Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

It is never too late to join.

Here is the pattern I use. I have made quite a few, and it is an easy pattern.

http://www.sewonfire.com/round_ripple_afghan.htm

There is a mistake in row 3. The correction can be found here in this post, along with other helpful information.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=29245

Hope this helps, and have fun. A word of caution....round ripples are highly addictive :yes

Is it too late to join??

I would like to make one but I can't find a pattern on the internet!!!

http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html

this was on post 10...not sure if there are any errors in the pattern...it's a baby RR...there are many patterns around...Crochet Dad has a great one using 2 strands of yarn and a big hook!

...and I came in late to this CAL - it seems to have no end date in sight:lol

Thank you DreamsOfYarn and judianne!!!

Count me in then!!!:cheer

I've got a gift card from Michaels, and I'm off to go spend it to make me a round ripple blanket!!:yarn

I'll be back soon...

http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html

this was on post 10...not sure if there are any errors in the pattern...it's a baby RR...there are many patterns around...Crochet Dad has a great one using 2 strands of yarn and a big hook!

...and I came in late to this CAL - it seems to have no end date in sight:lol

I am using the angel kiss pattern and it's my second only rr..my first being last week, I started last night and am on row 15, no errors in pattern and very quick and easy for a newbie to rr's like me.

I am using two strands, and an 5 hook...it's working up beautiful.

here it is in progress, I am using two strands of bernat baby in antique and two of TLC baby in lilac.

July2207010.jpg

This is so pretty!!! Love the color combination - alot!:yay

thanks so much, what I like about the rr's are the colour combos are never ending...I am going to finish it off with a border of one strand of each colour, maybe a shell border ..and the yarn I am using is from my stash, which is great, I got overwelmed looking at it all recently :ohdear

Got the yarn already!!

I'll give it a try this weekend!!

It will be my first attemp to make a round ripple, or even a ripple at all!

oh thanks so much, it's only my second attempt, and I am thrilled with how easy and quick they go...I am addicted already :lol

Really pretty uboo64, I love the colour combination and pattern on your RR.

I'm using similar colours for my neices new blanket, I'm doing a regular ripple though.

And you're right thr RR's are soooo addictive, I made one on the Van Gogh CAL and I'm working on another for this CAL too!! (Which reminds me I must take pics!!)

OK, this isn't a RR ghan, but it is a RR. I made this in size 10 thread. It is a little over 12" point to point. I will be taking this with me to Florida in 2 weeks to give to my best friend. This will match her color scheme in her newly remodeled kitchen. She has no idea I made this for her. I share with her every crochet project I make, with the exception of this one. This is my secret project ;)

I still need to put an edging on it. I am looking for an easy way to edge it, since I am crocheting with braces on both wrists and am currently in a neck brace too :(

As you can see, one of my cats (Andy) just had to get in the picture. Every time I moved the RR, he moved with it.

th_NancysThreadRipple1a.jpg

clickable

Oh Mel!!

She will love it. THats so pretty/ I never thought of making one in thread as a doily for a center piece for the dining table. Your work is just wonderful. Please take care of your self and I hope that you get back on the mend very soon. Have a safe trip and have a great time. You will be in my prayers :)

This is a RR I made for my preemie (VERY PREEMIE in size: 2.2 lbs) great (or is it grand?) nephew. Our niece's son...Dean...born on 7/19

th_HPIM0240.jpg

(clickable)

White and Caron SS in Soft blue....lighting isn't good indoors!

Hello everyone

I have not been able to post because of my husband having a heartattack and my daughter having surgery. But I have completed two round ripples. Since July 3rd.

Salli

Everyone's round ripples are just beautiful. Great work everyone :clap:clap

Hello everyone

I have not been able to post because of my husband having a heartattack and my daughter having surgery. But I have completed two round ripples. Since July 3rd.

Salli

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband and daughter. I hope all is going well for them, and for you.

Hello everyone

Salli

Crocheting is the best tranquilizer...bless you and your family:hug :manyheart

Judianne I am sorry to hear your are going through hard times, my thoughts to you and your family..

everyones RR's are stunning!

I have a question, I have finshed one RR in baby cooridnates using two strands, and the one I am working on is in baby sport yarn using two strands.

Okay I just went to Michaels and bought some WW yarn to make an adult RR..should I do it in two strands or one? and what is the difference?

Judianne I am sorry to hear your are going through hard times, my thoughts to you and your family..

everyones RR's are stunning!

I have a question, I have finshed one RR in baby cooridnates using two strands, and the one I am working on is in baby sport yarn using two strands.

Okay I just went to Michaels and bought some WW yarn to make an adult RR..should I do it in two strands or one? and what is the difference?

TY for your kind words...little Dean is feisty, according to his nurse...she's very hopeful for him.

CrochetDad has done the RR in WW with 2 strands and eiter an N or Q hook - I forget, and I can't find the pattern at the moment. With the Q hook and 2 strands it should go faster and be very fluffy....

TY for your kind words...little Dean is feisty, according to his nurse...she's very hopeful for him.

CrochetDad has done the RR in WW with 2 strands and eiter an N or Q hook - I forget, and I can't find the pattern at the moment. With the Q hook and 2 strands it should go faster and be very fluffy....

thanks so much, since I posted I have been checking back here every two minutes lol I have two bags of beautiful yarn just waiting for me..it's like waiting for X-mas..

I think I will go with the double...I am making this for my daughters 96 year old great-grandma. :)

thanks so much, since I posted I have been checking back here every two minutes lol I have two bags of beautiful yarn just waiting for me..it's like waiting for X-mas..

I think I will go with the double...I am making this for my daughters 96 year old great-grandma. :)

Then the Q hook would be better - less weight on a frail person -- IMO:hook

good thinking :) I am in Canada, do you know what size a Q would be here?

I agree. It will be heavy using 2 strands of ww, so using a bigger hook will lessen the weight.

I have made round ripple rugs with 2 strands and they work up fast. I used a smaller hook (J or K) so there would be less holes, and they are kinda heavy. IMO, the bigger the hook for 2 strands, the better.