Eight-pocket Tote CAL

barbn77

I have decided colors & I am going to start on it tonight or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow morning because dh has one day surgery & this will keep me busy while I wait.

My colors are Red Heart SS Cafe' & Red Heart Sandy Print.

I might use Sandy print for the pockets, I can't decide if I want the pockets to be the same color to the main bag or different. What do you think?

Here's a pic of the yarn (I think the green speck is just lint or something lol)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/kazily/toteyarn.jpg

The closest JoAnns to me is 45 min & I can't get there soon, which is why I'm using SS. We do have a HL with Sugar & Cream, so maybe my next one can be used with that if I'm not happy with SS.

Very pretty colors, using the sandy print for the pockets would be really nice I think:hook

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow Kazily I love your colors especialy the Sandy Print it has a nice gleam to it. At the moment one of my WIP is a ripple bag which I am using RHSS yarn and it is coming out beautiful. I was going to try the sugar and cream yarn which I also like but I wanted to try something special since this is a for me bag. LOL Have fun with the colors. Sending blessings and healing for your DH surgery. Hugs :hug:manyheart

Barb, didn't see my name up on the list yet...but maybe I'm being impatient...I sure want to start on this project! But I keep telling myself I have to finish this crazy sewing project first....so hard to wait! :P

Barb, didn't see my name up on the list yet...but maybe I'm being impatient...I sure want to start on this project! But I keep telling myself I have to finish this crazy sewing project first....so hard to wait! :P

Thanks, your on there now!! do you have colors picked out yet?:yay

Oh doggone it! I'm in... I'm going to need 3 of these...:eek The colors for the first one will be (Cotton Tots) Blue Berry and Little Boy Blue.

They are for my 2 best friends and my SIL (hers is the first as a diaper bag.)

I'm in big trouble...:lol

Oh doggone it! I'm in... I'm going to need 3 of these...:eek The colors for the first one will be (Cotton Tots) Blue Berry and Little Boy Blue.

They are for my 2 best friends and my SIL (hers is the first as a diaper bag.)

I'm in big trouble...:lol

Welcome!! I thought this would make a great diaper bag as soon as I seen it!! too bad with my girls we don't use the diaper bag as often anymore, but i'm making mine for myself:yay

I want to join.love the purse. I'll do it in black and natural after I finish a doily for a friend. Bert

tried the black and natural and did not like it.:( went with original colors I thought it turned out nice and will make a great take along bag for projects. I don't have the equipment to take a pict. and show it. I thought I was bad with all the WIP's but after reading the posts I see I'm not alone.:clap Love to read what you all are doing. Bert

Im making this as a christmas present to myself. If I find it easy enough I might make another one for a gift.

Has everyone started yet or are you all still getting your yarn.

I'm going yarn shopping on Friday and hope to get started on the weekend. The plan is to make one for me (royal blue and black) and if it is quick and easy for me to do I'll make my Mom one for Christmas (green and black) and maybe even one for my sister (colors undecided but likely blue and black or red and black)

I think this would be a fun project. I totally need a new bag. I'll have to look at work and see what colors I have, it will probably be done in simply soft, as I have lots of that on hand.

Welcome, can't wait too see what colors you choose, I almost did mine with the Simply Soft Brites, maybe next one!!

This tote is on my to work on list today. I am hoping to get the front piece done so that I can get the bag part put together and post a pic.

Happy crocheting!:hook

Can't wait too see pics, your quick LOL I work on mine off and on and am at 8 1/2 in. on the front piece :yay

Put me on the list. Monday night I worked on my Granny Style Shawl and decided I needed a decent WIP tote... So Tuesday morning was a free day from work (I got it off) and finished my shawl (told myself I had to before starting anything) and went shopping for yarn and we don't have much choice but I decided on Red Heart SS WW. I'm gonig to line it and have made other purses so I know this yarn will work fine.

I chose Real Teal (that's the official name:lol ) and Warm Brown for the handles. The Teal is actually a brighter green then in the photo. I like it. I haven't used it for any projects (not sure why) and so that's one reason why I decided on it. I had the brown in my stash.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i67/Debbi-a1/?action=view&current=bagcolors08-15.jpg

Since I had a free day I just sat and crocheted. Of course. :yes Made the front and back and this morning finished up the gusset. I guess I could sew it together.

Oh I love the idea of it being a diaper bag. My friend is having twins and this would be big enough for her! Thanks for the idea. I'll decide on colors later for that... maybe a baby verigated.

Debbi

I picked up some Sugar & Cream 14oz for only $2.00 yesterday. Unfortunately they only had white (maybe I can dye it). So mine will be mainly White, but still have to decide what other color to use.

Sending blessings and healing for your DH surgery. Hugs :hug:manyheart

Thanks Cheeria. Surgery was fast & went well. I still managed to get about 10 rows into the bag while waiting. Yippee! I had to drop to a G hook like a couple of others mentioned though. It was too loosey goosey otherwise lol Just didn't have body. Very nice with a G & the SS.

I really like everyone's color choices! Makes me wish I could do several bags in different colors at the same time :hook

anyone have a rough guess on the amounts needed for each piece? thinking of using up multi colors of PnC or Sinfonia but want to make sure i have enough of a color to finish a whole piece...my colors are somewhere between 3-5 oz each.

I printed this up Monday and didn't get online yesterday to check the measurements and mine is going to be big. (I didn't put the measurements on the paper I printed out:blush , I did have the guage, but that was it). I have it at about 18" across for the front & back. It's only 2 inches larger, so not bad. And I like the size. And then I decided it was closer to 12" high, with my stitches.

I used almost 1 skien of RH for the front & back (7 oz). I might have enough left from that for one side pocket, not sure. Front & back use a lot of yarn, obviously. The gusset I did, didn't take much yarn.

I would like to know the amount for the various pieces too as that would be great to use up left over yarn and maybe in different colors for the cotton as I am thinking it would be so nice in cotton.

Debbi

Since this will be for me, a WIP tote -- I thinking of doing "crayon colors" a different one for each section with black accents. Am a little afraid my granddaughter will want it though if I do that. Also would like to make two for Christmas gifts (one person has very tailored taste and the other loves pastels). Thought a nylon cord would work up nice too; kind of like the "Sak" brand purses.

Waiting for pictures of what you've been doing!

Traci howdy doody. Great colors, wow 3 your going to be busy.

Hidey-ho neighbor! Yep, I'll be busy... but how can you resist? It's a great bag... every woman should have one! :c9

Welcome!! I thought this would make a great diaper bag as soon as I seen it!! too bad with my girls we don't use the diaper bag as often anymore, but i'm making mine for myself:yay

It does look like a fantastic diaper bag... if it works up easily enough I can see it being a regular addition to my gift giving list! :yes

do you have colors picked out yet?:yay

Yup...sorry I forgot to repost them! I'm using Lily cotton in natural/cream and some recycled cotton in a light blue color. I just started tonight....three rows in and counting! You can check my blog for a pic--if you're really bored, that is! :)

Archived