Eight-pocket Tote CAL

barbn77

Thanks for all the positive feedback, everyone! I really did the tutorial more for fun than anything, but if it helps someone, all the better! :)

I'm hoping to get a bit of extra spare time this week as it's in-service week for me...less time at school, more at home! If that works out, I'll be posting about the lining in the next few days.

Until then....keep up the good work, everyone! :cheer

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

saw the purse with the wooden handles. ir's really nice. :clap maybe I'll have to make one of those too. it would make a nice one for a gift or to carry along smaller projects . bert

Wow, beautiful totes!!!! I'm so jealous!!!

I ended up making a major boo-boo that I have to frog! I decided to do the gussett length wise instead of just doing tiny little rows which I thought would take longer. Anyway, I measured wrong and it's too big! UGH! So today I'll be frogging it and starting over on that part! I should have this thing wrapped up this week! I hope so at least!

:hook Love the pattern for the tote. I just finished a baby blanket in a similar pattern for an expected great grandaughter. I just have to make the tote, as well. Since fall is nearly here, I think I'll do mine in rust and gold. This is gonna be fun. I can't wait to get started. I have afew projects going right now, but I can put them on the back burner until I do this. Except for my daughter's afghan. It's nearly finished and I DO need to get it out of the way. It's Black and Amethyst in a variation of the shell pattern. :knit If I crochet fast enough, I can finish the afghan by Thursday. Just hope I can wait that long to start the tote!!!!!!!:eek

I managed to get everything joined and sewed on except on strap. Hopefully, I will find time to get this strap on tonight and work in my ends. I ended up using Lion Brand Cotton Ease (50% acrylic and 50% cotton) so I won't be lining mine.

I also changed my mind on the second bag. I picked Vanna's choice yarn and it is very stretchy so I will have to find different yarn to make another of these.

I love the bags that are finished. It sounds like there should be more pics of finished bags soon.

Have a great day ladies.:hook

:c9 Morning everyone, wow everyones finish tote is not only amazing but beautiful. Thank you for the lining tutorial. I did go to Joann's yesterday and brought my material for my lining. Hopefully I will be fininsh with the first panel in a day or two, I am a slow crocheter, :hook but I am making progress. I can't wait until I will finally have a finish tote bag to show until that time just cheering everyone on. You Go :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

I still haven't worked on mine, because I'm dreading doing the lining. I'm not much of a sewer and although the links above and other links have helped, this one is going to be thougher because I'm thinking there will need to be a piece for the gusset, as well as the back and front, and that's a lot of sewing... or am I wrong? Who has done their lining?

Thanks

Debbi

I still haven't worked on mine, because I'm dreading doing the lining. I'm not much of a sewer and although the links above and other links have helped, this one is going to be thougher because I'm thinking there will need to be a piece for the gusset, as well as the back and front, and that's a lot of sewing... or am I wrong? Who has done their lining?

Thanks

Debbi

I haven't done a lining for mine yet (my tote isn't at that stage just yet) & don't know if I will. I'm still thinking about whether or not to add a fusible interfacing to the lining material.

I don't think it's all that much sewing, Debbi, but if you want, you could try using fabric glue instead of sewing the pieces together.

You can use your crocheted pieces of the bag as templates to cut out the fabric material for the liner but leave about 1/2" extra all around each of the pieces to allow for the seams/hems.

I don't think it's all that much sewing, Debbi, but if you want, you could try using fabric glue instead of sewing the pieces together.

You can use your crocheted pieces of the bag as templates to cut out the fabric material for the liner but leave about 1/2" extra all around each of the pieces to allow for the seams/hems.

My plan was to use the crochet pieces for the templates. This would be 3 pieces to sew together. More then I have ever done before. Usually I've just done one piece, folded it in half and cut it to the size of the crochet purse, then just sew up the 2 sides (fold on the bottom of the purse). Then fold the top down, sew to the purse.

So this one would be more sewing by me. And by hand since I don't do machine sewing:no .

I could do the fabric glue, but that hasn't worked for me, but could be an option.

Or just buckle down and sew it!:lol

3 pocket tote **image heavy** helped me see the lining of this tote.

Debbi

I have most of the pieces made, I still need to make the handles ans start getting them together. I won't be able to work on it until Wednesday now though because with the migrain I have today and the driving tomorrow I won't be doing anything for a couple days.

I have most of the pieces made, I still need to make the handles ans start getting them together. I won't be able to work on it until Wednesday now though because with the migrain I have today and the driving tomorrow I won't be doing anything for a couple days.

Hope you feel better soon!!

I don't know what everyone else is using/doing but I'm using a RH WW yarn and am also using a matching crochet thread with the yarn so hopefully it won't be/get too stretchy. (Cotton yarn doesn't stretch the way acrylic yarn does.)

HTH!

Oooooohhhh!! Thank you. I am not expert with yarn. Good idea!! Maybe i can do the same. I want to see your work when you put some pics.

Linda

So I have managed to sew on my pockets and still need to sew onthe straps (and line it and put on a button...) Maybe by the time the week is out (well, the straps at least - still don't have the fabric...)

Here is a pic of what it looks like so far (clickable)

th_DSC06472.jpg

Ok I posted on my blog my progress so far its not that far along but working up quickly im so excited fort he colors im using the american ombre and the navy color which as soon as i get to the van i can give you the exact name lol but anyways im so glad i got forced to join this cal lol umm donna lol :hook

karen, I love those colors. It's looking great. Of course blue is my favorite color and I love it with black... I almost choose those, but decided on the teal.

Oh and I like the American Obre colors! I see that at walmart all the time and couldn't think what to use it for. I love it for a bag. It's looking good.

Debbi

I think i'm now caught up in this CAL, i'm changinf the first post too just have links too the finished totes, i'll start doing that a little later!!

WOW all the finished totes look awesome :cheer:hook

I still have to start my bag, so many projects to start, so little time!! I was going to make one for my SD, but she doesn't want it, so going to make one for my sister. I have asked her what colours, she wants it multicoloured to go with her hat I have to make her, she wants them made from leftovers so that there is no main colour, should be easy enough to find in my stash. lol

I haven't checked in for a few days and I missed a lot! You have made gorgeous bags! I'm still plugging away on mine and need to clear a path in the craft room to find a lining. I SO want a digital camera for Christmas so I can join the posting pic fun.

Karen, LOVE your tot! Very nice!!

I'm in school right now and am crazy from it (but a good crazy!) I am making slow progres on my tote. The gusset is almost finished... I just keep plugging along.

Been working on the Front of the bag. Hope to get that done today so I can get started on the gusset.

I really like this stitch pattern. Usually with repetitive patterns I get very bored, but I think because I have to concentrate a bit more with this one, that I don't have that problem.

I can't wait to be finished to see my final product...then decide how many more I might need to make!

Archived