Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had another idea of a different way to do one of these, how about a heart blanket? It seems like I remember seeing a heart shaped blanket on here somewhere but can't find it. Does anyone know where there is a free heart pattern worked in rounds? It could even be small, like a hotpad and I could just keep going to make it bigger. Everything I find is not worked in rounds though.

There's a heart dishcloth on www.crochetpatterncentral.com I've used the pattern and it is good - all dc rounds!

this might get a little closer..

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/hearts.php

Krystal, do you remember what yours was called? I couldn't find one quickly - I am too lazy by half :cat. given that we just did a CAL for all hearts in Feb. you would think I would know this :sigh

http://hometown.aol.com/JSchlossma/heartdc.html I *think* this is the link, but my dial-up is getting messy, and it won't load for me. If not, I printed it out and can hopefully find the link again.... LMK

Ooh yes. I did that one in Feb. It would be very pretty done in several rounds in this technique.

BTW. I have now gotten my white yarn straightened out (literally) so I can get back to working on my bunting. I will use it for this CAL even if it doesn't really do justice to this technique

Donna

That is very pretty ! I like it !

I almost think with these patterns ( at least mine, anyhow ), that they look prettier from a distance or from a photo ,so you can actually see the blending from a ways off. If you are holding it and working on it, some of the blends don't look so great, but farther off, they look real nice .

So lay yours down and walk a few steps away to get the full effect. It looks really pretty from the photo ! :)

Julie are you going to do another one.

I have started again. Yep the 3 strand technique took too much yarn and using scraps was no good as I ran out of yarn. So off to Big W today and bought some new yarn. I have started a rectangle one and so I will see how it goes. 3rd time lucky.

Wendy

I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you find just the right colors that you like . I know how frustrating it can be to think certain ones will look good, then getting them home, starting your project and you just go YEK . At least that's what I do . I can tell right away whether I am going to like it once I get the colors started all together .

I probably won't do another of these right away, as I still have my poor Happy House one that keeps getting set aside. Also, my bedspread has been even more neglected, so it's back to those 2 now, but I will certainly check in here daily to see all the others !

Donna that is beautiful. What color are you doing next.

I'm not sure yet. I am going to probably let my 3 yo pick the next color. Hopefully it won't be some clashing color :lol

Julie, thank you. I will try that. It did look better in the photo when I was looking at that.

I notice my bathroom rug is slippery on bathroom tiles. What will be a good way to keep it non slippery ?

I would like to make some oval rugs. :hook. Where can I get fabric strips? Around here, I only can go to Joann's fabric for fabrics. I am not sure about Michael's and Wallmart.

I notice my bathroom rug is slippery on bathroom tiles. What will be a good way to keep it non slippery ?

Check at Linens 'n Things, or Bed Bath and Beyond...I think that's where I've seen stuff you can attach to the back of the rug so it stays put. A last resort (for me, anyway) might be Home Depot...

Let us know if you found something that works!

If you buy "puffy Paint" tubes, painted dots/lines will make a non slip bottom. it is recommended for crochet slippers and I am sure it would work for this as well.

Ok here is the bedspread I finished last night. It's on my DD's bed just to show the size. I'm hoping it will fit a little bigger on my MIL's bed since it's a hospital type bed and has a footboard and all.

th_crochet109.jpgclickable.

Now this is the green so far. I have 7 of the 9 squares done just ran out of my middle color.

Oops hit the post button my accident before getting the pic in here hahaha anyway Here it is.

th_crochet114.jpg

clickable.

I tried switching up the colors trying to help in not using the dark up real fast. In the bedspread the yellow just barely used up half a skein of each and the purple I went through 4 skeins lol.

Here is mine so far. I haven't decided if I like it or not. lol. But here it is.

vangogh5-11.jpg

That's very pretty I like it that way. I agree with Julie these look better from a distance.

You can do more blending rows maybe you'll see a more blending effect if your not feeling it looks "blendy":) enough. I made even amounts of solid and blending so the blending goes a little more but I think yours looks great like it is.

Heather - I am officially crowning you with the Crochet Artist Award . :2magic:queen

Those are both lovely, but the green is absolutely stunning . Beyond description .

Almost leaves me SPEECHLESS, but it's take more than an afghan to make ME speechless .

Maybe one of Tab's famous rolls of duct tape MIGHT do it . A whole roll . :lol

OR when I'm 6 feet under, but something tells me I will find a way to COMMUNICATE with the other .... hmmm, how shall we say it ?

Residents of the cemetery ?

They will be rolling over in their graves - --- literally. Trying to get some peace in their final resting place .

Maybe I should have my husband sprinkle my ashes someplace. I'm trying to think of a good place .

Tabby- can he fly over your house and sprinkle them out their airplane when you're having a cookout in your yard ? :fire

Heather, I love your designs! Great work...and I like either way of doing the squares - the green is especially effective the way you've placed them.

Did you use an ordinary granny square pattern? I can't remember...

Here is mine so far. I haven't decided if I like it or not. lol. But here it is.

vangogh5-11.jpg

Donna, I'm having a similar problem with the pastels I'm using - not being quite sure if it looks blended enough or not...but your picture looks great, and I'm hoping mine will show up better that way, too.

Glad I'm not the only one having problems with this method. :lol I wholeheartedly agree, Heather is the master at this! Your pieces are gorgeous! Think I'll keep going on mine a bit more (got disgusted with it) then look at it from a distance and see if that helps :yes

Thanks, :) the first few I did I thought was not blending well at all but the more you get and the further away you are when looking it changes and looks much better.

Judi- Yes they are just plain old grannies. I did turn these grannies though so they would look the same on both sides.

I might have to try the heart shape in fingering weight for a premie or baby ghan that sounds like such a neat pattern for this technique.

th_HPIM0165.jpg

The light color is yellow, and after the center of yellow I added aqua...it's 32 inches across now...

How big SHOULD it be? :think

Heather, thanks for the tip about turning the grannies - I would NOT be happy if I did it the usual way and it got messed up!!

Archived