FINISHED!!! My Best EVER Afghan!! - Updated Pic Page 9 post #87

mama24boyz

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's so awesome! I can't believe you did it that fast! And it looks absolutely great. No wonder your mom didn't want to give it back to you to finish.:lol

I wish I was half as talented as you! :cheer:bow:jumpyay

May I ask you a question...did it take only three weeks because you wanted it done before Christmas or does it just work up that fast? Oh, and I watched the free video on his site, and saw how he pulls the tied yarn ends through the afghan....how does the back look then?

May I ask you a question...did it take only three weeks because you wanted it done before Christmas or does it just work up that fast? Oh, and I watched the free video on his site, and saw how he pulls the tied yarn ends through the afghan....how does the back look then?

Well, I think I crochet fast. I did stay up laste some nights thoug, so if I just worked on it when I did initially, it would have been longer. One row would sometimes take me 10 - 20 minutes, depending on the number of colour changes. But the first few and last few rows each had only a few colour changes so they were very quick.I didn't watch his video, so i just did mine like a normal graphgan, but in the end I did have a lot of ends to weave in! I hate weaving in ends. And I didn't tie any either, just normal colour changes and most of the ends I crocheted over, depending on the next colour, like from one shade of brown to another I could carry the end, but from black to white, I couldn't cuz you would see it through.

Well, I'm finished! I guess it was good that I didn't get it done in time, because I was going to do a brown border, but my Mom wanted black, and I also wasn't sure if I should make it a full size afghan or just add a small border and Mom picked a small border and she wanted to hang it, but easily be able to take it down and cuddle it when she needs to.

So, I did a border of 5 rows of sc, then a hanging loop all across the top. I also had about 12 rows left to do one the one side.

So here it is, all finished!!

3171245653_4b64dd6e1b_m.jpg

And I have to say thanks to everyone for all your kind comments. I love this blanket!!

Archived