Eight-pocket Tote CAL

barbn77

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just finished this purse, then found this thread!! I made the strap longer for a friend that wanted to use it as a diaper/toddler day bag. She picked the colors and they turned out really pretty. It is made with Sugar 'n' Cream Cotton.

DSC01427.jpg

DSC01423.jpg

Ooops forgot Inside/Lining

DSC01428.jpg

I love it that looks great!!!:yay

Not too much progress today...too busy. I did get the side pockets made, with enough yarn to spare! So now I'm weaving in ends...I hate weaving in ends. I wish a little yarn fairy would come along and do it all for me! Then I could get this tote put together like I want to!

ok i have changed the pattern, well the pockets and handles anyways

i went to the stitches and craft show today and i bought some really nice wooden handles for $10 sooo cheap

and i was looking at them thinking :scrachin they would look great on my eight pocket tote, which is now 3 :lol

people who know me know that i can NEVER stick to a pattern ...i always have too many ideas poping around my head

Clare wow thats going to be different. Cant wait to see the end result.

I have heard everyone saying that they had to make theirs smaller but mine hasnt worked out that way. Im using a H hook and its measuring around 38cm. The pattern is really easy and Im on the 2nd row now.

Wendy, for the one panel I made I went down a hook - I like how tight the stitches came out. I probably won't change the pattern, either.

Judy the pattern is beautiful and easy isnt it.

Very easy - almost too easy, if anything! I was happy to move on to SP projects after making just one panel! :lol

At least there's almost instant gratification on this one, as compared to my major projects!!

Wendy, I didn't make mine smaller either...of course, I also didn't use a smaller hook like most everyone else. I just an I hook as the pattern called for. I guess I must crochet tightly because my gauge was pretty close to exact. The width of my bag did turn out a teensy bit larger (17 inches instead 16 1/2) but I don't mind that at all. And since I planned to line this bag from the start, I really wasn't worried about tightness of the stitches.

I also think the fact that I followed the pattern so closely shows what a conformist I am! :) The only real change I've made was to the button tab. It was way too wide for my liking. (Details are on my blog.) Otherwise, I've just followed the pattern! :hook

I have only the second strap to crochet and then I'll start sewing it together. I still need to buy the fabric for the lining and the button (probably won't get to that until Saturday). I'll try to post some pics of my progress tonight before the sewing begins. I took a few this morning but need to transfer them over.

I am also eager to start my second tote - in kelly green with black for a Christmas gift for my Mom. I might not put on all the pockets for hers though (I'll decide later)

:c9 Good Morning everyone, I am loving working on this tote, I love the stitch and how fast it goes. I am still working on my first panel but it is coming out very nice I must say. Have a great day crocheting. :hook Hugs :hug

I would like to join too. :blush I'm sorta new 'round the ville but what girl doesn't want a new tote bag? And with 8 pockets.....woohoo! I'll be using peaches and cream faded denim and light blue. Sounds like I'm sorta late coming into this. Good thing the house is clean and I'm a fast stitcher huh? OOO I'm a happy hooker now. Gots me a new project!

I would like to join too. :blush I'm sorta new 'round the ville but what girl doesn't want a new tote bag? And with 8 pockets.....woohoo! I'll be using peaches and cream faded denim and light blue. Sounds like I'm sorta late coming into this. Good thing the house is clean and I'm a fast stitcher huh? OOO I'm a happy hooker now. Gots me a new project!

Welcome! Don't worry about being late...I don't think there's such a thing. I just started my bag this past week, and still only have a few rows done.

Just thinking about the reinforced bottom...

If you use plastic canvas, or a thick piece of cardboard, you could cover it with fabric on both sides, and just place it in the bottom of the bag when it is all finished to give extra support. I have several overnight bags that used this same concept, so it can be lifted to make the bag easier to fold up for storage. I might make mine this way, since it's for my mom, and she'll be using it for bingo.

Cocoa... I love the lining you picked. It goes PERFECTLY with your bag. It's going to be so pretty.

I still have to sew the button strap on, plus button, plus the strap. Almost done!

Welcome to the newcomers :)

I might make another one of these bags, in a smaller version.

I did something "different" with the lining on this one lol, I'll get a pic later today.

Archived