Eight-pocket Tote CAL

barbn77

:yay Wow sure was a lot of posting going on today in this CAL. Hugs and Hello to everyone this sunny and hot afternoon in New Jersey. :c9 I have 4 1/2 inches more to go on my first panel, then I can start on my second panel. LittleJadeFrog I love your finish bag the colors you use are beautiful. Kathy I am also doing mines in seaspray by Lion brand Cotton. Clare now I want to crochet a hook case to go with my tote bag. Cheryl thanks for the sites for the hook cases and also for the look inside the book "The Hooked Bags" book, now that book is on my to get list. LOL :devil Once again hi Judy , now we have hot weather again in New Jersey.

Hugs and Blessings to you all. :hug

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheerie...you are so cheery:D ...I want Fall weather back:(

Sounds like you're zipping along...You'll have it done in no time!:cheer

I love to see and hear all the different color choices. Thank you all for your compliments....I actually frogged a WIP for this project!

Sewnsew - What color is that...I really like the colors. I have collected quite the collection of verigated yarns (something I never had before) I really like it!

I love it! The colors look amazing!

What pattern did you use for the hook case? I should really make one of those some day.

I used the case here...

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/lffunt/alhookcase.htm

I made it longer cuz for some reason it was too short for my needles and I added two more "pockets."

I'm headed to Joanns soon to get the yarn I need to finish this tote! YAY!! I hate having to stop and go get yarn!! LOL, Wait, maybe I don't???

I've started my second bag. The yarn I purchased is a bit thin, but I think I like it this way. I'm using a D hook to make sure it's tight enough. it should be good!!!!

Cheeria can you send some sunshine here. It's been hot, but I haven't seen the sun yet today!

By the way, I haven't worked on my tote in days, but will probably pick it up this weekend sometime.

Stephanie (LittleJadeFrog), your bag looks good. :) I am wondering if your bag (or the handles) will be okay when you use it though - from looking at your pics of your bag, it looks like the way you did your handles for it may stretch more than you want or the bag itself might be stretched out (part of the bag may stretch up with the rest going down) depending on what you put in the tote?

Cheeria, when you're ready to buy the book (or any book), you might want to check out Campusi.com first to try to find it at the best (lowest) price.

HTH! :hook

Add me to the list! I'm using RHSS in Buff for the MC and RHSS in a sage color for the accent (the label is missing so I don't know the exact color). I'm using yarn I have on hand because my DH has put me on the yarn wagon for the month.:lol I'm making it for my grandmother-in-law for Christmas.

Stephanie (LittleJadeFrog), your bag looks good. :) I am wondering if your bag (or the handles) will be okay when you use it though - from looking at your pics of your bag, it looks like the way you did your handles for it may stretch more than you want or the bag itself might be stretched out (part of the bag may stretch up with the rest going down) depending on what you put in the tote?

I only plan to put a skein or balls of yarn and a small WIP. I don't plan on using it much...just when I take my WIP somewhere...I don't get out much though. :( I do wish I could do some crocheting at work!:hook

I am planning on finishing mine up in the morning. Put me down for a 2nd one. I was at Joanns tonight and picked up some of the Vannas choice yarn in scarlet and will trim it in black. I really do like this pattern and how quickly it works up.

I finished both front and back today and I plan on starting on the gusset tomorrow. I have family visiting so I may not get much done tomorrow but I will at least get the gusset done. Sunday I can't crochet it is fantasy football draft day with the family. My team is called "Wicked Stepmother" , my daughter is "Cinderella and the three mice" and hubby is "Old Man" , it is run by my stepson and includes his mom, brother, uncle and his wife along with my hubby, daughter and me :devil What I can't do tomorrow I willtry to work on Tuesday after my family returns home.

:hi everyone

i have the bag sewn together (front and back panel gusset and front pocket) i am just about to sew up the lininng and then sew it into the bag ....i am nearly finished :woo well nearly i still have the handles to go :(

I have the front, back, gusset, 2 side pockets, 1 front pocket, 1 strap and the flap done. I am working on the 2nd strap. I am making it a 5 pocket tote. Is everyone lining theirs? I have never made anything lined before, and do not sew. Any suggestions would help. Thanks. :hook

JoAnn...are your stitches tight?? Depends whata you will use it for. If for WIPs, you can get by without lining it, if not, even if you know how to hem a pair of pants, you can do a lining...trust me:lol

Yes, my stitches are very tight. I had to come down to an size F hook to meet the gauge. I am not sure what I am using it for. I just really liked the pattern. DH keeps hinting that it would make a great knitting carryall for him, so he might get it.:hook

So I'm almost done sewing all the various pieces of this tote together and...ugh! Is anyone else finding this to be the most tedious and annoying part of the whole project? I enjoyed crocheting it so much...but sewing through three layers of crocheted material is a whole other story! I'm really close to the end, though, so I shouldn't complain. Just one side of one strap left, and then I'll be able to make the lining. I just wondered if anyone else was "enjoying" this part as much as I have!:irk

Sewing this baby together is on my list of things to do this evening :yes I have been putting it off for a few days now. I still don't have my fabric or button yet but should really get on the sewing (crocheting) together part... :blush I'll keep you posted

I've finished 1 1/2 sides of my second one. It's turning out nicely and I'm working it pretty tightly so I won't have to line it. I plan to give it as a WIP bag.

:cheer Yay for me! I finally got this bag put together!

I've also reinforced the bottom and two main panels with plastic canvas. It stands up just like I had hoped! If you want to see how I did it, I created a tutorial (kind of) on my blog. I didn't really know what I was doing since I've never done this before...but I am happy with how it turned out, so I thought I'd share it with those of you who are just as clueless as I am! :lol

Way to go :yay for everyone who is finishing up also! And keep up the good work for those who are just starting! Crocheting this goes so quickly...you'll be done in no time!

By the way, here's what it looked like before I put in the plastic canvas...with a few added items to give it some shape! :)

th_toteWOlining.jpg

Ordered my thread for tote but changed my colors to black and (salt and pepper.) looked so pretty thought i would try it. hope the thread comes soon as i'm ready. bert:lol :clap

Archived