FINISHED!!! My Best EVER Afghan!! - Updated Pic Page 9 post #87

mama24boyz

OK, I wanted to make my Mom something special for xmas this year, so I had someone make a graph for me. Its my Grandparents.3161282157_77ed63d524_m.jpg

Then, I got my pattern and of course couldn't find some of the colours I needed, so I ordered them on line. Finally, I was able to start working on my blanket about 3 weeks before xmas. At first I only worked when the kids were asleep cuz of so many colour changes, hard to keep track with running babes!. Then, it was getting close to Christmas, so i started working on it every chance I had, but I still didn't get it done.:(BUT, it looked good enough for me to give to my Mom xmas day ( I was even an hour late for dinner!!!:P) then I was going to take it home that night and finish it off soon. SHE WOULDN'T GIVE IT BACK!!!!!:lol I finally got it today, so i took some pics. Its not done, I still need to weave in some ends and make my border, but it looks amazing, I think ( and so does my Mom, whcih was most important) I think its my absolute best accomplishment yet! :yay And now my aunt and uncle want one too!!:eek

So heres 3 hard weeks of work.

3162116994_43babf72d7_m.jpg

I will be sure to post pics of it finished as soon as I can.

Thanks for looking!:manyheart

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is so amazing and awesome, I just cannot find words to describe how beautiful that is. I bet you're proud of it. If I was your Mom, I would have a hard time letting go of it, as well.

Great, fantastic job. :hug

wow thats just amazing, how did you find all the right colors to use? and was it all the same weight? wow again. awesome.. I love it.:)

Wow, that's an awesome afghan! I'm impressed by the afghan and that you did it in 3 weeks. My crocheting speed is pretty slow lol.. hopefully it will get faster with time. Congrats on this and I'm sure it will be passed down and treasured by your family.

That is amazing

I have to ask... is this person someone that makes patterns? Just amazing wow I am sure it will be a family heirloom for many generations.

:clap

Archived