Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

th_IMG_9733.jpg

th_IMG_9732.jpg

Well, here is my last minute wedding blanket! It is spread across our queen size bed to check the size, I am adding another set of the white, green, white and then edging it in the green. I bought the yarn on Friday afternoon, and it will probably only be another day or two until it is finished.

Thank you Carol!

I am using 1 strand of yarn.

Here is the pattern I always use:

http://www.sewonfire.com/round_ripple_afghan.htm

There is a mistake in row 3. In the pattern it reads:

rnd 3: ch 3, skip 1 st, * 1 dc, ch 2, 1 dc in next st. repeat from * ending with 1 dc in base of ch 3, ch 2, sl st in top of ch 3.

It should read:

rnd 3: ch 3, *skip 1 st, 1 dc, ch 2, 1 dc in next st. repeat from * ending with 1 dc in base of ch 3, ch 2, sl st in top of ch 3.

But I don't do row 3 that way. Instead of skipping 1 stitch, I do a dc. That way it is not so holey. I like the stitches a little closer together in that row.

Here is a link to lots of tips and tricks:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29245

Thanks, Mel, for such a quick response!!!!!! :hook

I'm heading out this weekend to find me some cool colors to begin some RR's and hopefully they'll turn out just as lovely as yours!!

Again, thanks for the response, as well as supplying me with the pattern and links to aid in my attempt for my RR!! :manyheart

Carol

th_IMG_9733.jpg

th_IMG_9732.jpg

Well, here is my last minute wedding blanket! It is spread across our queen size bed to check the size, I am adding another set of the white, green, white and then edging it in the green. I bought the yarn on Friday afternoon, and it will probably only be another day or two until it is finished.

Wow you're quick and it's gorgeous, I would love that as a wedding gift, 21 years ago before I knew a thing about crochet my Aunt did a white ripple ghan for me, I still have it, coffee makers etc break down, ghan love is forever :)

Very nice, I bet they will love it!

th_IMG_9733.jpg

th_IMG_9732.jpg

Thank you all for your responses...I found the Mary Maxim kit and am considering ordering it but first I'll check locally to see if I can find the yarn, I just like to touch yarn before I buy it, I'm sure you all can understand!

The more I read on this thread, the more ideas I get.

Mel, your RR with the variegated yarn really got my head to spinning, considering all the possibilities. Crochetdad your RR with the textured stitches is really cool, too.

I'm just amazed at all the creativity I see here. I just have to read less & crochet more!

Uboo & Sue, Thanks for your input, it's so nice to be able to talk crochet.

Kazily... I showed my oldest the spiderweb RR... she wants me to make her one but leave a hole in the center so she can wear it as a poncho... I'm supposed to have it done by Halloween... just one question... How did you do the white web? I keep telling her she needs to grow up a little ..she is 28 but she says "not until you do Mom" ... kids...

A While back, I made my Mom a straight ripple ghan when she was in the hospital. I am now making her a RR for Christmas. The straight ripple was done in black and different colors of variegated. We named it her Stained Glass Ghan. I decided to make this one similar. This RR is done in black and 1 color of variegated.

She keeps asking me when I am going to make her a RR. Hopefully I can put her off until Christmas. If not, she will get this one early, then I will make her another one for Christmas.

Here is her Stained Glass Straight Ripple Ghan

th_momsghan1.jpg

clickable

Here is the progress on her Stained Glass RR

th_MomsStainedGlassRR1-1.jpg

clickable

MEL, I just LOVE your afghans. So colorful and cheerful !!

Debbie

th_IMG_9733.jpg

th_IMG_9732.jpg

This is just gorgeous!!!

I'll show mine soon!!

I finished this last night, but didn't take pictures until today. I'm very proud of this, since I designed it myself. :hook

1368729509_597a25ecd0_m.jpg1369630842_322296a3d7_m.jpg

< - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -( Clickable )- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >

1369631008_a1cc3f0134_m.jpg1369630926_2220d76aac_m.jpg

Measures approximately 63 inches across. Yarn is Red Heart Super Saver in Soft White with 2 strands using an M (9 mm) hook.

Everyone in the family who has seen it expectantly says "Who is it for?" I take their expression and tone to mean they would be an appreciative recipient. Just the reaction I cherish :manyheart

I finished this last night, but didn't take pictures until today. I'm very proud of this, since I designed it myself. :hook

Measures approximately 63 inches across. Yarn is Red Heart Super Saver in Soft White with 2 strands using an M (9 mm) hook.

Everyone in the family who has seen it expectantly says "Who is it for?" I take their expression and tone to mean they would be an appreciative recipient. Just the reaction I cherish :manyheart

I love it, great job!!!

Wow, that is absolutely beautiful. :yes I would be very proud, too. What a great idea to put the popcorn stitches in for texture. Just gorgeous!

BEAUTIFUL.. Do you plan on writing up your design to sale... I would love to have it...

Gene, once again you have made a gorgeous RR. I always look forward to seeing your latest creations. I wish I had the patience to make the popcorn stitch. Maybe one of these days....

Great Job :clap:clap

Back to my RR now....it's almost done :D

Thought I'd post a pic of the progress on Mom's Stained Glass RR. It is getting close to being done :cheer

I wasn't sure about the color pattern I chose to use, so I hung it on the wall and sat back and looked at it for a bit. I like it. A Lot. I see more of these (with a different variegated yarn for each one) in my future. Looks like this may end up being the color pattern I will use for the Christmas presents I am going to make.

th_MomsStainedGlassRR2.jpg

clickable

Honest opinions are always greatly appreciated ;)

Gene that is breathtaking, I love taht pattern it is so elegant

Mel it looks great, can't wait to see the finished product

Mel,

Thanks for the kind words.

Your newest creation really jumps out at you. I love the way you have arranged the rounds with varying sizes. That Artist Print is really cool!

Thought I'd post a pic of the progress on Mom's Stained Glass RR. It is getting close to being done :cheer

I wasn't sure about the color pattern I chose to use, so I hung it on the wall and sat back and looked at it for a bit. I like it. A Lot. I see more of these (with a different variegated yarn for each one) in my future. Looks like this may end up being the color pattern I will use for the Christmas presents I am going to make.

th_MomsStainedGlassRR2.jpg

clickable

Honest opinions are always greatly appreciated ;)

Mom's Stained Glass RR is done :clap

I finished it up last night, but didn't have adequate lighting to take a picture of it. My Dad saw it last night when he came to pick up and then brought my DD home. He fell in love with it and said whoever gets it will be very lucky. I told him he would get to see it every day, that it was for mom for Christmas. He said it will match the straight ripple, and I told him that is why I made it with these colors.

th_MomsStainedGlassRRDone.jpg

clickable