Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

I'm absolutely in. Those are all gorgeous. I think I may try to use up some of my scraps with this so it may be a rainbow type of blanket. I'm going to do it in the rectangle granny since it's one that looks pretty easy and nice and I haven't tried it yet. I can't wait to get the colors ready. I am going to look at my stash either tonight or tomorrow and get started.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Donna !

A scrap-ghan would be perfect for this .I am getting excited already just thinking about all the combinations we will have in here . The large granny is a really nice quick pattern, although once it gets big, the rounds take longer and longer, but that's ok. It's worth it in the end . :)

Krystal the Scrap of Beauty Ghan is beautiful. The stitch used in there looks complicated, is it easy to do.

Donna I think Im going to do the same thing. I should have enough yarn and different colors to make something.

Julie -

The stitches are straight across, no diagonal. It might just be how the light is hitting it or how I've got it lying.

Aussie - the stitches are easy. You have the "regular" dc (yo once) and then a ltr (yo three times) - of course, these are american terms. Very simple to do.

I think a scrap ghan sounds great.:yarn I might just try that too. Knowing me though i'll want a color to go with another color & will go out and buy more anyways. :sigh I'm a hopeless yarn addict & it just keeps getting worse. :faint

I've been wanting to do a blended afghan since I saw the pastel ripple! I'm doing a round ripple right now, and I'm going to be doing another one, so I think I'm going to do a rectangle granny.

I have some CSS pastels, but that means of course that I want to do it in the brites! :lol

But I'll start with the pastels until I can get some of the brites. I'm going to do this one for Project Linus. :yay

Uh oh...I've been hanging around here too long - I'm going to have to start listing my WIPs in my signature just so I can keep track! :P

I have a baby afghan I have to make and I think this would be perfect I'm in as soon as I buy the yarn

I'm on square 11 out of probably 12 instead of the 15 I was planning. I think I'll have to fudge a little with my border lol. My squares are 4 colors J hook and 2 rows of each color and change of color and is coming out about 17 inches.

I definitely want to be in on this!! The pictures are gorgeous, and the idea is so neat. I have two blankets in progress right now, but I should have them done by next week...I'll start then.

Count me in (soon)!

julie

i dont know in which area he was i forgot :think

i would love to be in a state where i can find beatiful scens of nature that would be awsom :yay

ladeis

don`t be jealous i made a quarter of my ghan it is 10 row with almost 18'' wide from point to point :yay

i`ll be working more on this :woo

Tabby

You sound like me. No matter how much yarn I have laying around , it seems that i always come up with a color I need that I don't have . Maybe you'll have enough to get a good start and only need to buy a little . Does your husband own a pickup truck you could haul it in ?

Glenda - yep, it sounds like you have been in the 'ville long enough to catch YARN FEVER . It's only a matter of time til you will have yarn in bags, closets, drawers, under the bed, in the attic, on shelves where your GROCERIES are supposed to be, in the garage, under the mattress and once the house is full, in the trunk of your car .

Thanks for joining !

Amanda- sounds great, and welcome aboard ! Great to have you .

Heather- thanks for posting more details about your color changes and hook size. That will certainly help ~:)

Amdm-thanks for posting your photo-- it is VERY pretty . I will add your link to the others in the first post, if it's ok .

Athba- it sounds like you are on a roll ! Ask your husband where he got to visit when he was here. I am curious what area he got to see. Our country is so huge, there are many states I have never seen myself .

Morning Julie.

I went to spotlight today as I had to get more yarn for my latchhook and while I was there I bought yarn for my van gogh creation. I was going to use scraps but I saw this yarn and just had to have it. Its called Moda Vera Luxor and its 100% cotton. Of course I couldnt wait to get home and start it.

Wendy

I had to laugh when I saw you already bought your yarn for this, because I just did the same thing ! I just now got home.

So much for holding off til I got something else finished, huh ? :lol

I am excited to hear more about your yarn colors and see a photo, but I guess we'll try to stick with Photo Friday in here too if possible. I like seeing photos anytime, but it seems a little more organized and gives everyone kind-of a day of the week to have a goal for if we pick a certain day .

Anyhow, I am hoping to see some really neat photos in this area one of these days, once everyone gets time to choose a pattern, colors, and has a little bit to photograph. :)

Julie thats quite funny.:lol We both raced to the shop to buy yarn for this. I have already done 6 rows and I agree, so much for waiting till we finish something. Another project to add to the loooonggggg list we all have.

Well I have got to go to bed its nearly midnight here.

Night all.

You two are so bad. :lol I haven't even begun to look for colors yet. I am going to look in my stash first since my stash pretty much is all brand new yarn just waiting for a home. :yes Hopefully i'll find something to work with. I did get two more rows done on my quilt ghan so i'm almost there and then I can think about starting this. Although I did start a baby starghan yesterday. :lol:devil I'm just as bad as you two. :rofl We have to face it, we're hopeless yarn & CAL addicts. :yes:hook:yarn:devil

This is so Not Fair of you Julie Kay. I have been so good to avoid all the tempting CAL titles and now you have to start with this Artist Series. (We all know there will be others right? :yes:yes:yes )

I will be good and not promise to start this but ... get thee behind me :devil.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to just :lurk on Fridays when pics are posted.

If I had the yarn... Don't go there Dar :wlol

Tab-

Yea, we're hopeless SOMETHINGS . When I see how much yarn I have stuffed in my closet upstairs, I think I'm more like a packrat.

We're gonna be on the news some night, like the couple I heard about not long ago. They had so much JUNK cluttering up their living room . The neighbors noticed they hadn't seen the couple in several days and their mailbox was jammed full of stuff.

The police went in to do a welfare check on them and found the lady ,still alive but almost smothered to death by a pile of junk that fell onto her and she couldn't get out.

Sadly, the man wasn't so lucky. He HAD smothered ( or starved ) from a pile of junk falling onto him so many weeks ago and no one checked on him to see where he was .

I'm a little worried about my yarn level at this point. Wonder how many skeins would it take before it'd smother you to death when it fell ?

I'd better go get that hook busy so we won't have to find out .

Julie~Mine's in huge plastic totes & wooden chests & wicker hampers & mesh totes & ummmmmmmm...........well you get the picture so if it falls on me i'll be crushed. :lol :lol I knew I had a problem a week back or so when I bought more yarn & started carrying yarn from UFO's upstairs to the totes. When I went to put the top on the tote it was about a foot above the top. :blush So, you ask what I did..........I sat on it & tried really hard to squeeze it closed. Well, it stayed closed as long as I sat there. So, needless to say it is sitting kinda on top of the yarn. :blush I have to get another tote. :devil

Darski~Join us, it'll be fun. You know you want to. :spin :spin :spin:devil

Well I had my girls help pick out the yarn. So far it's pink then blue. My oldest is thinking the next color will be green. It sure helps me not ponder and drag all my stash out looking for the next color. :lol Plus it will be a fun surprise as to how it will look in the end.

Archived