Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heather i had a look on the joined squares the ghan looks terrifik and magnificent peice of art :yay

keep the great work

can i distorb you with some questions :lol

how many yarn you`ve used??

i think it will look nice if i made one for mom ;) but i need to buy more yarn :think

wendy

sorry to hear that your yarn wont fit your project :hug

maybe you can use it for summer clothing ;)

dig in your stash you`ll difintlly find lot`s and lot`s of magnificent colors of yarn ;)

soft wool or aclyrice will fit the tote :clap

Dianne that looks great. Wow you have been busy.

Athba you could have slept in. Dont you hate that when you think you need to be somewhere at the wrong time.

Yes my colors just dont look right but then I cant find anything in my stash either so Im still going with the original colors but not really happy with it.hmm I think I have told someone else not to continue if they are not happy with theirs and what am I doing but the same thing. I guess I just dont want to waste the yarn.

I am inspired! I love the round ripple and as soon as I can find my stash in the closet of doom..... well it may be a couple weeks, but I am IN!

Diane

Very pretty !

Wendy- is there any way you can use what you got, but get another color or 2 to put between them to add someting ? I tried that and THINK it's gonna work. We shall see with the finished product .

Julie the trouble is its cotton and Im going from bright pink to light green. Not sure its working. But I will continue with it until I can find something I like better. I thought I had heaps of pinks but cant find them. I think my daughter has run off with them, not sure. It looks like another trip to the yarn shop.

Well, shoot, Wendy

I wish there was some solution to your dilemma . My colors, I'm not real sure about the blending of certain ones either, but I'm just going ahead with it. I think it might look ok in the end. The first blend doesn't show up well ( or it won't on camera I dont think) , then the 2nd 2 colors definitely don't blend well, but I only made one row of the blended part on them so it wouldn't look worse . I think I need to toss in one more color after the section I'm on now, but I'm not real sure what color to use.

Trouble is, I bought Caron SS and they have a limited selection of shades-- you either gets the basic pinks, greens and blues or you have to go with the brights.

I'm a little bit stymied at this point. I'm on the way over now to see if I can find one more color to toss in there next . This thing is going real fast, so it may be the first project completed in quite some time, then it's back to my others .

Sometimes we see the idea in our heads, it's getting it in the project that is the trick.

oh wendy it`s ok i can tell don`t complete it if you are not happy

you can have another trip to the yarn shop and choose everything you like ;)

wow julie thats awsom

i wanted to work yesturday but badly i just made 3row cause my huseband took me to have lunch in a new big mall and we had some shopping then visited his family (father and sisters) then went to ceramic shop to choose our flooring for our home finally i came home and we had some visitors until 12am so it was bed time

ohh lots of things i`ve did :think

Wendy, the pink and light green sound pretty together...maybe there is another one you can throw into the mix?

I started a baby round ripple last night with the N hook - wasn't paying attention (NY Yankee baseball game on TV:clap ) and frogged a couple of rows. But I am now on my 7th row and I love how it looks so far...haven't gotten to the variegated yet, though. Right now I don't think I'll use the white, at least for this one - just the yellow, baby green and complementary variegated.

Athba

Yep, it sounds like you had a busy day yesterday .

Wendy- yep, I'll be posting a photo for this on Friday . I am trying to get a little more done on my other round ripple and woven blocks to post updates on them too, but havent spent as much time on them this week. I did finish up my 3rd block for my WB- so that just needs attached and I'll have the top row done at least .

Julie - thanks for the new link! I think I see my next round ghan being made in this pattern :)

Julie that pattern looks great.

I have started again and am doing the 3 strand method using a M hook.

Starting with white then light purple and then dark purple. Rows go like this.

AAA

AAB

ABB

BBB

BBC

BCC

CCC

This was mentioned in here cant remember who said it..sorry. But I thought I would try it. Im happy with it so far. With 3 colors its seven rows which comes to about a 10inch square. Not sure whether to continue or make squares......arrrrrrrgghhhhh Did I say squares.

Hey Wendy

That sounds good ! If you don't wanna make little squares, I agree with Judy, maybe you could just make one big block, or make like 4 or 6 big ones then put them together . That'd be less work than a bunch of small ones .

Just something else to ponder . :think

I made some good progress last night on my giant granny. I'm amazed at how fast the thing works up when you double strand it.

I put on 5 more rounds, but of course as it gets bigger, it'll take more time to complete each round. I'm planning to make this about 50 or so inches square, toddler sized, and give it to Project Linus.

I had to go to Hobby Lobby last night to purchase more of the Water Lily yarn, and took their last 4 skeins. Then I bought another 6 skeins of RH in Real Teal and Dusty Teal. I couldn't help myself, they were too pretty. Not sure yet what I'll do with those.

Archived