Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

I am working on a rr for a baby, how big should it be and how many rows I should make it?

the number of rows depends on the size hook you are using. i would say between 35 and 40 inches for a regular sized baby blanket but i like to make my baby blankets bigger. i go between 40 and 50 inches. check out my blog, the light pink and verigated is about 56 inches and 36 rows using a j hook, and was quite a bit smaller than the pink and purple one. hope this helps.:yarn

Where is everworkiyone :)

Hope your enjoying the day.

I was wondering the same thing. it has been cooler here so i know i have been busy working on my rr's

Hi everyone!

Everyone's RR's are just beautiful!!

I'm here in sunny Florida on vacation and having a great time. I went to AC Moore and bought some yarn. I am making a RR for my Sister/Best Friend's grandson. He fell in love with the yarn I bought at AC Moore, and wanted to know what I was going to make for him. I am making him a RR.....hope to have pic's soon.

Good to see everyone here today. I know what you mean about being busy. It's been so hot here in AR. It was 107 yesterday and 105 today. YIKES!!! To hot to crochet thats for sure. I'll just have a glass of sweet tea thankyou lolol

Thanks for posting, I look forward to seeing your post so when everyone is gone I get lonely :yes

Have a great evening :hug

gotta take my camera to work tomorrow I have 4 baby size RR on the floor in the reading area of my classroom it makes it look really homey and comfy.

gotta take my camera to work tomorrow I have 4 baby size RR on the floor in the reading area of my classroom it makes it look really homey and comfy.

You go girl, SOunds like you have been busy. The kids will love them i'm sure. Can't wait to see your pictures.

I signed up for this CAL a little while ago and just thought I'd drop in to say I have been keeping up with my RR "sofa-ghan". We've had a bit of a hot spell lately and it's been too much to have that on my lap. Not as hot as some of you have been having it though - don't envy you in that heat! It's quite a bit cooler today though and I think the forecast is the same for a few days so hopefully I can pick it up again this week.

I have taken a pic of the progress I have made so far but need to sort myself out with a photobucket account or something so that I can show you all!

I love making RR's and I know my Mum wants one so I'll get to do another one sometime - she's just gotta decide what colours she wants and she doesn't make decisions very easily (gets confused!!!!!).

Anyway, I'll be back soon with some pics.....

I sent the Lynn's rr pattern to a friend and she was having a heck of a time with the blanket puckering, we just went over the pattern and I am wondering if this is a typo?

in round nine she says to repeat two rows of large shell and two rows of small shell..

I hadn't noticed that before and have done all mine in two rows of large shells and one row of small shells.

So now I am wondering if it's a typo and that is what is causing my friends problem with the pattern?

I sent the Lynn's rr pattern to a friend and she was having a heck of a time with the blanket puckering, we just went over the pattern and I am wondering if this is a typo?

in round nine she says to repeat two rows of large shell and two rows of small shell..

I hadn't noticed that before and have done all mine in two rows of large shells and one row of small shells.

So now I am wondering if it's a typo and that is what is causing my friends problem with the pattern?

I use Lyn's pattern and I do the two rounds of large shells with 2 rounds of small shells and have never had a problem. the only one i had a problem with was my spider gahn I did and the problem was I didn't read the pattern and did all large shells.

Just wondering if she missed the one spot on the point where you push the shell back and put one more dc in that space. I did that with the first star gahn that I made and it puckered.

Take a look at my blog and you can see how they turned out. Hope this helps.

I use Lyn's pattern and I do the two rounds of large shells with 2 rounds of small shells and have never had a problem. the only one i had a problem with was my spider gahn I did and the problem was I didn't read the pattern and did all large shells.

Just wondering if she missed the one spot on the point where you push the shell back and put one more dc in that space. I did that with the first star gahn that I made and it puckered.

Take a look at my blog and you can see how they turned out. Hope this helps.

thanks so much, she is an internet friend and lives in Chicago so I have been teaching to crochet over the phone, I think we may have figured out the problem she was using WW yarn for most of it and a sport weight for some rounds, I think that may have caused the puckering.

I have made quite a few round ripples, I do 2 rows of large shell and 1 row of small shell and haven't had any puckering problems at all. When I tried doing 2 and 2, I did have a puckering problem, so I am sticking with the 2 large and 1 small.

Yes, using 2 different weights of yarn will sometimes cause puckering. I was dealing with that while making the one I'm currently working on, I just change the size of the hook with the thinner weight and it is working out just fine now.

Hi Ladies,

It's good to see you all here. Fall is sneeking up on us and I know that really brings out those hooks.:clap It's been so hot here in AR that I just have not been working on mine much. We have had a week or more of 100 degree temps. :hot

Have a wonderful day and I will be checking in often.:ghug

Hi Ladies,

It's good to see you all here. Fall is sneeking up on us and I know that really brings out those hooks.:clap It's been so hot here in AR that I just have not been working on mine much. We have had a week or more of 100 degree temps. :hot

Have a wonderful day and I will be checking in often.:ghug

our whole month of july was 95-104 and I live in montana. talk about misreable. very unseasonably warm. :eek

th_pastorsblanket.jpg

My pastors blanket is finally done. It is huge, I think about 90 inches. haven't had a chance to measure it accuretly. just going by how many color sections and how big each one is. The finished pic is a little fuzzy as I took it with my phone instead of my digital camera. I will get a better pic of it later and post again when I get to where I can lay it out flat.

th_Picture654.jpg

This was right after I started it. Kind of a before and after.

:clap:cheerI can't believe its finally done!!!!

I live in Minnesota and it has been crazy hot ever since June in my mind. I sometimes get cold from my dh having the ac running too cold for me so my RR keeps me warm.

I finished my Mexican RR for my coworkers baby boy to be. I will post pics tonight hopefully.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q105/Craftymomma/DCP_0817.jpg

SueB, very nice RR!