Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Carol....I love your ripple..you know blue is my favorite color....I love the colors you got going there....

Jeanne....Yours is very very pretty...it reminds me of a baby boy! It has such cute blues...(I see blue :lol )

Crochet Dad, You are one great crocheter...I love the way your ripple is turning out...Keep it up

ok crochet dad you are one awesome dude! love the progress of the ripple but i do have one question? are you finding it tedious working in all one color? or is it better cuz you are adding the popcorn on each side breaking up the monatony? (sp)?

keep us posted ok?

thanks

I didn't officially join your CAL but I was crocheting another RR along with some of you recently & have enjoyed reading the threads & seeing the beautiful pictures of your Round Ripples! All of you are so talented & have done wonderful jobs on your afghans. :c9

This is my 2nd RR. Made for my nearly 10 yo ds, based on the version that C'ville member crochetrae did. It's on my queen size bed so it turned out pretty big, although I haven't measured it. It's a great size for a tall 10 yo though because he is almost as tall as I am!

Image is clickable

th_spiderweb.jpg

I got another one done. This is from yarn I got at a thrift store and I worked on it till I ran out of the grey. It's still a good size but I wish I had enough grey to put 2 more rows on it!!

?action=view&current=GreyRR.jpg

natcat-Your blue rr is looking beautiful.

yarnjeannie-Your blue and white rr is very pretty.

kazily-Your rr is very neat, is it the black spiderman rr?

Lisa-Your rr is gorgeous. I like the varigated yarn you used, it goes really well with the grey and white, especially with how you sequenced the colors and I reallly like how you did the center in white.

Wow everyone is doing such a great job! Love all the colors and combos.

Gene that popcorn addition is so neat, love the way it's turning out, I may have to try that out myself.

Working on a "stadium" RR now. DH goes to MU vet school and we love to tailgate and go to the foot ball games so I'm making a big black and gold RR. I started it as a two strander but didn't like the way it was turning out so I frogged it and went with 1 strand at a time. I'm on row 32 and counting, but had to take a break bc my arm got tired, that and I'm running out of gold time for a trip to the store.

Hi SouthernJudy

I hope you get better soon.

I fell out of bed when i had a seizure about 2 weeks ago, landed on my left hand, wrist, & I didn't breat my wrist, but sprained it real bad, & just last night, I was able to crochet on my blue round ripple.

Oh, by the way, last weekend, labor day, we had a tornado that went through our town, just west of where we live, snapped off a bunch of power poles, & with 100 degree temps + we didn't have any power, for almost 2 days,:eek

My Goodness cat!! you take care of yourself, please get well soon. You will be in my prayers.

It sound's like you been having some nasty weather too. Sounds so funny that you have tornados in Calif now. I was raised in Calif and don't ever recall even hearing the word tornado. lol The weather is changing all of the world I guess.

Well I better get to bed. I'm back working in the hospital agin so it means no sleeping in for me anymore lol. You have a great Day and I will be checking in. Hope your wrist gets better real soon. Hugzzzzzzz

I got another one done. This is from yarn I got at a thrift store and I worked on it till I ran out of the grey. It's still a good size but I wish I had enough grey to put 2 more rows on it!!

?action=view&current=GreyRR.jpg

I like it!! It's very pretty.

Thanks to all for the nice comments.

kkms - I wanted a different look and this post in Home Decor Show and Tell of an all white RR, which got my creative juices flowing and I came up with the idea of adding some texture. It's definitely not monotonous - you're right, the popcorns break it up.

kazily - nice job - what a great looking RR! Hmm, I wonder if my son would like one of those spideyghams...

Lisa - Nice job. It must feel great to produce something this pretty with a bargain buy!

Kelly - yes, while doing this one, I have come up with a few more ideas for texture (quite different than this one). Love these Round Ripples!

Wow, I am so glad I found this thread. I am a newbie here. Haven't read thru all 184 pages yet, but have been skipping around and read maybe half. You all do such beautiful work.

I've been trying to decide what kind of afghan to make for my first grandbaby :jumpyay due next April...so I have a little bit of time and have decided to try one of these...I have a couple of questions for anyone who'd like to answer.

I'd like to make one that is shaded, probably in rainbow colors, and am wondering what kind of yarn to use so that it isn't too heavy since 2 strands of yarn will be needed to achieve the shaded look. Also, what size hook. I'm looking forward to starting this, altho it won't be right away, I have a few other projects that I intend on finishing first. :juggle

Well, thanks for all who read this, looking for a few pointers and have found plenty in this thread, along with lots of inspiration, but my main question is regarding the yarn.

