Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Okay, I'm officially addicted!!!

I don't have pics to share - I know!! Shame on me -- but I have nevr figured out how to reduce the size of mine to post them and honestly, I haven't even downloaded them yet.

I made my friend a RH Sweet Dreams variegated with some pink for her new born baby girl, Lila. Still have to mail it out to her.

And I'm making one for my new niece/nephew due this month. Using up some of my stash on that one too. I started with mint green, then white, variegated (baby blue, yellow, pink and some mint green) baby blue, white, I'm on the pink rounds, then white and then finish it off with some yellow and edged with white or a repeat of the variegated or something like that....

I'm doing the white every 6th row (on the small shell corner rounds).

I'll upload some pics soon.

But now I'm thinking of all of the friends I could make one of these for!!!

My list is growing -- maybe I'll finally use up my whole stash!?!?!

Okay, I'm officially addicted!!!

I don't have pics to share - I know!! Shame on me -- but I have nevr figured out how to reduce the size of mine to post them and honestly, I haven't even downloaded them yet.

I made my friend a RH Sweet Dreams variegated with some pink for her new born baby girl, Lila. Still have to mail it out to her.

And I'm making one for my new niece/nephew due this month. Using up some of my stash on that one too. I started with mint green, then white, variegated (baby blue, yellow, pink and some mint green) baby blue, white, I'm on the pink rounds, then white and then finish it off with some yellow and edged with white or a repeat of the variegated or something like that....

I'm doing the white every 6th row (on the small shell corner rounds).

I'll upload some pics soon.

But now I'm thinking of all of the friends I could make one of these for!!!

My list is growing -- maybe I'll finally use up my whole stash!?!?!

I'm glad your enjoying the CAL, I will be making one for my two oldest grandsons that are in High School in the school colors for xmas. What I like about the RR is you can making them for babies and adults just making more rounds and useing diiferant yarns. I love them, and yes you will become addicted lolol Looking forward to your photos.

Uboo, I do think 2 strands of sport will be too bulky. Of course that depends on what you mean by sport. I guess the best thing to do is to do a swatch and see what you think.

Good Afternoon Everyone Your round ripples are so beautiful!!!

We've been gone, left last friday night, to drive up the coast, it was so lovely & cool, a nice break from the furnace we live in...LOL

**We didn't get much sleep, so I've been trying to play catch-up, I think that's why we don't go very often, he he he

**I promise I'll be posting more, I already have another RR in mind, but I want to get this one finished first.... My brain is tired, so if I already posted the update on this one, please excuse me:ghug

**I sure missed everyone:manyheart

th_BlueRoundRipple03.jpg

It's Clickable!!

Bless All of you, you all are doing such beautiful work, & mine looks alright but sure doesn't match yours

Good Afternoon Everyone Your round ripples are so beautiful!!!

We've been gone, left last friday night, to drive up the coast, it was so lovely & cool, a nice break from the furnace we live in...LOL

**We didn't get much sleep, so I've been trying to play catch-up, I think that's why we don't go very often, he he he

**I promise I'll be posting more, I already have another RR in mind, but I want to get this one finished first.... My brain is tired, so if I already posted the update on this one, please excuse me:ghug

**I sure missed everyone:manyheart

th_BlueRoundRipple03.jpg

It's Clickable!!

Bless All of you, you all are doing such beautiful work, & mine looks alright but sure doesn't match yours

Goodmorning Carol, Glad to see you back :-)

nonsense! yours is definitely one that inspired me!! I've gotten lazy with color changes (HATE weaving in ends) but yours (and a few others) reminded me of how beautiful the color changes can be!

Well as I stated earlier I did manage to finish my sister's birthday present in time for her birthday. She just emailed me a picture, I think her smile says it all :cheer:manyheart:hook

tracybday.jpg

I have a question. When doing a round ripple, do you do two rounds with the shell stitch and then one round with the v stitch in the chain two spaces? or do you alternate the shell round with the v stitch round? Thank you for your help.

I have a question. When doing a round ripple, do you do two rounds with the shell stitch and then one round with the v stitch in the chain two spaces? or do you alternate the shell round with the v stitch round? Thank you for your help.

The pattern I use has 2 rounds of shell st. and one of "V" st. Yes into the ch 2 space. Welcome by the way!!! :D

Well as I stated earlier I did manage to finish my sister's birthday present in time for her birthday. She just emailed me a picture, I think her smile says it all :cheer:manyheart:hook

tracybday.jpg

I can tell from the picture that your sis is a very happy girl. You did a great job :-)

I've been working on my RR a lot lately, I've made some good progress, and I'm loving it!!

RRProgress.jpg

I'm still planning to repeat the color pattern once more so it would be double that size.

I thank everyone here for their inspiration!

:hook

can I join, I know this has been going for a while but I finally got enough things done I was able to start my first round ripple and I'm already in love with it

can I join, I know this has been going for a while but I finally got enough things done I was able to start my first round ripple and I'm already in love with it

Yes Kel you can join, It's never to late :)

WE have kept this CAL going for sometime and as long as people want it open and are active we will just keep those hooks a working hehehehe. Looking forward to seeing you photos and letting us know how your progress is going. Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY! I'm in love totally, I started a 12 pt and got it way done yesterday hoping to finish it tonight, actually gonna use it as a rug in the reading area of my classroom.

I also started to try to improvise a 24 pt, not working so well think I need an actual pattern for that one.

And I'm using up tons of leftover yarn woohoo!!!

YAY! I'm in love totally, I started a 12 pt and got it way done yesterday hoping to finish it tonight, actually gonna use it as a rug in the reading area of my classroom.

I also started to try to improvise a 24 pt, not working so well think I need an actual pattern for that one.

http://www.tamemymind.com/artscrafts/2007/05/16/6point_to_24point_round_ripple_blanket_greens_blues_multi.php

http://madcrochetingfool1.blogspot.com/2007/04/12-point-to-24-point-round-ripple.html

here are two blogs that have patterns on how to make a 24 point round ripple. hope this helps.:cheer

How's everyone doing???

I'm still working on my RR, and (of course) I'm already thinking of making another one (getting addicted, don't you think?!!)

I got the Lion Brand newsletter the other day and I notice they came out with a new acrylic yarn (Vanna's Choice), so I went to my local Michael's and, lucky me!!, they already had it.:yarn

They got such pretty colors and it feels so soft that I couldn't resist so I had no other choice but to stash it up, hopefully I'll get a RR out of it.

:hook

Vanna's Choice

I'm so happy to see you so excited. You will have a great time in here and so many wonderful ladies to help out if you have any problems. Glad you joined us.

got my first one done, I took a pic but I still have to get it loaded on to my second one, this is addicting

originally I was going to do another 8 rows of lt blue and two of white but then I realized it wouldn't fit between the bookshelves in my reading corner, so it' ended up at 33 in, I used leftover RHSS lt blue, navy, lt lavender, and white

roundripple1.jpg

Let's see, my first post here, but I want to say that I am addicted to the RR's! I am just finishing up a second spiderman one, and am trying to figure out what colors I have to make a baby blanket! I will post pics as I get Spidey done.

got my first one done, I took a pic but I still have to get it loaded on to my second one, this is addicting

originally I was going to do another 8 rows of lt blue and two of white but then I realized it wouldn't fit between the bookshelves in my reading corner, so it' ended up at 33 in, I used leftover RHSS lt blue, navy, lt lavender, and white

roundripple1.jpg

Beautiful. I have some similar colors in my scrap collection and was wondering how they would look together, now I have an idea and i think when I finish the one I am working on i will start another one using those colors.:think