Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

Has anyone else ever done that? It wasn’t a stressed out dream, it was a fun dream. I can’t remember much of the details, but I do remember I had LOTS of pastel colored yarn!!! :c9

I have decided on the colors for my Van Gogh. I remembered yesterday that I had a little booklet called “Ripples for Baby” that had a pastel ripple in it. While I was looking for that, I found a picture of a Prairie Star in pastels that I had printed out from here on the ‘ville. The baby ripple went pink, peach, yellow, green and blue, with a row of white in between. The Prairie Star was purple, pink, yellow, green, blue, then some white, and the colors in the border.

So I decided to combine the two to use all of my pastel colors and here’s what I’m going to do for the color order:

th_YarnforVGC.jpg

(clickable)

I’m not sure if I will use the white. I might just put a white scallop border around it when it’s done. But I’m happy with the color order and I can’t wait to get started!

Thank you everyone for your help! :clap

Julie, I can’t believe you are done already! I can’t wait to see pictures tomorrow. :cheer

Athba, it sounds like you had a wonderful evening. It’s never too early to work on Christmas projects. I should be working on some myself. Of course, I’m still working on some I didn’t get finished for last Christmas! :eek I gave my brother a little box with some of each color of the yarn in the Chicago Bears afghan that I didn’t get finished in time. Sad to say, I haven’t worked on it since! :blush I have to get it done before this coming Christmas. I should sign up for the Miscellaneous Afghan CAL so I have some motivation to work on it.

I'm awfully chatty today, aren't I? We have a big job bidding this afternoon and I guess we're all a little revved up. If we get it, it will right on the main stretch of the new "hot" part of town, and our sign will be front and center. It's always exciting to be driving along and see our sign right out there with all of the "big boys"! :yay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooh Julie can't wait to see your photos! :yay Speaking of Christmas, I was testing my piece (of course it'll be squares :lol) in the wee hours when I couldn't sleep. I go get the yarn today but I wanted to see how many rounds it would take with an "N" hook which would determine how many colors I could use. Happy accident I think I came up with another Christmas ghan in the experiment :hook Amazing where inspiration comes from sometimes :lol

Have a happy day everyone :manyheart

Julie, have fun playing with Cam today!

I did several more rounds on my giant granny last night. In only 2 nights of working on it, I have 21 rounds done, which considering I'm doing 2 strands together with a size N hook is a lot! I'm not sure how big it is right now, but it's around 30 inches already, and I'm planning to do at least 12 more rounds (although I may cut that back, depending on how big it continues to grow).

I'm now on the portion where I'm using Water Lily (pastel variegated) and Robin Egg together. I am going to have to buy more Robin Egg, though, so I guess I'll need to make another trip to Hobby Lobby this weekend.

Julie, It's beautiful! I love it! It turned out great. :cheer Are you going to make another one? :devil

I saw these rugs in the L.L. Bean catalog and they reminded me of this CAL. Aren't they pretty? They are Chenille Braided Rugs, but I'm sure they could be converted to crochet.

th_05-10-2007.jpg

(clickable)

I've never worked with Chenille before, I wonder how it would hold up as a rug? It would be very soft though!

I'm babbling - I'm nervous about our job bid! 35 minutes to go! Our Project Manager has taken our bid to the bid opening meeting and now there's nothing to do but wait. It's so nerve wracking! :sweat

That's great Julie! I'll have to do a round ripple some day.

Glenda- good luck on your bid. those rugs are pretty. I haven't worked with chenille either but just got a bunch of it today for .69 a skein so i've got to find something to do with it soon. :)

GT- THAT WAY MY PRAIRIE STAR!!!! :rofl And the reason the blue was on the outside points was because I didn't have any purple! LOL!

I LOVE that ripple - starting to look SO gorgeous! When you ladies use the pastels, it reminds me of rainbow sherbet! :D

My original plan is just not going to work so I will do some stash searching to see if I can find something that will work with this.

I'll post a pic of what I had/have done on the purple/mauve/white but it just...

GT- THAT WAY MY PRAIRIE STAR!!!! :rofl And the reason the blue was on the outside points was because I didn't have any purple! LOL!

Krystal - that is so funny! I printed the picture because I loved the colors and thought some day I might be brave enough to attempt the pattern, but I forgot to print the posting that went with it, so I had no idea who had made it! :lol

We didn't get the job! :( Oh well, the excitement is over for today and now I'm really tired and ready to go home, but there's still other work to be done. :yuck I just want to go home and crochet! :hook

I've got 6 of 9 squares done on my Mom's afghan. I'm gonna do one more square than I'll run out of yarn for it so I'll finish up the bedspread.

Hi Guys

I'm using my 12 seconds spare time to post my photo today- one day early :) !

th_100_2969.jpg

:cheer So,so Pretty,,Love the trim you did,,,is it hard??? How wide???

Thanks for the comments guys. I am beat tonite so won't post much. It's about 2 hours past my bedtime. I am usually sawing logs by 8, but Survivor was on tonite and I needed to chew my husbands ear off about some family baloney, so he just now opted out and went to bed ( the poor man, it's the only peace he gets is when he is asleep ) :lol

He'll miss me when I'm gone though. He'll have to get a talking parrot or something because the QUIET will drive him insane .

As for the question about the trim on my ripple- the whole idea I had in my head was to make it look like a big flower, which it doesn't really , and to add that kinda choppy edgiing to make it look like leaves.

I just used a round of the box stitch which is online -- it is sk 2, sc in next chain, chain 3 and 3 dc all in that stitch -- repeat all around .

Hope there aint mistakes in this tonite. I'm so tired I can't see straight .

Spelling mistake --oh well .

I saw these rugs in the L.L. Bean catalog and they reminded me of this CAL. Aren't they pretty? They are Chenille Braided Rugs, but I'm sure they could be converted to crochet.

th_05-10-2007.jpg

(clickable)

I've never worked with Chenille before, I wonder how it would hold up as a rug? It would be very soft though!

These rugs look great. Is there a pattern for these in crochet do you know. Also sorry you didnt get the job.

hello ladeis

it`s photo friday :clap

julie thats magnificent :clap i love it it`s really looks as a flower :manyheart

you should start another project for you :cheer

i`m gonna add somw rows cause i didn`t work on it the last couple of days i was busy so i want it to be worth the photo :cheer

happy crocheting:hook

Archived