Eight-pocket Tote CAL

barbn77

Oh this is looking so tempting. I've had the link saved for a while to make. I even have enough cotton to make it. Plus I've been telling myself I need another bag to hold my WIPs. Hmm.. Oh I don't know I really should wait but I would love to make it.

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...and that's just one of the reasons we love you!!:D

Awwww shucks....:hug

Isn't it great being around other crochet/yarn addicts!?:yay:devil

:cheer Welcome hseger, judiane, MLLORF, Aussie, Around74, bgnagy, and sewnsew:clap

I started mine with a 5mm hook and it's pretty long, i'll have too double check the measurements again, and it was a little open, when I get home tonight i'm going too start over using a 4.5mm maybe even a 4mm too make it a little tighter :)

How's everyones progress so far??:hook

Ok - here's what I think I've decided - I really like this bag - and I'd like to make it for ds's teacher for Christmas. The problem is I have sooo many wips already going...

I sat down with a pencil and paper and figured out how much I need to do on each project to finish them on schedule (in time for birthdays, etc) and I think I can handle adding this bag to the list. I'll just work on this AFTER I've done the required rows/rounds on the other projects for that day. Make sense?

I may not be good at a lot of things - but I'm an expert rationalizer!! :lol

Now I gotta decide on colors and go get the yarn.

Ok - here's what I think I've decided - I really like this bag - and I'd like to make it for ds's teacher for Christmas. The problem is I have sooo many wips already going...

I sat down with a pencil and paper and figured out how much I need to do on each project to finish them on schedule (in time for birthdays, etc) and I think I can handle adding this bag to the list. I'll just work on this AFTER I've done the required rows/rounds on the other projects for that day. Make sense?

I may not be good at a lot of things - but I'm an expert rationalizer!! :lol

Now I gotta decide on colors and go get the yarn.

Wow thats organized! I think this bag will crochet up pretty quickly too, and its not complicated so its a good pick up and go kind of project. Plus if you try not to make this a deadline bag (because it could always be an end of school gift too) then you can enjoy it more.

I was going to make one to make one, and then seeing how difficult it is and if it does crochet up quick I might make a few gifts for xmas too.

Alright I've been thinking of this all morning. I really like this tote and I've been wanting to make it. I'm going to join in here but I can't start it till the travelghan I've been working on is finished. This will be my little treat for finishing it. I'm afraid that if I don't join the bag will never get made.So hopefully by next week I can get started on this.

I was talking to a noncrochet friend yesterday about purse linings. I had crocheted something tightly so I didn't need to line it. She said to me that she would be concerned about things catching on it so it should be lined regardless. The more I thought about it, the more I agreed. So I am lining all of mine for now, simply of course.

I was talking to a noncrochet friend yesterday about purse linings. I had crocheted something tightly so I didn't need to line it. She said to me that she would be concerned about things catching on it so it should be lined regardless. The more I thought about it, the more I agreed. So I am lining all of mine for now, simply of course.

I didn't think of that.

Hmmm... I have some really pretty fabrics from my Spring SP...just might make for an interesting lining!:think

hmmm, I have lots of different colors left from my PnC afghan...wonder how it would look in a rainbow of colors? or the leftovers from my Sinfonia baby afghan? with those two done, i've been wondering what will be next. I like this as it's a smallish take-along project, not like the other two! This looks very promising :clap

I've crocheted bags in the past that I didn't line - and wished I had, since I did use them for purses. I made one from cotton yarn for a friend that I lined without even thinking twice about it.

It's easy, though, Donna, so if you do want to do it, along with myself, there are probably dozens of others here who would be able to help.

Oh I just saw this CAL & I love that bag so I am in! I'm crazy about pockets in bags & that really stood out at me, with 8 of them! I will need a few days to get the yarn, I'll think about the colors in the meantime & hopefully can start on it this week.

I've lined many bags & will probably line this one as well, maybe a couple of pockets inside as well. I told you I'm crazy about pockets. :lol

I'm here (as I know others will be) to help anyone in lining theirs. After you do your first lining, you'll be surprised how simple it was to do. And I am only a basic seamstress.

I have lined a couple of bags and it does give the piece a very nice, finished look...however my sewing machine is in the attic (hopefully not corroding in the changes in weather) due to space constraints so the one's i've done were hand sewn, sigh, this would be quite a lining to hand sew at 12x16x3!!

As much as I hate to think about lining this bag (I don't sew) I know I want it to be lined - I'm also thinking of putting a flexible plastic piece in the bottom to give it some support and definition. Gotta do the crochet part first - so I'll worry about the finishing later.

Got my yarn today - Sugar'n Cream in Cornflower for main color and Lion Cotton Purple for contrast - pretty similar to the colors in the pattern sample.

I was just thinking about lining this myself, it probably would be better too line it, i'll see when it's all done :)

i'm going to try a 4mm hook and see how that goes, if it's too tight i'll move up too a 4.5mm. the 5mm was making it to open for my liking!! at least I only had about 5 rows done, so it's not so bad ripping it out

I am using Lion Brand Cotton Ease for this with the main color being the green and the straps being the black. I have the front panel done, both straps, the gussett and the 2 smaller pockets. Still have the front and 2 big pockets and then all the sewing. I am hoping that I will be able to get back to this one later this week or next (all depending on how my hand is healing).

I am using Lion Brand Cotton Ease for this with the main color being the green and the straps being the black. I have the front panel done, both straps, the gussett and the 2 smaller pockets. Still have the front and 2 big pockets and then all the sewing. I am hoping that I will be able to get back to this one later this week or next (all depending on how my hand is healing).

Go Miranda, you might be the first one done!!:cheer:yay

Archived