Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

those are beautiful, I really need to stop being so lazy and take pics of mine, maybe tomorrow

I'm back from my 2 week vacation and I did find time to crochet a round ripple (among other things). We went to AC Moore my second day in Florida, and I found a 1 pound bag of unknown yarn (no yarn name or fiber type). It was a blue and white twist, so I bought it. I had taken down some White 'I Love This Yarn' since I knew I couldn't get it down there and could use it as a filler.

I decided I would make a RR for my best friend's 4 year old grandson. He watched me in amazement as I was making it. Before he knew it was for him, I asked him how big to make it, and he held out his arms and said it needed to be that big. And that is how big I made it. I ran out of the blue and white twist on the last section, so that is why it is thinner. I didn't get to measure it, but I used almost 16 ounces of the twist and almost 7 ounces of the white. It is 30 rows. I used a size K hook. I didn't have room to lay it out flat.

th_KanesRoundRipple.jpg

th_KanesRoundRipple1.jpg

both clickable

That should be plenty of yarn. if you go to my blog and the post for aug 8th, 2007 you will see a light pink and verigated blaket. I can't remember the actual measurement of it but it is 6 rows of 6 and I think it was about 40-50 inches. i used a one pound pink and a 10 oz verigated in caron on the blanket. the bright pink and purple I used 2 7oz skeins of each on that one and i know it was bigger than the baby one. the one i made for my pastor I used 1# aran, 1.25# lavander, 1.5# of the dark plum and 15 oz of the monet and that one was about 90". Hope this helps and isn't to wordy.

HI! That does help a lot, thank you so much!! :) I'm making it rainbow, and I"m already finished with the red, orange, and almost yellow parts. I'm doing the rows in 8 red, 7 orange, 7 yellow, 6 green, 6 blue, and 5 purple. I think that might work to make them look even, even though they are different numbers. Just an idea. We'll see how it turns out. Thank you for your help! :) I'll post pictures when I can.

Victoria

Another round ripple that i have been working on... It is double strand thick, and I am doing three rounds of each, and it is coming out beautifully! I have to run to the store to pick up more green to finish what has been started, and it looks like I will need another skein of blue and purple to finish! I love the look of the rainbow!

th_IMG_9357-1.jpg

Legal Woman-wow great job on all those RR's. I have one going using the RHSS Starbright yarn that looks kind of similar. Welcome to the 'Ville.

Daiyzie-your ranibow RR looks amazing! Are you using Simply soft?

DreamsOfYarn-Your rr is gorgeous, I like the varigated yarn you used. How many rrs have you done so far?

Dayzie-Your rr looks beautiful so far, can't wait to see it when its finished.

Thank you. He sure loves it and I am pleased with how it turned out.

I have completed 10 RR afghan's, 3 RR rugs, a RR doily, and a RR small table topper. I have 2 ghans and 1 rug in the works. It seems that everyone that sees them wants one, so I keep making them.

:ty I am definitely addicted to these round ripples. Since I found the pattern, I just can't stop making them.

And thanks to everyone for the compliments on the pics I posted. You've all got me blushing.

I am currently working on a RR for myself -- what a novel idea !! It is in sage mary (a mix of dark plum and greens) with soft white and a solid dark plum. Will look very nice in my bedroom. And I am doing another RR in baby colors for a craft sale I hope to participate in during November of 2008. Just 14 months to go -- I gotta get busy. LOL LOL

Thanks again, everyone. Talk to you soon.

Debbie

Another round ripple that i have been working on... It is double strand thick, and I am doing three rounds of each, and it is coming out beautifully! I have to run to the store to pick up more green to finish what has been started, and it looks like I will need another skein of blue and purple to finish! I love the look of the rainbow!

th_IMG_9357-1.jpg

Such happy colors!!!

I love it!!

Good work!

Dayzie, I love your RR! I thought about doing a 2 stranded one, and now I'm really wanting to do that! :) I'm doing a rainbow one too, but just one stranded. Looks like it'll come out beautiful! Can't wait to see more pictures

Victoria

Yesterday, our almost-one-year-old granddaughter was visiting, and, as usual, I was crocheting when she and her mother (our daughter) came in. My granddaughter was carrying a blankie I had crocheted for her - her favorite.

I immediately put down what I was doing and went into my "stash" and started a small 9-pointed RR for her. This is the result, less than a day later:

1225969037_eecb39eb4d_m.jpg

It's small (30 inches across) - so she can carry it around if she wants. Her birthday party is tomorrow, so I'll wait until then to give it to her.

I had to share it here first, though. Made with J hook (6.00 MM), RHSS in Soft White, Pink, Dark Orchid.

Gene, that is a very pretty RR. :clap:clap

What and awesome thing you did for her. I'm sure this will become her new favorite. What a sweetie you are.

I've never seen a pattern for a 9 point. Is this your own pattern?

What a cute story I know she will love it and be very suprised tomorrow when she gets it. I love the colors keep up the great work.

Yesterday, our almost-one-year-old granddaughter was visiting, and, as usual, I was crocheting when she and her mother (our daughter) came in. My granddaughter was carrying a blankie I had crocheted for her - her favorite.

I immediately put down what I was doing and went into my "stash" and started a small 9-pointed RR for her. This is the result, less than a day later:

1225969037_eecb39eb4d_m.jpg

It's small (30 inches across) - so she can carry it around if she wants. Her birthday party is tomorrow, so I'll wait until then to give it to her.

I had to share it here first, though. Made with J hook (6.00 MM), RHSS in Soft White, Pink, Dark Orchid.

Gene, that is a very pretty RR. :clap:clap

What and awesome thing you did for her. I'm sure this will become her new favorite. What a sweetie you are.

I've never seen a pattern for a 9 point. Is this your own pattern?

Thanks Mel.

The 9-pointed RR is the result of my asking in "Seeking Patterns". The pattern was supplied there.

We are Baha'is, and the 9-pointed star is our icon.

Detail of point/border:

1227584244_c38880d27e_m.jpg

Granddaughter likes to put her fingers in the corners, so in each corner, I did sc, hdc, dc, hdc, sc to make a hole for her fingers. It doesn't show up as well as I thought it would, though.

I do not know what possesed me but....I started another one....:lol This will be my 2nd one...I had already done one in the c/a but Ive seen so many nice ones I couldnt resist the temptation and I jumped in again..I also have 2 graph ghans in tunisian going on...lol...oh well...what to do.!:lol

I finally got my camera developed, so here are some pics of rrs I got done. They're are more pictures on the link in my siggy.

th_548627-R1-18-17A_019.jpg

th_548627-R1-17-16A_018.jpg

th_548627-R1-09-8A_010.jpg

th_548627-R1-04-3A_005.jpg

th_548627-R1-03-2A_004.jpg

th_548627-R1-02-1A_003.jpg

th_548627-R1-01-0A_002.jpg

Go Champygirl!!!

I love the effect you achieved in the last one!!

I look at your pictures and it makes me wanna keep making more!!

Great work gals and guys !!:yay

I just love looking at all the new RR's They are just beautiful. Now that i'm back to work I have to try to squeeze in RR time :) but not to worry I can always find some time hehehehe. Nice to see you all in here shareing. There is nothing better than friends and your all just great!!:hug

These round ripples looks so great. I have never made one, could someone point me in the right direction for the pattern???

Thanks in advance :hug

Blondie