Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Foot ball mom.....that ripple is so pretty....I love it...reminds me of candy...

Well I finally finished mine this morning....It is on a queen sized bed....it goes over the edges a bit...it measures 67 inches from one point to the other. Thank you for the pattern Aggie May! I love it.

th_Roundripple-1.jpg

FootballMom- beautiful round ripple. You did a good job matching the yarn to the fabric. Great Job :clap:clap

rikel- very pretty round ripple! Great Job :clap:clap

DreamsOfYarn-Your rr is looking good. I like the yarn your using its very pretty. What is the varigated yarn your using?

Thank you! The variegated I'm using on this one is RHSS, and the color is Bay Print. I bought it on clearance, and I hope I have enough.

:hi Hi everyone ~ although I'm not officially in this CAL I thought I'd post pics of what I've been working on. Yes, I will be joining this CAL because I've found out that these round ripples ARE VERY MUCH ADDICTIVE!! I plan on making some for Christmas presents!

I've been working on dishcloths for Christmas and here are some that I've done in the round ripple pattern:

th_100_0083.jpg

I started a rr today but stopped because I thought that I was doing it wrong. Is it supposed to have 12 points? What weight is the yarn supposed to be 4ply or a bigger ply? I have seen all the beautiful ones and I wanted to make one too. Thanks for all your help,britt:manyheart

I have been working on 2 RR's and a MAM for a while now. I used to only do one thing at a time. That all ended when I found too many things I wanted to make because of hanging out on Crochetville. :lol

This RR is made of the new Cotton-Ease, not because it had to be cotton, but because the colors were right. I made this for my sister for her vacation home in Florida...so I guess the cotton works for that!

Finished size is approx, 78 inches...she said big was good, and she paid for all the yarn. At $4.99 a 3.5 ounce skein, it was a considerable amount. I am used to using Caron One Pound, or RRSS for afghans, as I am the economical sister. NO vacation home here...we are lucky to have one house! How many can you live in at one time anyway?

The first picture is of the couch fabric that she wanted to match. I think we did a good job matching it.

Sharon3.jpg

Florida004.jpg

Florida002.jpg

Florida003.jpg

The border is three rows of single crochet, followed by a row of reverse single crochet so it would have a "finished" edge.

I never worked with cotton or a cotton blend before, but I might have to now. This afghan is so soft! Might have to place an order online for some Peaches and Cream!

Gorgeous! Beautiful color combinations!

I started a rr today but stopped because I thought that I was doing it wrong. Is it supposed to have 12 points? What weight is the yarn supposed to be 4ply or a bigger ply? I have seen all the beautiful ones and I wanted to make one too. Thanks for all your help,britt:manyheart

It depends on which pattern you are using. Some patterns have 8 points, some 12, and I'm sure there are others with different numbers of points as well. All the ones I've done have had 12 points. I usually use 4 ply, but have used thinner and thicker as well. As long as you are using the right hook for the weight of the yarn, you are good to go!!

Hope that helps.

I am using a G hook is that going to be ok to use with 4ply? I used some caron the other day and I thought that it was softer then the rhss. How does the rhss usually wash up, how about the caron? I am very new the this world and have only made up one successful project and I have not washed it yet. I just thought I would ask the experts if that is ok with you.Thanks britt:manyheart

I am using a G hook is that going to be ok to use with 4ply? I used some caron the other day and I thought that it was softer then the rhss. How does the rhss usually wash up, how about the caron? I am very new the this world and have only made up one successful project and I have not washed it yet. I just thought I would ask the experts if that is ok with you.Thanks britt:manyheart

I normally check the label on the yarn to see what hook they suggest, then either go with that size or I go up one size. The smaller the hook, the tighter the weave will be. So it depends on how tight or loose you want the texture to be.

The RHSS softens up after washing it. Most yarns do soften up some after washing and drying. RHSS is one of the 'rougher' acrylic yarns right off the skein.

Which pattern are you using?

:hi Hi everyone ~ although I'm not officially in this CAL I thought I'd post pics of what I've been working on. Yes, I will be joining this CAL because I've found out that these round ripples ARE VERY MUCH ADDICTIVE!! I plan on making some for Christmas presents!

I've been working on dishcloths for Christmas and here are some that I've done in the round ripple pattern:

th_100_0083.jpg

Are you useing peaches and cream yarn ?

To those who are interested, I've posted the pattern for my 9-pointed Popcorn Round Ripple Afghan to my Etsy Store. which I just opened (and already sold several!). The pattern is the only thing there now, but I plan to add more things soon.

1368729509_597a25ecd0_m.jpg1369630842_322296a3d7_m.jpg

< - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -( Clickable )- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >

1369631008_a1cc3f0134_m.jpg1369630926_2220d76aac_m.jpg

I've been so busy in the last few days, I haven't had a chance to let you all know how beautiful all the new RRs are.

Debbie - no fair (two at once) both look great! My wife loves purple and green.

FootballMom - yes, you certainly matched the colors. I agree - Crochetville keeps my hook heated up! And I use RHSS and Caron One Pound quite a bit, too. I've never tried an afghan in cotton, but I might have to now!

Olga - nice job. Good choice of colors.

Kim (doxiesr4me) - cool idea! I've tried making RR coasters with thread - takes a long time, though. Your dishcloths are great!

britt - I use a 9-pointed pattern and usually use RHSS (Red Heart Super Saver) a worsted weight yarn with 2 strands on the hook (from M to P) I've also used a single strand with a J hook and it turns out great, it just takes more rounds for the same size. For single strand, like Mel, I usually check the label and go one up from there.

FootballMom-Your rr is gorgeous, I like the green and the red you used. It matches the couch fabric beautifully.

irikel-Your rr is bold and very pretty, the colors look very warm and cozy.

doxiesr4me-What a great idea and your dishcloths are pretty.

ginamaria73

irikel

DreamsofYarn

Yarnjeannie

CrochetDad

Champygirl

LegalWoman17

Thanks to all of you for your compliments and kind words! This sure is a great place to hang out. And crocheting could be cheaper than therapy...if only I could stay out of yarn stores.

I've made some progress on the 'Shady Blues' RR :clap

I was hoping to have more done, but I spent most of yesterday afternoon shopping and going to the library with my DD. Maybe I'll get some crochet time in tonight when I get home from work, and tomorrow since I don't work on Wednesday's. I still don't know who will be getting this one. Decisions, decisions :lol

th_ShadyBlues2.jpg

clickable

I've made some progress on the 'Shady Blues' RR :clap

I was hoping to have more done, but I spent most of yesterday afternoon shopping and going to the library with my DD. Maybe I'll get some crochet time in tonight when I get home from work, and tomorrow since I don't work on Wednesday's. I still don't know who will be getting this one. Decisions, decisions :lol

th_ShadyBlues2.jpg

clickable

Mel,

You've got me thinking I should do one with variegated yarn. Yours always look so pretty. The last two especially. I think it's the variegated yarns that change colors quickly that are getting me thinking about it.

Anyway, keep us posted. Blue is my color, so I really like this one.