Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

julie

yup it was so busy

i just waked up i slept for few hours cause i had headick and now i feel so much better to crochet :)

wendy

sweet dreams :sleep

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Renee

Yea, those double stranders with big hooks are a breeze, other than the fact that they seem harder on my hands . That big granny is a fast pattern too, so it helps if you do that one .

I don't blame you for grabbing those teals. I have eyed some of them myself - they are REALLY pretty .

Tell us what you decide to make with them when you figure it out .

Diane, your rug is very pretty! :hook

I haven't even started my Van Gogh yet, but I finally picked out my colors. I've been so busy with work and getting ready for my mom's 70th birthday on Saturday that I haven't had much crochet time this week, but here's what I'm planning to go with, starting with the white:

th_YarnforVGCCAL.jpg

(clickable)

What do you think? I was originally going to do a rectangle granny, but I really like the round ripple I'm doing right now, so I might do one of those. I like the new pattern Juile just posted too...well, now that I've finally picked out my colors it will take me forever to decide which pattern to do! :lol

Glenda - I like what you've got there, but I would put the green down by the blue.. otherwise, great colors! :D

I think you're right...that is the one color transition I wasn't sure about. I like the yellow to peach to pink to purple to blue...I tried the green in between the purple and blue, but I like the purple to blue better. I didn't think about putting it after the blue. I think I'll do that this evening and take another picture to see how it looks.

Thank you! :hook

Ok...this one sounds like fun! Need to get another water bottle cover done for a 20mile bike hike this weekend, but then I think I'm in. Have a ton of yarn so should be able to find something to use. It will have the added bonus of making hubby happy to have some yarn used instead of buying new!

Only thing is, I'm bad with colors so it should be interesting!

Melissa

I think you're right...that is the one color transition I wasn't sure about. I like the yellow to peach to pink to purple to blue...I tried the green in between the purple and blue, but I like the purple to blue better. I didn't think about putting it after the blue. I think I'll do that this evening and take another picture to see how it looks.

Thank you! :hook

--------

How about putting the green where the purple currently is, then the blue, then the purple? That way you'd have the spectrum going from lightest to darkest (maybe also switch the pink and peach, since it appears that the peach is slightly darker than the pink)?

I really love all those pretty pastels!

Julie that pattern looks great.

I have started again and am doing the 3 strand method using a M hook.

Starting with white then light purple and then dark purple. Rows go like this.

AAA

AAB

ABB

BBB

BBC

BCC

CCC

This was mentioned in here cant remember who said it..sorry. But I thought I would try it. Im happy with it so far. With 3 colors its seven rows which comes to about a 10inch square. Not sure whether to continue or make squares......arrrrrrrgghhhhh Did I say squares.

Wendy - can not wait to see how this turns out! Should be interesting! I keep saying that I am going to actually make one of the painted doilies one day, but so far I have not!

I'm actually kinda glad that I don't have the yarn yet.....gives me time to see what everyone else is doing and what I like best....but at the same time seeing what everyone is doing is making me want to have the yarn NOW and not in July.

What do you think? I was originally going to do a rectangle granny, but I really like the round ripple I'm doing right now, so I might do one of those. I like the new pattern Juile just posted too...well, now that I've finally picked out my colors it will take me forever to decide which pattern to do! :lol
Have fun deciding! The colors should work up great together in any of the wonderful patterns floating around!

Wendy - thank you for the compliments! I was frustrated with my day, so I pour myself into this rug. I was so surprised how fast it went.

I want to share a tip here. I notice with the varigated yarns, it helps a lot if all yarns have one constant color, like white. It make the blending go better between varigated colors. Try for two or more colors with one constant color (more constant colors, more better!)

When I work on the rug, I was not sure about the colors. After the rows grow, it look better. Use your judgement. Some colors need more rows to look "blended' than others. That's why my rug have different rounds. I suspect it will be true for solid colors as well. I don't know about varigateds and solids. I guess they will work as long as there are one constant color between two colors. Hope it helps!

Glenda

Those colors are gorgeous ! I don;t guess I'll chime in about moving them around. I am mixed up already with all the different changes mentioned . They look beautiful to me like they are , but you do them however you like them best . :)

Melissa

Welcome in . Don't feel bad about your colors being off if they end up being off. I thought mine was looking good, but this last color I added, I'm not real sure about, but I have been going gung-ho on it and am not changing my mind now, it's full steam ahead. I may even have this thing done by the weekend at this rate !

Cara

Maybe I'll actually beat you on one . Do you believe that ?

It's only because it's a double thick yarn and bigger hook or I'd be plodding along on row 3 . :lol

These round ripples are really fast items to make too .

Glenda I like your colors.

Julie you go girl. Im glad your really enjoying this one.

Tabby you will get there dont worry. Sometimes choosing colors and patterns takes longer then the actual project.

good morning

it`s 11:25am

last night i stayed awake because my hubby had dinner with me it was lovely

it`s time for breakfast and crocheting because i heva an engagement party tinight

Let me go count them Athba -

BRB :)

23 rounds

35 inches across .

This one will be donated to the last (or next ) baby to be born into our family when I go to our reunion. I'll have to see who recently had or will be having a baby . We have been in a little bit of a lull , but there's another group of kids who are recent graduates ,in their late teens and early 20's, so we'll be having heaps of babies here again one of these days soon .

Good Morning, gang!

Not much crochet time for me today - FIL duty for most of the day - but waiting rooms give me a chance to work another 12 inch square for my BS. I do have nearly 13 rows completed on my Baby RR for this CAL...the variegated is pretty but makes the color changes too subtle. I decided to use it anyway...I think the colors are soft together, at any rate.

Picture on Friday of what I've done to this point...then back to my chart project.

This has been a nice break.:)

wow julie thats sweet

but ithink your yarn is lighter than mine

i`m 12 or 13 row and more than 22 inchs wide :think so the size is double the rows

won`t you make something for your self ??? maybe grannies with christmas colors will make a nice throw ;) or is it too early :think

i`m thinking of bobbles squares with this teckniqe for mom and a throw for my living room in my appartment hubby will love it :yay

juddianne

can`t wait to see photos keep working :clap

Athba, speaking for myself, I LOVE your idea of making one with Christmas colors - and no, it's never too early to start something like that - especially since all of us here can get VERY carried away:lol

Archived