Katie, I personally have never done a blended one (but I have done at least a dozen' 'regular' round ripples, with many more to do), but if my memory serves me correctly, some are done in Caron Simply Soft, Bernat Baby Coordinates, and other Baby yarns. I'm not sure about the size of the hook, but at least one I've seen using baby yarn was a size J hook.

I'm sure there will be other responses from people that have actually done one.

Hope that helps a little :)

Wow, I am so glad I found this thread. I am a newbie here. Haven't read thru all 184 pages yet, but have been skipping around and read maybe half. You all do such beautiful work.

I've been trying to decide what kind of afghan to make for my first grandbaby :jumpyay due next April...so I have a little bit of time and have decided to try one of these...I have a couple of questions for anyone who'd like to answer.

I'd like to make one that is shaded, probably in rainbow colors, and am wondering what kind of yarn to use so that it isn't too heavy since 2 strands of yarn will be needed to achieve the shaded look. Also, what size hook. I'm looking forward to starting this, altho it won't be right away, I have a few other projects that I intend on finishing first. :juggle

Well, thanks for all who read this, looking for a few pointers and have found plenty in this thread, along with lots of inspiration, but my main question is regarding the yarn.

I did one after seeing this masterpiece by Chrome Kitty, I ordered the kit from Mary Maxim, and used Bernat Baby Cooridnates..Chrome Kitty explains how she made hers in this thread and there is pics..hope this helps.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49408

I have fininshed one and am working on another. for the first one i used caron one pounder. and for the one i am working on now i am using red heart super saver, both are worsted weight. i am using/used a size n hook. they are nice and heavy. the first one is a baby one. the one i am doing now is finally for me. i live in montana and they will be nice for the winter, if you don't want them really heavy then i would use a baby weight yarn. something finer like the small caron skeins that you can pick up at walmart. hope this helps.

A While back, I made my Mom a straight ripple ghan when she was in the hospital. I am now making her a RR for Christmas. The straight ripple was done in black and different colors of variegated. We named it her Stained Glass Ghan. I decided to make this one similar. This RR is done in black and 1 color of variegated.

She keeps asking me when I am going to make her a RR. Hopefully I can put her off until Christmas. If not, she will get this one early, then I will make her another one for Christmas.

Here is her Stained Glass Straight Ripple Ghan

th_momsghan1.jpg

clickable

Here is the progress on her Stained Glass RR

th_MomsStainedGlassRR1-1.jpg

clickable

A While back, I made my Mom a straight ripple ghan when she was in the hospital. I am now making her a RR for Christmas. The straight ripple was done in black and different colors of variegated. We named it her Stained Glass Ghan. I decided to make this one similar. This RR is done in black and 1 color of variegated.

She keeps asking me when I am going to make her a RR. Hopefully I can put her off until Christmas. If not, she will get this one early, then I will make her another one for Christmas.

Here is her Stained Glass Straight Ripple Ghan

th_momsghan1.jpg

clickable

Here is the progress on her Stained Glass RR

th_MomsStainedGlassRR1-1.jpg

clickable

Mel - the beginning of another masterpiece! The Artists Print variegated is really nice with the black. Keep us posted!

Thank you Gene.

I'm not sure which color pattern I am going to go with....repeat what I have done so far, or to increase the variegated row each color 'block'. I can't decide :think

ETA:

I hung it on the wall, sat here and looked at it for a while. I have decided that I am going to repeat the color pattern I have going now.

Since I bought the Artist Print, I have been looking for more of it, and I can't find it at any store I've been to yet. This way, I will use more black that variegated, and black is much easier to find :yes

Mel, your RR is so AWESOME!! :manyheart

Did you use 2 strands of yarn, or 1?

Which pattern did you use?

Thanks in advance, and for sharing the pics with us!!! I truly enjoyed them!! :cheer

Carol

Thank you Carol!

I am using 1 strand of yarn.

Here is the pattern I always use:

http://www.sewonfire.com/round_ripple_afghan.htm

There is a mistake in row 3. In the pattern it reads:

rnd 3: ch 3, skip 1 st, * 1 dc, ch 2, 1 dc in next st. repeat from * ending with 1 dc in base of ch 3, ch 2, sl st in top of ch 3.

It should read:

rnd 3: ch 3, *skip 1 st, 1 dc, ch 2, 1 dc in next st. repeat from * ending with 1 dc in base of ch 3, ch 2, sl st in top of ch 3.

But I don't do row 3 that way. Instead of skipping 1 stitch, I do a dc. That way it is not so holey. I like the stitches a little closer together in that row.

Here is a link to lots of tips and tricks:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29245