What does your DH, SO, or BF call Crochetville?

My hubby doesn't say anything. As long as he has something to eat and clean sheets, he couldn't care less. Doesn't grumble when I buy more yarn... just tries to help me figure out where to put it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think my folks call it 'my happy place' I am always in a really good mood after being on here for awhile. :)

I've never told my husband about this site. Don't want him knowing I'm not working on something "important."

:lol I couldn't help but notice that you have over 2000 posts, too! :lol

My DH doesn't usually bring it up, I do. I guess he just calls it by it's name: Crochetville. I can't remember him calling it anything else.

My hubby knows that I belong to a crochet forum but he doesn't really know the name of it. Overall, he is really great about my hobby (aka my addiction).:lol He knows that I work many hours to help provide for us and have a long commute (about 1.5 hours each way) on the train everyday. My train time is usually my crochet time. As long as I don't spend the rent money on yarn he is fine. He always compliments me on my finished projects. He always says, "Baby, you are really good at this." I always say, "Someone just designeda really terrific pattern that I was able to follow.";)

Mine doesn't call it anything special either, but surprised me by saying he was impressed that I do anything regularly on the computer. (A few years ago, I didn't even know how to turn the things on, and now I have my own laptop, with an email account and everything!)

M hubby will look at my laptop, and say, hummmmmmmm let me guess your crochet friends???? hahahaha but he loves it, thats the place momy goes to trade in her stuff is what my son says, lol, when we are in swap...I shop all the time for "bargins" to throw in a swap box!

Mine doesnt have a nick name for it YET . . . When he realized tonight what I was doing he asked if it was a bunch of 70 year olds. I kicked him . . .

He does call my other "obsession" (scrapbooking) "CRAPBOOKING" and my supplies "SCRAPCRAP"

He's so nice :lol

:roflI have had more fun reading this thread.:rofl

Let's see my DH calls it C'ville, the Ville or Crochetville. Of course he is my photographer and color coodinator.

He helps me decide on what colors to use on the totes I make, and most times the colors and names of my dolls.

Boy does he ever support my habit. When the Herrschner's and Joann's e-mails comes in, he tells me about the cool stuff on sale.

Thanks for giving me a good laugh ladies.:hook

I don't think he really has a name for it. I call it "the forum" since this is the only one I'm on. He doesn't mind since it keeps me from bugging him while he checks email, all the forums he's on, and looks at all the other stuff he's got going online. I think we've spent 2 hours at a time in the computer lab at school (we don't have internet at home) and this is after he has had oportunities throught the day to do this stuff! :eek He doesn't have room to complain. :no He does really apriciate some of the stuff you guys put on here. :crocheting

My hubby will just ask, how's things in the ville or village. I ask which one? I "live" in several, lol! I think he is happy I found Crochetville, I don't have any 3-D friends to crochet with. I am also one of the lucky one's who has a hubby who supports and encourages my yarn obsession.

My youngest son asks me how my "twin sisters" are, then I have to remind him that there are men here too. He laughs and asks how my "twins" are. My oldest calls it my "therapy group". He'll ask me, "did you go to your therapy group today"?

Archived