Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

Thanks, Cara...I have NO idea how it all came together. I'm color-challenged most of the time, so it was an accident:lol

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now Tabby- no name-calling this early in the morning ! :lol

Cara- somehow I doubt you look quite THAT bad in the mornings. :lol

Wendy- I may just see what I can do to get this next one organized . Let me get the links all together and get it organized. I already know what it'll be called but want to hunt up a bunch of links for the beginning post .

I'm gonna have to write myself out a schedule of hours of what item to work on when. I am gonna get myself in over my head here again( as if I'm not already ) :hook:lol

I'm gonna have to write myself out a schedule of hours of what item to work on when. I am gonna get myself in over my head here again( as if I'm not already ) :hook:lol

:rofl :rofl :rofl I had that same thought last night as I was going to sleep :rofl

Anyone up to try this as a round ripple in this technique?:eek

http://www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/NosegayDoily.html

It would be huge of course but WoW!

I love a dare:devil ...hmmmmm...with odds and ends...??...I would love to make this as originally intended, too - a doily. Lots of possibilities here. I printed it out:hook

Missed ya, Darski!!

I love that doily though I don't know if I could do it in size 100 yarn or even if I could find a No. 15 hook but I might try it with a little bit bigger thread in this technique I'll have to think on that.

I almost finished my squares but just fell short on the last color so I have to put it back on hold till I get to Wal-mart again.

Wow, Darski, when you dream up a challenge, you do it up right. :bow I would probably do it as a doily, not too sure about doing it with yarn. At a guess it would be about 6' or a little more in diameter. Depending on hook size of course.:hug

I like the one I'm doing now. With a little luck I'll get two out of the 12 skeins of yarn if I do the color reversing like Heather.:tup

Thanks, Heather...it was a blast making it.

And Darski, I think I may make our graduated color pattern using thick thread instead of yarn and see where I end up with it. It's too pretty NOT to make and would be more portable that way.

Sounds like a trip to AC Moore is in order - I love their selection, and I don't have nearly enough thread...poor me:devil

Quick, Julie, rescue me!!:eek:help:juggle

Judy

You are one of those people that seem to keep so many things going at once and are so organized about it ! The more projects I get in mind, the more flustered and UN organized I get .

I sure do admire some of you for being able to keep so many things going and finish them ! :)

Julie, I'm more apt to finish something for someone else first! That's why my UFO pile has been growing!!

Don't know why I always put myself at the bottom of the list:think

Judy

There seems to be certain things that we all have in common, no matter where we live, how old we are, what religion, race or political beliefs we have -- we kinda ALL have the same tendencies , it seems.

1- We START way more things than we can finish all at once .

2- We never make anything to keep for ourselves. I have NOTHING that I have made in 36 years .

Hmmmm. you may have just given me a new brainstorm .:hook

Judy

There seems to be certain things that we all have in common, no matter where we live, how old we are, what religion, race or political beliefs we have -- we kinda ALL have the same tendencies , it seems.

1- We START way more things than we can finish all at once .

2- We never make anything to keep for ourselves. I have NOTHING that I have made in 36 years .

Hmmmm. you may have just given me a new brainstorm .:hook

:eek :eek :eek :eek

Judy

I like your little SURPRISE FACES !

You are now contributing to the delinquency of a senior . :grandma

Ditto...I have you by a few years, I think;) ...but who's counting??

The important thing is that we're having fun!:yay

Thanks Krystal,

But I just changed it for a couple days. I figured I might scare off some of the new people that I'm hoping to entice into the new CAL -- if they don't know me, but see that ugly mug, they may think they are dealing with some type of circus freak .

I'll let them get to know me a little, then put on some of my funny avatars again . I have been collecting quite a few . :D

Michele~Love the colors, would you mind sharing the names of them?? Thanks. I can't wait to see what they look like together. :cheer

dscf02942.jpg

From Left to right TLC Baby Lime, RH Soft Baby Koolaid print, RH Soft Baby Fizzy Print, and TLC Baby White. Finished the Round Ripple I was working on so I am one step closer to starting, only a couple of more days...I hope.

Between work and the BF I've not managed to finish. Bummer. BUT I will show what I have done (its almost there so no need to guess what the end will look like)

Here it is in light pink, rosey pink and red from light to dark and back to light........

DSC00329.jpg

I have one row to go and then its done! Well, except for weaving in the ends which I HATE doing!

Archived