What does your DH, SO, or BF call Crochetville?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My husband calls it my self gratification web-site :lol but mainly he justs thinks you are all a bad influence :rofl

A bad influence indeed. At least people here are influencing you into gratuitous acts of hooking and not into a crack habit. :D

well DH just rolls his eyes and says Crochetville again:think My DD calls them my crazy friends and a bad influence since i seem to join a swap when she is over my shoulder. But DS calls you all my friends who make mommy laugh now ho great is that.

My hubby just calls it the crochet forum. He is actually pretty well versed in the arts of yarn. His grandmother taught him to cross stitch when he was in like 3rd grade, and he almost always gets knitting needle and crochet hook right. :) Sometimes he calls them crochet needles, but he's trying! Whenever he teases me about crocheting, I tease him about all his sports forums, so we're even. :)

Victoria

Sadly to say, my bf calls it my "crochet p...", well in the interests of PG-13, let's just say that I act as though I were looking at unsavoury pictures, as opposed to a crafts forum, because I click it away so guiltily when he comes up behind me. I also tend to stare at it, mesmerised, clicking and enlarging pictures, oblivious to all going on around me, or shift nervously in my seat, waiting for him to leave the room so I can go online in peace. Otherwise he looks over my shoulder asking questions like, "I don't get it. What's so new in the world of crochet that you have to go on every day? Breaking news: a new pattern for a scarf?!"

And I answer snootily, "Excuse me, but there are also discussion threads."

Him: "About crochet?"

Me, even more snootily, "Yes."

And he walks off, shaking his head. He thinks we're all nuts. But I tell him that there is a VERY FINE line between insanity and genius, and we're all walking on it, swinging our hooks.... :lol

my DH doesnt comment about it at all. he only makes two comments to me.

1. I hope your not spending money on supplies this month

and this is the one i hear daily

2. you should be playin everqiest with me instead of crocheting and reading that board

i do play eq2 on a casual basis. but between working 32 hs a week, maintaining my house. and my desire to relax. the crocheting is wining right now. i just love watching a doily coem together and know that i did it

Miss Crochet, those discussion threads are something mine thinks is a very redeeming part of "Crocketville". He's relieved that we all have some place to ask questions and give each other help. He's happy there are so many different kinds of people and ways of looking at things, so that we get a bigger picture of anything, and can come to more well-rounded conclusions.

The part I think he chuckles and shakes his head at is my interest in looking at pictures of so much crochet and typing all those little posts. He's happy that C'ville and my tea-drinking are my worst habits.

I think he calls it "the crochet forum" because I call it "the crochet forum". My husband has heard me talk about getting help with problems here. The other night he said he needed to find a forum for questions on one of his projects. I think he realizes people can help people anywhere, even electronically!

After sharing this thread question with my DH, he said, "It's ChatVil"! :jumpyay

That's why I just had to change my Avatar!! I love it! :laughroll

Me and Hubby have an ongoing joke about crochetville When I get up in the morning. I grab my tea and look at Hubby and say

Me---See you later Sweetie

Hubby---Where you going

Me---Im off to work

Hubby---Ok be careful of the traffic (our 4 cats :lol)

Me---I will it seems to be heavy today

Hubby---Say hello to all the" WOMAN WITH WHIPS" (wips) :crocheting

We both have different images of this in our minds :rofl

Hmmmmmm Woman With Whips would make a great new slogan for items in the crochetville store :devil

Archived