barbn77

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

introducing the

3 pocket wooden handle tote !

i used a stiff washable cardboard in the gusset so that it would stand up

and these are the handles that i got from the show :cheer

here is the website for the handles http://www.quilterscabin.biz/default.php?cPath=87

IMG_1984.jpgIMG_1987.jpgIMG_1988.jpgIMG_1989.jpgIMG_1990.jpgIMG_1999.jpg

Nice totes Cocoa and Clare! And nice tutorial Cocoa. I look forward to the seamstress installment :yes

My tote is closer to done. I crocheted the bag together last night and managed to poke myself many times with the pins I used to hold everything together :sigh Oh well. This morning (or evening) I still need to sew on the side pockets and the straps (I think that should go quicker). And I found some sheets of plastic canvas at a yarn sale yesterday for twenty five cents :manyheart so I will put some in the bottom of the bag for support. I may put some up the sides of the gusset (or the whole bag) - I'll decide once the straps are on and I try it out. I plan to use it to carry my notes and stuff to classes so the support on the bottom will be needed. I'm also still deciding about the lining (since I don't have the fabric yet) :blush Anyway, some more coffee and reading here and then I'll get some sewing done. I'll post pictures later today :)

Clare your bag is amazing. :clap:cheer I love the handles that you have put on your bag. Was it hard to attach the handles.

the handles were pretty easy to attach ....i just needed to make 2 strips of crochet to attact the handles to the bag ...i just slipped the strips through the handles (the handles have slits in them ) and sewn them :)

Love your bag Clare. It looks amazing.

I've been working on mine slowly; I've gotten distracted by trying to finish a lapghan for my grandmother in law whose birthday is next week. We weren't told that we were expected to be there until just a few days ago. I lost most of Friday night to any crocheting because I was having some problems, but I'm back and ready to work now.

I just started working on this tote for a swap that I am in. My partner likes lots of pockets and is younger then me and black and white. I thought this is a great bag for her. So its going to be all black with white trim. I also plan on lining it and using plastic canvas to help stiffen it up a bit. Thanks for the tut on using plastic canvas.

Hello, everyone! I am almost finished with my bag! I changed the CC to RHSS Painted Desert. I was wondering if someone could post tips on how to line the tote. I've never done that before and I'm not sure how to go about it!

This worked up so fast and easily that I think I'm going to try to make one for each of the women in my family for Christmas.

Hi. I love this tote too. I saw when i did went to NY, last month. And copy the pattern. This will be my first CAL. I am so excited!!!:cheer I don't know yet which color i will use. I have to finish some projects first, but i really want to join and have fun with you.

Can i use a ww yarn?

Linda

I was wondering if someone could post tips on how to line the tote. I've never done that before and I'm not sure how to go about it!

If you want to line your tote with material (fabric), try this link that shows how to line a purse:

http://www.crochetstyleetc.com/liningapurse.htm

Here is another link for how to line a bag/purse:

http://webpages.charter.net/langkilde/linebag.html

HTH! :hook

Hi. I love this tote too. I saw when i did went to NY, last month. And copy the pattern. This will be my first CAL. I am so excited!!!:cheer I don't know yet which color i will use. I have to finish some projects first, but i really want to join and have fun with you.

Can i use a ww yarn?

Linda

I don't know what everyone else is using/doing but I'm using a RH WW yarn and am also using a matching crochet thread with the yarn so hopefully it won't be/get too stretchy. (Cotton yarn doesn't stretch the way acrylic yarn does.)

HTH!

Gorgeous Bags Clare and Cocoa!!!

I am working slowly on the second tote. I stopped for a bit because it was getting a bit monotonous and I'm workign on a sweater now. Sometimes I swear I have crocheting ADD!!!

It's great to see all the progress! I was going to make a tote for my pregnant friend. She decide on something else that I can make for her instead. I will follow this thread until I have some free time to make one for myself. :)

Archived