Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Lindsay - nice job. The edging looks great!

Kelly - you should start a RR class at school!

I am starting a crochet club at school. Once they know the stitches I think I willt each the RR partially bc I love it and partially bc it works up so quickly they can see the results fast.

Okay - I've seen all the lovely round ripple afghans you're all working on in various posts. I had to try one. I started it on 9/3, and I'll post a photo when it's finished. I have to say it's been fun, so I think I may have to work on a few more. The first one is blue and white, and the next will be pink and white, as one of my co-workers is expecting. I'll be ready, whether she has a boy or a girl!

DreamsOfYarn-Your rr is gorgeous. I like the varigated and white together.

Thank you! She loved it. She was at work when I took it to her....she walked around to everyone and showed it off. She was shocked that I got it done that fast. She has heard me talk about RR's, but had never seen one. And it will go perfectly on her couch. The look on her face when she opened it up made my sore wrist and hand worth it :yes

I started this one on Friday, August 31st and just got it finished today, Sept. 4th.

DSC03331.jpg

DSC03332.jpg

Beautiful love the colours, and I finally bit the bullet and ordered Caron's yarn today, perfect timing, to see your pic as I ordered the orchid, so it's nice to see the actualy colour.

I can't wait, I am doing a Rebecca Leigh dress in it, well attempting it anyway..

thanks for sharing :D

I got the RR done for my friend that is getting married Saturday :whew

I started this one Saturday morning and finished it late last night. I wanted to end it with a row of variegated, but when I went to get my last skein, it was a different color. The greens were brighter and a different shade, so I had to end it in winter white.

This will work perfectly draped over the back of her couch :clap

I will be wrapping it and taking it to her later today. She has never seen a round ripple, so I can't wait to see her face when she finally gets to see one.

th_BrittanyRR1a.jpg

clickable

I love the varigated, the rr is gorgeous

I have finally finished my DD's Watermelon RR :whew

I will take pictures tomorrow since right now my DD is sleeping with it. She loves it. I am so glad it is done.

I did suffer a crochet injury just as I was finishing it. I did the last stitch, pulled the yarn through to fasten it off, grabbed my scissors, went to cut the yarn, and cut myself along with the yarn. I was so glad to have it done I didn't pay close enough attention to what I was doing. I cut my hand right below the base of my thumb. As soon as I cut it, I knew it was going to be a bleeder. I hollered to my DD to grab some band-aids and bring them to me. I finally got the bleeding stopped after washing it real good, slapped some band-aids on it, and finished snipping the ends. When she saw I was snipping the ends, she told me to wait until tomorrow to do it. I said no, I'm a few snips away from it being done, I'm finishing it.

Thanks for listening to my injury story....I think I will go prop up my hand...it is throbbing.

Ouch! Glad you got it done, sorry you got hurt in the process though. :(

I will take pictures tomorrow since right now my DD is sleeping with it. She loves it. I am so glad it is done.

I did suffer a crochet injury just as I was finishing it. I did the last stitch, pulled the yarn through to fasten it off, grabbed my scissors, went to cut the yarn, and cut myself along with the yarn. I was so glad to have it done I didn't pay close enough attention to what I was doing. I cut my hand right below the base of my thumb. As soon as I cut it, I knew it was going to be a bleeder. I hollered to my DD to grab some band-aids and bring them to me. I finally got the bleeding stopped after washing it real good, slapped some band-aids on it, and finished snipping the ends. When she saw I was snipping the ends, she told me to wait until tomorrow to do it. I said no, I'm a few snips away from it being done, I'm finishing it.

Thanks for listening to my injury story....I think I will go prop up my hand...it is throbbing.

Beautiful love the colours, and I finally bit the bullet and ordered Caron's yarn today, perfect timing, to see your pic as I ordered the orchid, so it's nice to see the actualy colour.

I can't wait, I am doing a Rebecca Leigh dress in it, well attempting it anyway..

thanks for sharing :D

Thank you! Yeah I love the color, nice and soft.

Mel,

Hopefully it's not a serious injury.

Here is a picture of my DD's Round Ripple. It ended up being 50 rows and 70 inches point to point. She loves it. I have decided that I won't be using that bright of colors for a while. I had headaches every time I worked on it. If I have to use that bright of colors again, I will be sure to wear sunglasses :lol

My hand is still extremely sore with the occasional throbbing, but I'm still crocheting...just a little slower.

Here is what we call 'The Watermelon'

th_HillysWatermelon1.jpg

clickable