Eight-pocket Tote CAL

barbn77

I'll put up a picture as soon as I'm done. It is big enough for a project bag. I am giving my first one as a laptop bag and second one as a project bag for my SP. Should be good!!

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply
here's the yarn that i am using with black as the CC

please excuse the messy hair and no makeup look:lol just got out of the shower

check out the size of this baby !!!!! 500gms to be exact

oh and do you think i have a thing for this colour at the moment ?? check out the nail colour :blush i didnt realise until i posted this picture :D

IMG_1974.jpg

Wow that sure is a big ball of yarn. LOL Is it cotton?? I would love a big ball of yarn like that. Have fun using it. LOL :hook

I had to change my colors for the first bag as I couldn't find the colors I wanted in Cotton Tots locally. I detest paying shipping so I try to avoid it whenever possible! LOL! The new colors for my first bag are S & C Hot blue and CC is Summer Splash. I'm finally starting it today!

I think I might try to make one of these pretty soon. I like the pattern, but I don't know what colors I'm going to make it in yet. Will have to look and see if I have anything in my stash.

Hi everyone! Is there room for one more??? I fell in love with this bad when I saw it and decided it would make a great birthday gift for my best friend. Esp since I'm off work for a few weeks with a very bad back and am on bed rest most of the time, about all I can do is watch tv, read and crochet!

I'm making this with Sugar N Creme in a green/blue/yellow varigated color I got in the cotton swap! Since there are only 12 oz in this ball and the pattern calls for like 20 of the main color I'll either buy a couple smaller skeins to finish it or I was thinking of doing the pockets in solid greeen, solid blue and solid yellow. What do ya think???

BTW, I just started it the other day and have made pretty good progress on the first part but I will say this pattern is very slow going (at least for me). One of my least fave stitch patterns is the SC, DC series but it does make for a pretty looking item.

Thanks for starting this CAL! Since I'm only able to get up and about for 20 mins at a time and only a few times a day I may not post a whole lot but your encouagement will help a great deal!!!

Woo-hoo! I've got front, back, gusset, and both large pockets finished! I think I'm going to start on the straps next simply because I'm tired of crocheting just one color...I can't wait to see what the blue is going to look like alongside the cream! I will post pics of the pieces soon...when I get some time to set up the camera.

Oh no, Donnalynn! I hope you feel better soon. Unless the doctor has ordered you not to move, try not to stay in one position too long. That's when my back freezes and spasms even worse than usual.

The different colors for the pockets sounds good, I was actually thinking of trying that myself.

Hi everyone! Is there room for one more??? I fell in love with this bad when I saw it and decided it would make a great birthday gift for my best friend. Esp since I'm off work for a few weeks with a very bad back and am on bed rest most of the time, about all I can do is watch tv, read and crochet!

I'm making this with Sugar N Creme in a green/blue/yellow varigated color I got in the cotton swap! Since there are only 12 oz in this ball and the pattern calls for like 20 of the main color I'll either buy a couple smaller skeins to finish it or I was thinking of doing the pockets in solid greeen, solid blue and solid yellow. What do ya think???

BTW, I just started it the other day and have made pretty good progress on the first part but I will say this pattern is very slow going (at least for me). One of my least fave stitch patterns is the SC, DC series but it does make for a pretty looking item.

Thanks for starting this CAL! Since I'm only able to get up and about for 20 mins at a time and only a few times a day I may not post a whole lot but your encouagement will help a great deal!!!

I hope your feeling better soon!!

Okay...I finally got to post some photos on my blog, so if you want you can take a look at my progress! :) Notice how much smaller my cone of cotton has become since I started!? I've never used one of these before...inherited it from my husband's gran when she passed away...but seeing the amount of yarn get smaller and smaller is fun! It gives me a real sense of accomplishment!

Kazily was it the yarn that was making it loose or the hook size.

A couple of you have mentioned that you are making it smaller, does this mean you have to make the pockets etc smaller too.

I am probably making the pockets at 5" instead of 6" called for.

I have done one side & one large pocket so far. I stayed up last night to catch up to where I was lol

Mine is coming along nicely. The back and front plus the two big pocket panels are done and about 6 inches on the gusset. I'll need to find some fabric and plastic canvas soon! I'll try to get a picture of my collection of rectangles in here tomorrow :hook

Cocoa, your bag is coming out beautifully :) I like the natural & blue colors together!

I took pics of how mine is coming, it's on my blog.

That looks great!

Okay...I finally got to post some photos on my blog, so if you want you can take a look at my progress! :) Notice how much smaller my cone of cotton has become since I started!? I've never used one of these before...inherited it from my husband's gran when she passed away...but seeing the amount of yarn get smaller and smaller is fun! It gives me a real sense of accomplishment!

You have really pretty colors going here, too!:yay

Cocoa, your bag is really looking good! I left off the side pockets as well on mine, because I really don't think they'll be used. Not to mention, I was really really tired of crocheting with the natural yarn!

I've got one and about 1/4 straps done. So, I should be done by the end of the shift tonight with the whole thing! I've brought everything I need to put it all together to work with me. **crosses fingers**

The pics of the bags in progress are looking wonderful.

I am putting my tote together. I left off the back pockets so mine will only have 5, which are more than enough. I am also not lining mine. I ended up using a G hook and am not seeing where anything will fall out. I have the gussett attached to the back side, and the strap and front pockets attached. I am hoping to finish this one up tomorrow and then post pics.

Keep up the great work ladies. Can't wait to see all the finished totes.

Wow everyone is going so well with theirs. I cant wait to start mine.

Any day, my friend...any day the yarn will be in your hands:hug

i'm getting excited to actually start hooking this!! i think i've decided on the recycled blue and green sweaters for my yarn....the first one i'll do is with green as the main color and might make the pockets blue then reverse it for another one....i'll have to see how it works up tho because the yarn is definitely NOT WW. i might have to double it up and only get one bag out of it....although the green sweater had a little over 26oz of yarn and the blue almost 30oz....we'll see. seaming my dd's dress for the next day or so then on to the bag!!:yay

Archived