Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Can I join this cal?? I am working on a rr for my niece and I may need a bit of encouragement to finish it, it started out great, but I have several things going at once, so I don't want it to be forgotten. Here is a pic, she requested light pink and dark purple so this is my progress so far....?action=view&current=DSCN3795.jpg

These round ripples looks so great. I have never made one, could someone point me in the right direction for the pattern???

Thanks in advance :hug

Blondie

I have made 10 of these so far, and this is the pattern I use:

http://www.sewonfire.com/round_ripple_afghan.htm

There is a correction for row 3 which can be found here along with other tips and tricks:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29245

These were generously posted by Chrome Kitty.

Hope this helps, and if you have any problems, just give a holler and someone will be more than glad to help, myself included :)

Valerie, jump right into the CAL! We welcome all that want to join.

That is so pretty. I love the colors you are using.

I've been working on my DD's RR for a while now, but she understands that life and other crochet projects sometimes get in the way. Plus, it's not like I haven't made her anything yet :lol

Thank you! My niece isn't aware that this one is for her yet. She just turned 5 Aug 4. She was admiring the ghans that I had done for my 3 children and she asked if I could make one for her, I told her that I might try to have something done for her birthday (she was here in late June). She has seen the one I am working on she just doesn't know it's hers. This is probably part of what is making me procrastinate on it, I don't do well with deadlines, so I just make things in secret. Problem with no deadline unfortunately is that it gives a good excuse to procrastinate. :lol

I have started working on my DD's rounder again, but I am needing some encouragement. It is 40 rows, 55" point to point, and I am losing interest since it is getting so big and it takes so long to complete one round. Plus it is such bright colors that it hurts my eyes after a while. It is brighter in person, but the clouds are moving in and the lighting is pretty dim :(

I still have 10 rows to go :eek

th_HillysBrightRounder3.jpg

clickable

DreamsOfYarn-Your rr is looking gorgeous.

Thank you so much. I normally don't get bored making RR's, but this one is getting to me. I think the bright colors more than anything else are getting to me.

My DD got all excited when she saw me taking pictures of it. She thought it was done, then she saw that it wasn't. I told her I still had 10 rows to do, and she said to take my time, that it must be hard to crochet with such bright colored yarn. If I can do 1 row a day, I'll be happy. We will see what happens.

You can't give up! You keep me going when I want to stop I come and look at your work and I then pick up what I am working on. I love the colors. Keep going. Happy crocheting :clap :clap

I have started working on my DD's rounder again, but I am needing some encouragement. It is 40 rows, 55" point to point, and I am losing interest since it is getting so big and it takes so long to complete one round. Plus it is such bright colors that it hurts my eyes after a while. It is brighter in person, but the clouds are moving in and the lighting is pretty dim :(

I still have 10 rows to go :eek

th_HillysBrightRounder3.jpg

clickable

You can't give up! You keep me going when I want to stop I come and look at your work and I then pick up what I am working on. I love the colors. Keep going. Happy crocheting :clap :clap

Thank you for the encouragement and kind words. They mean a lot to me.

I am going to sit here and watch SNL-The first 5 years, and see how much I can get done. Maybe that will keep me from thinking about how tedious this one is becoming.

I really like the way this one is working up, so I can't figure out why I am losing interest.

I'm off to watch SNL....love the first 5 years....best ones ever!!

The hook will be smokin'!!:hook

:cheer Mel, that RR is so cool!!!

Right now I'm doing a medium sized granny square afghan in spiderman colors.

I'm getting bored with it,too!! It sure does become a long way around,doesn't it!!

It was so sweet of your DD to be so understanding,while she's so excited to see it almost done:clap that will keep you going:yes

:yay Can't wait to see it done,, Did SNL help???:haha

:cheer Mel, that RR is so cool!!!

Right now I'm doing a medium sized granny square afghan in spiderman colors.

I'm getting bored with it,too!! It sure does become a long way around,doesn't it!!

It was so sweet of your DD to be so understanding,while she's so excited to see it almost done:clap that will keep you going:yes

:yay Can't wait to see it done,, Did SNL help???:haha

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I have gotten 2 rows done so far.

Mel,

You are my inspiration in this CAL - don't give up now!

Thank you for the kind words. They mean so much to me! I'm not going to give up. 2 rows done in an hour. Not too shabby!!

Thank you everyone for your kind and encouraging words this evening. I was able to get 4 rows done before my hand and wrist decided that I had done enough for one night. I have 6 more rows to go and it will be done. But this will be the hardest 6 rows to do.....it is taking a long time to finish 1 row, plus it will be 6 rows of hot pink. This will be hard on the eyes.

:scrachin Maybe I will have to wear my sunglasses for the pink rows :heehee:heehee

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I have gotten 2 rows done so far.

Thank you for the kind words. They mean so much to me! I'm not going to give up. 2 rows done in an hour. Not too shabby!!

two rows done in an hour isn't bad. the last one i finished was about an hour and 10 minutes a row at the end. it was 90" when i got it done. keep on going and yours will be done soon.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q105/Craftymomma/DCP_0830.jpg

Hi everyone. Youv'e all seen this RR, but I entered it in the MN State Fair. It didn't get any ribbons, but it was displayed in such a cool fashion I just had to share it with all my other RR fanatics! I had to borrow it back from my expectant coworker to enter it.

Keep up the good work, everyone's projects look fantastic!

Hi everyone. Youv'e all seen this RR, but I entered it in the MN State Fair. It didn't get any ribbons, but it was displayed in such a cool fashion I just had to share it with all my other RR fanatics! I had to borrow it back from my expectant coworker to enter it.

Tiffany - looking good.

Hi everyone. You've all seen this RR, but I entered it in the MN State Fair. It didn't get any ribbons, but it was displayed in such a cool fashion I just had to share it with all my other RR fanatics! I had to borrow it back from my expectant coworker to enter it.

I saw your RR!!! I thought--there's a RR!!! It sure is pretty in person!

One more done!

DSC01469.jpg

This is for my SD's friend who went to summer school so she could graduate HS early. Happy with how it came out.

Gee, only 2 more RR's to do, both baby-sized. Will post when they're done.

Wow, great job! How many rows did you do to get it that large?

One more done!

DSC01469.jpg

This is for my SD's friend who went to summer school so she could graduate HS early. Happy with how it came out.

Gee, only 2 more RR's to do, both baby-sized. Will post when they're done.