Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

OK - I'm doing another one. This one will be all white with some cluster stitches for a textured look - I hope it works out. I'll keep you posted.

Crochet Dad have you seen this pattern, its not a ripple but its round and textured.

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/lffunt/skipstone.htm

Ok ok...I am doing major cleaning today. I am trying to declutter. In the process today I ran across a round ripple baby afghan that I must have started about 3-4 years ago. Not like me to not finish a project. I totally forgot all about it. I guess I can jump right in and finish this one. I must be doing the one that doesn't lie flat. I am going to finish up this baby one and then do a full size one next. Here is a picture of the baby one I started oh so long ago........

a>

No, but thank you! Here's a quick pic of my progress:

1294261685_dc5d14373e_m.jpg

It's about 12 inches across right now. This is going to be FUN!

oh that is awesome! i hope you will share what you are doing when you are done! i have to mak a wedding gift and i think thats just perfect!

i am glad i stopped in today its been a while since i checked out all your ripples!

It's so inspiring looking at everyones RR, it keeps me going.

yarnlover66 as soon as you continue that RR you were making you'll be hooked like me. I just started making mine exactly a month ago and I'm half way the second one, that's how much I love making them.

Just by looking out here I got hooked by all the color schemes people used. I see one and say "I want to make one like that...or OOoooo I want to make one like that one" LOL Wish I could crochet all day long, but there is something called life that gets in my way sometimes! LOL I haven't stitched a stitch in 2 days. That is unusual for me! Maybe tonight.

your rr is beautiful, I love the colours, is that Carons?

Yes they are! Watermelon, Mango, Lemonade, Limelite, Blue mint, and Grape. The blue mint and grape don't look quite right in the picture... The real things is so much brighter!

Beautiful. Love the blended ones. One of these days I will get around to making one.

Great Job :clap:clap

Whew! It is finished(well, minus tying ends in...)!! My rainbow RR... It is about 62.5 inches across, point to point. I love the way it looks!!

th_IMG_9712.jpg

th_IMG_9711.jpg

I have 3 1/2 rows left to do on my DD's bright rounder. But I have had to put it on hold because I am scrambling to get a RR done for a friend of mine. She told me Friday that she is getting married this coming Saturday. I will have to have it done by Wednesday, since that is the last time I will see her. She is not getting married here, so since I won't be at the wedding, I will have to get it to her on Wednesday. Talk about crocheting on a deadline:2eek

I am using Caron Perfect Match 'Mixed Green Ombre' and Bernat Super Saver 'Winter White', with a size I Hook.

Here is my progress so far.

th_Brittany1.jpg

clickable

I'm off to the pool. I need a little rest, relaxation and sun, then it's back to working on this. Good thing there is a Nascar Race on tonight...that is good crocheting time for me:D

I am so jealous of your Carons yarn lol, I am itching to try it, it looks so beautiful, I did e-mail them and asked if any stores in Ontario Canada carry it but they never replied.

I swear I should open a store myself. :hook

I love the rainbow RR.. I never thought of doing one like that... I'll have to try it.. I just got volunteered to make baby afghans.. I met a woman at the NY stste fair yesterday who lives not far from me who is in charge of getting volunteers to make baby afghans for Fort Drum Army Base.. her group is supplying the yarn they just need people to make them... I figured it would give me an excuse to try all these afghan patterns I want to try and the Round Ripple is going to be my first...

how many skeins of yarn did you have to buy to make the blended ones? I need to know before I buy yarn. Is there a pattern or instructions how to do the blended ripples?

The whole thing is double stranded, which is the way to get the blended... I used, 1 pink, 1 orange, 1 yellow, 2 green, 3 blue, and 3 purple.... I did three rounds of each, the pattern I read on here, the person only used 2, if you do the two rounds, you may not need the extra blue and purples... I also used the N hook...

BUT to try to explain the blended the way that I did it... 3 rounds pink, 3 rounds pink and orange (One strand of each), 3 rounds orange, 3 rounds orange and yellow, 3 rounds yellow, 3 rounds yellow and green, 3 rounds green, 3 rounds green and blue, 3 rounds blue, 3 rounds blue and purple, 3 rounds purple...