Eight-pocket Tote CAL

barbn77

I'm dying too make this and thought a CAL would be fun, it's a free pattern from Lion Brand, and a pretty simple pattern as well :)

Eight-Pocket Two Tone Carryall Tote

I'm making mine with Bernat Handicrafter, the main color will be Geranium (a bright pink) and the contrasting color will probably be white

th_sockapalooza.jpg

Looking forward too seeing all the color combos everyone can come up with:cheer:clap:hook

Participants/links too finished totes

----------------------------------

Barbn77 (pink/white)

Windyknollfarm (sage/rose ?)

RunningMommy (blue mint/rubine red)

losingmymind2 (periwinkle/sage/sunflower)

karin4christ (citrus/))

angelfire (?)

ldyer1 (blue/brown varigated/cream)

rlanto (natural/black) (rose pink/patio pinks)

hseger (?)

judiane (red/black)

MLLORF (?)

Aussie (periwinkle/purple)

Around74 (green/black)

bgnagy (cornflower/purple)

sewnsew (rosewood/ecru)

harmonise (?)

kazily (Jute/warm brown ombre)

econ-nerd (royal blue/black)

crazycrochet (?)

Redheart (buff/black)

slicer (?)

owlstitcher (?)

Cheeria (seaspray/purple)

Cocoa_Cream (cream/lt. blue)

tlisley (hot blue/summer splash)

bert (black/natural)

Debbie-a1 (real teal/warm brown)

laughlovehook (black/white)

crazycrochet (desert rising/beige)

salli (?)

clare (teal/brown)

knitwit47 (potpouri/?)

melibean223(?)

donnalynn2(summer splash/?)

LittleJadeFrog ( jeweltone/?)

Cinnaminn(ocean/?)

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that's really pretty. I have a few projects going, but I might just have to do this with you!! Looks like a great Christmas present for some of the women in my family (could even add a gift card in the pocket, or pretty soaps, etc, or even some of those new light up crochet hooks...ok...too much coffee this morning!!!) :) just looked at the colors- might do sage and rose! Carey

Wow, that's really pretty. I have a few projects going, but I might just have to do this with you!! Looks like a great Christmas present for some of the women in my family (could even add a gift card in the pocket, or pretty soaps, etc, or even some of those new light up crochet hooks...ok...too much coffee this morning!!!) :) just looked at the colors- might do sage and rose! Carey

Your colors sound really pretty :) Welcome:cheer

I just started working on this tote last week... so imagine my surprise seeing a CAL for it! I would love to join in, all I have done so far is the front panel. My main color is "Blue Mint" and my secondary is "Rubine Red" by Caron Simply Soft.

I just started working on this tote last week... so imagine my surprise seeing a CAL for it! I would love to join in, all I have done so far is the front panel. My main color is "Blue Mint" and my secondary is "Rubine Red" by Caron Simply Soft.

Welcome:cheer can't wait too see it, I was going too use Simply Soft Brites as well, maybe the next one LOL

I'm in! I actually bought the cotton for it the day I saw the pattern, but haven't started yet. I need to get going on them as soon as I remember where I put the yarn! Hopefully after my homework is done tonight.

I think I'm in for this one!! I haven't picked out colors yet, but I will probably stop at Joann's on my way to an ice cream social. I've been looking at totes to add on to the Electronics Cozy Gift Set that I'm making my WebGoddess friend (includes laptop sleeve, ipod cozy, and cellphone cozy). This looks like it would be fun and easy.

Alright, freshly back from JoAnn's. If I was patient, I would have just ordered it online, but I didn't. My JoAnn's didn't have the exact color I wanted, so I went with natural with black accents. When I thought about it, I think this is best choice for the person I'm making it for because she doesn't do colorful stuff too much, she's very standard.

So! I'll get started later!

I've got about 3 1/2 inches of the front done. I had to go down to the smaller size hook to get gauge, and the bag looks a bit open to me, like it's going to need lining. Anyone else think that, or are yours nice and tight?

I'll try and start mine by the end of this week...I have red cotton with black for contrast. I crochet tightly, so to AVOID having to even think of making a lining, maybe I'll even drop down a size with my hook - I'll see how it goes.

DH already thinks I've lost it with all my projects, so I think I may have to wait till he heads out of town next Sunday so I can play with the pattern in peace!:lol

DS (32 and a chiropractor) sees NOTHING wrong with my addiction. As he says, everyone has an addiction to something, and at least I have something good to show for it at the end!

That's my boy:D

Hi, Kathy, my friend and near-neighbor (TY for the tip on this CAL) and Hi to Bonnie (my 1st SP ever, last Spring, and now another good friend).

Judy, if you need to hide your WIPs here, just let me know, you can just run over to this side of town when you want to switch one out and work on it for a while.

Just tell hubby you're taking the doctors advice!

Judy, if you need to hide your WIPs here, just let me know, you can just run over to this side of town when you want to switch one out and work on it for a while.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Kathy - you're so clever -

Judy - think you could get ds to write me a prescription - thought he might, since this is a non-pharmaceutical therapy

Kathy - you're so clever -

Judy - think you could get ds to write me a prescription - thought he might, since this is a non-pharmaceutical therapy

She is clever!

I keep trying to tell DH this addiction is cheaper than others...and it's also better than taking Xanax...but I'm afraid I bring my touch of OCD to ANYTHiNG I get into:P and THAT'S what bothers him.

Oh, well...that's me!:hook

Archived