Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

okay our J is a 6mm..I think I will try that..

thanks everyone, I will post pics soon.

Let us know how it works out with that size.

Personally, I'd use a bigger hook. But that is just my personal preference when it comes to 2 stranders. For 2 strander ghans, the smallest I go is a size N....unless it is thin yarn. Rugs, smaller hook.....ghans, bigger hook.

Thanks, Champygirl! It was such fun making such a small blanket.

And I wouldn't use a J hook with 2 strands of WW...comes out too thick and heavy. I see that my P hook is 11 1/2 (11.5?) so I would stay in that range at least. I assume the Q must be a 12...

you were all right, the biggest hook I have here is a 7, and I did the first four rows, and it was too thick. So I tried one strand with a 5 hook, and that is too slow for me, I will go to Michaels tomorrow and get a larger hook..I hope I can work with one, I am not used to the large hooks.

you were all right, the biggest hook I have here is a 7, and I did the first four rows, and it was too thick. So I tried one strand with a 5 hook, and that is too slow for me, I will go to Michaels tomorrow and get a larger hook..I hope I can work with one, I am not used to the large hooks.

You'll get used to it - the hardest part is beginning it - but once you have a bit of the pattern going, the large hook is fun!

You'll get used to it - the hardest part is beginning it - but once you have a bit of the pattern going, the large hook is fun!

thanks Judianne btw my name is Barb, but it was taken when I registered either name is fine, but I wanted to give my real name also :) I am looking at my size 7 and it scaring me lol..but I am heading to Michaels for a bigger one this morning.:hook

V-hooked - what colors are you working with? I can't remember if you said....

I've got tans and light browns to match my couch!! My mom loved the colors!!

I'm starting today on my first attemp to make a RR.

Wish me luck!!

No luck needed...after making one you'll be "hooked" and looking for the next color combo!

This is a baby RR I finished in the last few weeks as a gift. I'm pleased with the way these turn out in Bernat Baby Coordinates, and they wash up soooooooo soft!

DSC01421.jpg

Hope you like it. I really enjoy seeing all the different color combinations people come up with. Makes this one seem rather pedestrian ....

Pretty RRs everyone,,

Can I play with this simple RR with Light and Lofty yarn and the grey hook?

:eek mode lately so maybe this will help jumpstart my lazy self. Thanks gang:yes

Very Pretty RR's, everyone.

This isn't a ghan (my 2nd one that isn't a ghan), but it is a rr. I am trying my best to get this one done, and I have 10 days to do it. I hope to have it the size of a table topper. I want to have this done so I can take it to Florida to give to my best friend (along with all the other goodies I've made her).

This is a 2 strander THREAD rr. :eek It is black and white, red and white, and a row of white that has sparklies in it.

What have I gotten myself into?? I do believe I may have bitten off more than I can chew this time. I did let her know that it probably won't be done by the time I leave (all she knows is that I have a wip for her in thread), so she will be able to see me in action while I'd down there scrambling to get it done. At least it is thread and not a heavy yarn. If I do have to finish it down there, I'd hate to be working on a yarn rr in the Florida heat.

th_NancysDoubleStrandRR1a.jpg

clickable

This is a baby RR I finished in the last few weeks as a gift. I'm pleased with the way these turn out in Bernat Baby Coordinates, and they wash up soooooooo soft!

DSC01421.jpg

Hope you like it. I really enjoy seeing all the different color combinations people come up with. Makes this one seem rather pedestrian ....

I love the pink and white...I think it's beautiful..

ugg, I am frustrated I tried using a 10 hook, and I can't get used to the big hook, not sure if I should try one strand or try a J or K..I hate when I can't dive right into a project :no

ugg, I am frustrated I tried using a 10 hook, and I can't get used to the big hook, not sure if I should try one strand or try a J or K..I hate when I can't dive right into a project :no

It does take a while to get the hang of a big hook. I remember the first time I used a big hook.....felt like I was trying to crochet with a bat.

Just keep practicing. It does get easier.

baseball bat lol that was a needed laugh..

okay here is where I am confused, if I do one strand what size hook should I use in Canadian Sizing? I'd appreciate any help..thanks so much :)

When I use 1 strand of ww, I usually use either a size H or I, depending on the thickness of the yarn. Lets see....that would be 5.0 or 5.5 (I use Boye hooks). I just match the hook to the size the yarn label says, then if it's not quite right, I adjust the hook size up or down.

Hope that helps and doesn't confuse ya!

Hello everyone

I have not been able to post because of my husband having a heartattack and my daughter having surgery. But I have completed two round ripples. Since July 3rd.

Salli

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to here about your hubby and your daughter. I pray that they are on the road to recovery. You will be in my prayers.

I'm happy to here that during your hubands recovery you were able to find comfort in your crocheting. It can be very relaxing and soothing. May God Bless You ANd Your Family.

thanks so much to all who helped me out, I don't know anyone offline who crochets, so it's great to know I can come here for help..

great bunch here...

I started my RR and am on Round 11, I will post a pic when I get all my colours introduced.

thanks so much again :clap

thanks so much to all who helped me out, I don't know anyone offline who crochets, so it's great to know I can come here for help..

great bunch here...

I started my RR and am on Round 11, I will post a pic when I get all my colours introduced.

thanks so much again :clap

So glad to hear things are going well :yes

Round 11...wow...your hook must be smokin' :lol

DSC01421.jpg

This is such a cute baby RR blanket!!

I love everything baby related.

In fact, the first blankets that are made were baby blankets

I was so frustrated yesterday, because for some reason I wasn't reading the pattern right so I kept getting stuck in rnd 4 & 5. It just didn't work, it kept curling up.

So I put it down for hours and before I went to sleep I tried it again, and guess what IT WORKED!!

I'm using one strand of RH SS and an H hook. Besides this being my first time doing a RR it is also my first time using RH SS!

So far I'm at rnd 6, hoping to get some more work done today after I get off work, also waiting for my color change!!