Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

I am doing Chrome Kitty's Rainbow Round Ripple Star.

I have a problem I crochet on the tigher side.

The pattern calls for a H and I tried that and it would not lay flat. So I went up a hook.

The problem with that is that 13 round measure 18 inches and with the colors etc the baby afghan willbe over 50 inches>>>

Help

Don't worry. I used a J on mine, and it turned out pretty well. You could just do fewer rows per round, or fewer rounds.

great job on your rr love the colors

This one is made with RHSS Starbright, Hot Pink, Cornmeal, Turquoise and white.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q105/Craftymomma/DCP_0776.jpg

This one is TLC Brownberry varigated, RHSS Coffee, and Aran

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q105/Craftymomma/DCP_0777.jpg

This one is for a coworker having a boy. It reminds me of Crayola crayons. It is RHSS Mexicana, Hot Red, Royal, Bright Yellow, Hot Red, and a green I can't remember.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q105/Craftymomma/DCP_0778.jpg

Morning Ladies,

Well I'm doing it agin, I took a little time off and worked on a couple other projects but now it's my turn. I started a RR for myself yesterday. Yep just for me!! lol I love to crochet but i never seem to have any of the things I make. I always love giving them to others so now it's my turn I guess hehehe. I will be posting a picture as I make a little more progress on it. Have a great day and enjoy your weekend. :hug

Is it too late to join the cal?I have a round ripple I have started on but just cant seem to get motivated to finish it.If I dont finish it will probably end up in my ufo pile which I try to keep to a mimimum.

Shannon

We would love to have you join us. As you can see tho we have so much fun making these we become addicted lolol WE will look forward to you progress pictures and hope to see you here a lot. ;-)

If you are still taking members I saw this thread and couldn't resist starting my own round ripple. I'm using a J hook and red heart yarn. I haven't done much crochet recently because I got hooked on other things but it seems pretty simple and so far looks right:xfin Here is a pic.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/zirnsgirl/?action=view&current=IMG_0596.jpg

:hook JUDITH

If you are still taking members I saw this thread and couldn't resist starting my own round ripple. I'm using a J hook and red heart yarn. I haven't done much crochet recently because I got hooked on other things but it seems pretty simple and so far looks right:xfin Here is a pic.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/zirnsgirl/?action=view&current=IMG_0596.jpg

:hook JUDITH

It's never to late to join, were very happy to have you here. I checked out your photo and I love the colors. There are some real beautys in here. The ladies work very hard and have wonderful results. I sure hope to get to know you better so please stop in often and we will look forward to your progress :-) Watch out you won't be able to do just one lolol

Judith, I love the way the purple and green jump out on your RR! I'm so in love with that color combo these days. Most of my efforts, when I do make a RR, though, are on the Van Gogh cal...where the colors are blended. I love the look EITHER way!

i have a question. i am doing my round ripple with a g hook and i tend to crochet kinda tight. should i have used a larger hook? already on the second skien so there is no way i am undoing all this work but just for future reference.

If your RR is laying fairly flat and you like the way it looks, there is no reason to go to a bigger hook. The tighter tension will make it a little stiffer sometimes, but, if it works for you, go with it. :)

i have a question. i am doing my round ripple with a g hook and i tend to crochet kinda tight. should i have used a larger hook? already on the second skien so there is no way i am undoing all this work but just for future reference.

Myself, I use a H hook on all mine and they are just fine but I like mine a little tighter but I have noticed a lot of the ladies use a J hook. So really it's just what ever you like and if the results are a RR that lays nice and flat. They are all beautiful :-)

I've only done two so far, and I used two strands of yarn for both. On the first one I used an N hook and RHSS. The next one was done with Lion Brand Homespun and a Q hook.

The Q hook one was a little on the limp side, I prefer them a little stiffer, with some body.

I haven't done one with only one strand of yarn yet.

Using two strands and the N hook got the job done VERY quickly, though.

I started my first round ripple today. I am using RHSS yarn in pretty 'n pink, shocking pink, black and RHSS multi candy print. I m only at the 6th round so far, but I think it looks pretty :) I will post a couple of pictures later on today or tomorrow :)

I am going to try to be done in twelve days, because it is going to be a b-day present for myself :)

Ok I am just about done, finally, I took many breaks LOL. My question is, do you do a special type of edging or do you just crochet you last round and leave it ? I wanted some type of edging that includes the 3 colors I used throughout the rr, any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Ok I am just about done, finally, I took many breaks LOL. My question is, do you do a special type of edging or do you just crochet you last round and leave it ? I wanted some type of edging that includes the 3 colors I used throughout the rr, any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I used a sedge stitch (sc, hdc, dc, sk 2, repeat - also done as sc, dc, dc, sk 2, repeat) - makes a nice shallow scallop. Then for the points of the ripple, I did a 5 ch picot (ch 5, sl st in last sc). The picot makes the point stand out of the scalloped edge.

i tried doing a shell type finish but did not like it so i just used a rsc and its worked great!

"malin" (don't know your name:) ) - those colors are fantastic! It looks so beautiful:yay

Malin is my name :) and thank you :hook

I have been wanting to do a RR ever since I saw one, but I could not find any color combos I liked. I went in to A.C. Moore on a whim and I just saw those colors laying together and I knew that those were the ones I wanted.

[quote name='redbird51']where did you get that chair?[/quote]
I am not certain. My husband has had it for years, since before my time. But I'll ask him :)