I might have to close my eyes and grab!
I don't know if Laura ever got started on the project.

But, yesterday she had her baby...C-Section...a daughter and both are doing fine. Name undecided now. Her DH (Endweaver9000!) posted in the Sky CAL and he said he was very tired :tired and was gonna get some :sleep.

Here's DH's post.

Congratulations to Laura and J!

There are so many of you I haven't "met" before and want to get to know you. Sorry I haven't been on the thread regularly. I come in and post a bunch and then leave :sigh .

Anyway, hope we can become acquainted. :yes

Archived