Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

Hey Kimberly

I'm glad you could find some yarn to join us ! I can't speak for any of the other ladies here, but I'm not a picky yarn person that has to use expensive stuff. Any yarn is fine with me .

What colors did you end up selecting ?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning ladies :flower

Well, seeing Darski's swatch convinced me to go ahead with my original black, gray and white idea :D Thank you, Darski :hug I got about 9 rows done last night with an "N" hook. Goes real fast! But I can already tell I didn't get anywhere near enough yarn :lol But that's okay...gives me a reason to buy more :hook

Have a happy day everyone :manyheart

It does kind of hypnotise doesn't it :lol . Maybe that's why DH didn't want a bright colored one. :think Afraid I might hypnotise him into yarn shopping with me.:eek:lol

-----------

Hmmm, I don't see how that's a bad thing... :lol

Hey Kimberly

I'm glad you could find some yarn to join us ! I can't speak for any of the other ladies here, but I'm not a picky yarn person that has to use expensive stuff. Any yarn is fine with me .

What colors did you end up selecting ?

Trust me, I am FAR from a yarn snob.....I drool over acrylics when I'm in the US! BUt, let just say that RHSS is a far superior quality yarn than the stuff I am using .... I know folks who think using RHSS is the worst thing you could ever use.....little do they know! :lol

As for the colors....I do believe that I am going to be able to show you shortly! I always call myself the worlds slowest crochet because it takes me ages to finish something......but my hook has been flying on this today! I will say that I went with one "color family" but it is not green! =)

Oooh Kimberly

You have me curious now ! Can't wait to see what you have made .

Some of the yarns you are mentioning actually do make some pretty colors, though ,even if it's not RedHeart brand. There used to be a few stores in our area that had other brands of yarn and they had some real neat colors that RH doesn't have, so it was kinda neat to see different colors.

Hello Everyone!!

Kimberly~I can't wait to see what you came up with. :cheer

I now can spend some time finding colors for mine. I will try to get up there tonight or tomorrow when the kiddos are at school. I will probably have to use a hook smaller then N because my N hook is plastic, I do NOT like plastic hooks. :yuck I only use Boye hooks so unless I wait until I get to Walmart I will be using my J. Is anyone using smaller then a N?? If so how is it working out??

Tabby I used a J on the bedspread and K on the greens with caron ss. I personally like the J it seems tighter than the K IMO.

Sure Wendy be my guest :) I don't own it :D it's a good way to save on the yarn.

Kimberly that sounds interesting. Any yarn that you can find to use that isn't too expensive is always a hit with me :lol

I loaded up on chenille last Thursday got 40 skeins at .69 cents a skein :eek now to figure out what to make with it.:lol

Heather, what a great deal on the chenille yarn!! I immediately thought of a soft shawl...or baby ghan...

I gave in! I went to bed around midnight with 3 rows to go. I had to get up at 5 to catch a flight to Munich for a day meeting so I did not want to show up all blury eyed and needing an IV with coffee in it. I hope to get back to Brussels in time tonight to finish up the last 3 rows! I am really pleased with it so far though!

hello ladeis

ohh julie i`m so sorry

i was wearing a mask with weird cloths so jethro won`t catch me :lol

my hubby baught me a new cellphone and i`m finding deficulty in useing the pc suite program :think

i`ll try it in the morning

I'm finally caught up with the posts! Whew! I can see this is another CAL where it does not pay to skip a day.

Everyone's ghans are beautiful. :yay Heather, the green one is absolutely wonderful. If nothing else, I'll post a picture of my green yarn on Friday.

About 1 - 2 days left on Kim's quiltghan and then it should be done.

I have a crochet book, "Leisure Arts Presents AFGHANS on the double," which has several patterns that do the blending. Every afghan in the book is done with two strands. There are several that are on my Projects for the Future list. I will get to them some century.:devil

I'm going to get my sage that I ran out of tomorrow and then I can finish the last 2 squares of it. I started a round ripple last night but have set it aside for the square along maybe I'll sneak a few more rows in to have something for Friday on it.

Oooooo, this is fun. And it goes soooooo fast. Using the P hook with the Red Heart Super Saver is working out super well. It's nice and soft and poofy. almost done with 6 rows. I like this!!!!!! :devil:devil:devil

Morning ladies

Kimberly, it sounds like you were on a roll the other day and almost done with your project ! Hope you got more time to work on it after your trip . :)

Linda- yes, these projects are a breeze as far as speed, using the double strands and large hooks. They's be a good idea if you needed a last minute gift for a wedding or baby . The pattern book you got sounds like it's exactly the thing for this .

Heather- wow, you are almost ready to wrap up another one !

Athba- don't be scared. I put Jethro away for awhile . :lol

Julie - Oh dear, the years have not been kind to the Singing Nun have they :lol Must've been all that time she spent in the sun in bikinis when she was known as Gidget :D

Heather - I can't even get one to work out and you just whip these babies out! You're my hero :manyheart

Hey Cara

I think you are confusing the singing nun with the flying nun. That was Gidget --

the singing nun was the one who sang Dominique - or something like that. I think it was in a black and white movie or tv show- can't remember which .She played a guitar and sang .

I would rather be able to sing good than fly so I chose the singing nun .

( I can SING about as good as I can fly ) :lol:flying

Hey Cara

I think you are confusing the singing nun with the flying nun. That was Gidget --

the singing nun was the one who sang Dominique - or something like that. I think it was in a black and white movie or tv show- can't remember which .She played a guitar and sang .

I would rather be able to sing good than fly so I chose the singing nun .

( I can SING about as good as I can fly ) :lol:flying

Doh! :oops I swear the older I get the more blurry the mind gets :P

Ohhhh, I've been sooooo bad today. I was supposed to finish Kim's afghan today. I haven't done anything on it at all. But, I now have 10 rows of my green blended round ripple completed. Hehehe!!! :devil:devil:devil

Archived