Eight-pocket Tote CAL

barbn77

Karen your bag looks beautiful.

Cheryl, thanks for making the links easy to find.

I second that.

Kazily, I love your bag. I think the red thread looks great on there for some reason...

Cocoa beautiful tote. And thanks for the instructions/tutorial on the lining.

Cheryl, thanks for all the listings of links! that is great and very helpful.

Okay, my bag is still a WIP. I've been working on other projects, just because. I don't know, sometimes that happens with me. Plus I wanted to see what others have done with the lining and other options for it. Now I want to finish it, probably nothing special, just a fabric I have. I don't think I'll line the straps, maybe reinforce them somehow (ribbon or put another thread weaved through it), but since only yarn and scissors and hooks and a magazine or pattern will be in it, for home use, I don't know if I'll need it (and I don't want to do all that sewing by hand:no ) although I like the idea.

Debbi

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am still working away on this project. I decided I am going to line mine, using plastic canvas, and this cool skull/bandana type of fabric. Then I am going to make mine into a messenger type bag, and use cording instead of crocheting the handles. I hope to be finished by Friday! I have to put it in the mail then...... I really am enjoying how cute this pattern is working up so far.

Evening everyone, sorry I have not posted my daughter is having her first baby tomorrow by section I am so excited that I am finally going to be a grandmother. I have not worked on my back panel since Sunday, but after the baby is born and everything settle down again I will get back to hooking. :hook Like everyone I can't wait to see my tote finish. Cocoa Cream beautiful tote and thanks for the lining tutourial for I am going to need it. Cherly a big thanks to you for putting all the tutourials in a quick link where they can be found all together. I really appreciate it.

GORGEOUS bag, Cocoa!

I'm back from sabbatical. I haven't finished my second bag, but it's getting there. I'm nearly done with something else that bite me to make and I'll get back to the bag as soon as I'm done. I really do need to finish it because I need to get it in the mail in a few days!!!

I love seeing all the totes that have been finished and especially the lining tutorial! I have yet to set an account with flicker so I can post my pics also.

I love this bag and will definitely be making more. I use it constantly. At first I did not want a lining because I felt it would keep me from expanding it to its full potential. I now realize that I am putting so much in it that I am afraid that I will break it at the seams, lol. So here is my next option, make more and line it!

Since I made mine with cotton, if you made yours with acrylic, do you like your results as to the duribility and strength of the bag? Because cotton has no memory I have noticed that the seam at the bottom is getting little holes. I would line the one I have but the cotton has already added more weight.

I finally got to JoAnn's yesterday and bought fabric lining, though it will be finished today it my have to wait until tomorrow to post a picture as I am without my computer for a couple days. I look forward to making another soon as it seems to be just the right size for so many things. :manyheart

:cheer morning everyone just dropping by to say my first grandbaby was born yesterday. A big beautiful almost 10 lb baby boy. I am so happy and so in love with him. :manyheart Now that everything ok with my daughter and baby I can get back to my normal life of hooking. :hook Just dropped by to tell you all the good news. Hugs :hug

:cheer morning everyone just dropping by to say my first grandbaby was born yesterday. A big beautiful almost 10 lb baby boy. I am so happy and so in love with him. :manyheart Now that everything ok with my daughter and baby I can get back to my normal life of hooking. :hook Just dropped by to tell you all the good news. Hugs :hug

! ! ! CONGRATS ! ! !

:cheer:clap:yay:hug:jumpyay:flower:dance:applause

Congratulations!! Enjoy all the fun. :woo :woo

Congratulations Cheeria! Have fun with the new baby!!!

Your bag is gorgeous Bonnie. I love the lining!

I'm finally back to working on the tote. I have the sides nearly done (about 2 more rows) and will start the gusset next. WHEE!!!

Cheeria congratulation on the new grandchild, its so great. Cocoa and Angelfire the totes are wonderful. Please any one who wants to be included in my blog, send me the pictures directly to MHDesigner1@aol.com

I will start posting today

Margaret

Very nice! I'm hoping to find some fabric for the lining tomorrow, Mom and I need to go to Joanns, so I can look then. It will be a while before I'm ready to line, but I can get an idea of what's available.

I bought my fabric @ JoAnn's on sale, it is brocade and on sale for 40% off. I hope you find the perfect lining.

Angel...what a beautiful bag! Very nice color & lining choices. :)

I plan to make another tote after I make a swap bag for the autumn swap but the other day I thought why not make one for my partner? :idea

I am thinking of making the front & back pockets a row of small granny squares. My idea is just coming together so will take a little planning & it might change lol but I am waiting for a booklet of squares that I just won on ebay...99 granny squares. The only snag is I will have to change the handles. They would cover the squares up otherwise.

Well, will see what my mind can come up with over the next couple of days. mmmmhhhh

Archived