Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

It might look the same not turning. I hadn't tried it that way I just thought it'd be easier and look the same on both sides if I turned lol.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok here is the bedspread I finished last night. It's on my DD's bed just to show the size. I'm hoping it will fit a little bigger on my MIL's bed since it's a hospital type bed and has a footboard and all.

th_crochet109.jpgclickable.

Now this is the green so far. I have 7 of the 9 squares done just ran out of my middle color.

Oops hit the post button my accident before getting the pic in here hahaha anyway Here it is.

th_crochet114.jpg

clickable.

I tried switching up the colors trying to help in not using the dark up real fast. In the bedspread the yellow just barely used up half a skein of each and the purple I went through 4 skeins lol.

-------------

Heather, they're both gorgeous (I especially love the green one), but looking at them, I suddenly feel very sleepy... :spin

donna , juddianne , heather

all of yours are sooooooooooo beautiful :clap:yay

heather : how many yarns and time took you the finished one??

i`de love to make one :manyheart

Heather- WOW!!! :eek That is beautiful! I LOVE that green one! So awesome! I would have never thought to invert the colors like that, but it looks SO good! I will definitely keep that idea in mind for a quick afghan that is absolutely stunning!

The round ripple is looking great!

:blush Who me? start something:think ? :heehee

Athba- I finished the yellow one with 16 skeins and the green one so far looks like it will only be 7 skeins since I flipped the colors on some blocks and it's only 3 colors instead of 4 like the yellow one.

It does kind of hypnotise doesn't it :lol . Maybe that's why DH didn't want a bright colored one. :think Afraid I might hypnotise him into yarn shopping with me.:eek:lol

Heather you've started something with your stunning blankets. My oldest is in love with your green one. She wants to know what colors you used so I can make her one too :lol Mind you we are in the south and she doesn't need the blankets she has much less more. Those are both beautiful.

Ok here is the bedspread I finished last night. It's on my DD's bed just to show the size. I'm hoping it will fit a little bigger on my MIL's bed since it's a hospital type bed and has a footboard and all.

th_crochet109.jpgclickable.

Now this is the green so far. I have 7 of the 9 squares done just ran out of my middle color.

Oops hit the post button my accident before getting the pic in here hahaha anyway Here it is.

th_crochet114.jpg

clickable.

I tried switching up the colors trying to help in not using the dark up real fast. In the bedspread the yellow just barely used up half a skein of each and the purple I went through 4 skeins lol.

Heather that is absolutely beautiful. Im in awe looking at them. The green how you switched the squares has an amazing effect.:clap:cheer

th_HPIM0165.jpg

The light color is yellow, and after the center of yellow I added aqua...it's 32 inches across now...

How big SHOULD it be? :think

Hi Judy. your ripple is gorgeous. :clap:cheer I love the colors you have used. You can make it as big as you want. Not sure there is a specific size for baby ghans.

Heather~Both ghans are stunning, love the color blends. :clap

Judy~Your RR blend is coming along beautifully. Great work. :cheer

Julie~Listen I love ya & all but I have to draw the line somewhere. :yes We do not season our burgers with human dust here. :yuck:kick Thanks anyways, i'm honored that you thought of me. :rofl :rofl

Shoot, Tabby

I thought it'd be such a nice sentimental thing to do, so everytime you step out in your yard, you'd remember me .

***(Kinda like if you had a big dog that left little "presents" in your yard and you occasionally stepped in them . ):D

***(Kinda like if you had a big dog that left little "presents" in your yard and you occasionally stepped in them . ):D

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Don't you think your Hubby would want to keep them in a jar?? He could glue your picture on it & FINALLY get a word in. :devil

:rofl :rofl

Wow! Everyone has been busy!

Judy - it is looking wonderful!

Heather - great job on the finished blanket - very bright and cheery! The green one is turning out awesome! I do believe I know what I am doing for the kidlets afghans for Christmas now - thanks!!!

CJ...get a big hook in wood - some aren't that expensive and they're lots easier to use. My N hook is wood.

Thanks ladies, for all your sweet comments and encouragement on my baby rr... I'll probably keep going for a few more rows and see how it looks. It's a Project Linus blankie...

Bigger hook, I can do that! I have some made of some type of hard plastic, but I hate how they feel. Do they make bigger ones in aluminum?

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog_old.jsp?CATID=25023&PRODID=40795&AID=10273743&PID=233027

Joanne's seems to have an N hook... whatever that is I can't see a real number on it.. well I only consider MM's to be real numbers

Archived