Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Thankyou Kim, They are very pretty . I think I will make some for my Mother for xmas :-)

Thanks so much.

SouthernJudy ~ They work up VERY fast! I think it only took me about an hour or so to make these. I don't know if it matters ~ but I used a G hook for them! I made these for Christmas presents also. I am giving a set of 4 (rr, star, granny square, & hexagon shapes) to my SIL (who is a HUGE Pittsburgh Penguins fan ~ so she is getting the black/gold ones), my mom (the yellow ones), and 2 of my hubby's aunts (the green for one & the yellow/green for the other). I made the blue ones for me!

ginamaria73

irikel

DreamsofYarn

Yarnjeannie

CrochetDad

Champygirl

LegalWoman17

Thanks to all of you for your compliments and kind words! This sure is a great place to hang out. And crocheting could be cheaper than therapy...if only I could stay out of yarn stores.

Yes, crocheting is MUCH cheaper than therapy. After I've had a bad day at work, I come home and crochet for awhile. Pretty soon I could care less about how the day went. It's a very calming activity, I think because of the rhythm.

Debbie

ginamaria73

irikel

DreamsofYarn

Yarnjeannie

CrochetDad

Champygirl

LegalWoman17

Thanks to all of you for your compliments and kind words! This sure is a great place to hang out. And crocheting could be cheaper than therapy...if only I could stay out of yarn stores.

Yes, crocheting is MUCH cheaper than therapy. After I've had a bad day at work, I come home and crochet for awhile. Pretty soon I could care less about how the day went. It's a very calming activity, I think because of the rhythm.

Debbie

Mel,

You've got me thinking I should do one with variegated yarn. Yours always look so pretty. The last two especially. I think it's the variegated yarns that change colors quickly that are getting me thinking about it.

Anyway, keep us posted. Blue is my color, so I really like this one.

Thank you Gene. I love working with variegated yarn. It has a bit of a surprise element in it, since you never know what it will look like. My only problem is that sometimes I can't find 'just the right solid' to go with the variegated. That can be a real challenge from time to time. I don't like to do a rr in only variegated, they just look to 'busy' to me. A solid color breaks it up and makes it more pleasing to the eye. Of course, that is my opinion only. I have seen some rr's done in variegated only that were very pretty, just not my taste.

I think I have finally lost my mind :eek

My DD and I went shopping Monday and she saw some pink variegated thread. She asked me if I could make her something out of it. I asked her what she wanted, and she said a RR to put on either her nightstand or her chest of drawers. I said ok, and bought the three balls of thread. I have no idea how big it will end up being.

I've named this one 'Strawberry Swirl'. Right now it is 11 rows and 6 inches point to point.

This will be an on again, off again project. I will do this when I need a break from the RR's in yarn.

Wish me luck, I think I'm going to need it :lol

th_StrawberrySwirl1c.jpg

th_StrawberrySwirl1.jpg

clickable

My DD and I went shopping Monday and she saw some pink variegated thread. She asked me if I could make her something out of it. I asked her what she wanted, and she said a RR to put on either her nightstand or her chest of drawers. I said ok, and bought the three balls of thread. I have no idea how big it will end up being.

I've named this one 'Strawberry Swirl'. Right now it is 11 rows and 6 inches point to point.

This will be an on again, off again project. I will do this when I need a break from the RR's in yarn.

th_StrawberrySwirl1c.jpg

th_StrawberrySwirl1.jpg

clickable

That is just going to be beautiful. I love how it swirls.

Briana, thank you so much. This is going to be a long project. It will be one of those that I only work on when I need a break from all of the RR's for Christmas presents that I have to make, along with all the other Christmas presents I want to make, but still want to crochet.

Then again, once I start working with thread, I don't want to stop :lol

I've been bitten by the Thread Bug :yes:yes

I've done a few more rows since the picture was taken :hook

My daughters (ages 7 & 4) saw this RR and fell in love with it:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52582

My question: Can you give me an idea how many rows your RRs are? How big are they? and How much yarn do they require? Any help would be appreciated!

For my round ripples, I do about 30 to 35 rows for a baby afghan. For an adult sized, about 45 to 50 rows.

th_StrawberrySwirl1c.jpg

th_StrawberrySwirl1.jpg

clickable

Mel, I just love this RR. Reminds me of cotton candy. Yummy!

Debbie, thank you so much. I really like the colors of this. I am now on the hunt for something similar in yarn.

I'm still pretty new to thread, so I figured doing a pattern I'm familiar with will help me learn how to crochet with thread. This is the third rr in thread I've done. One was coaster sized, one was a doily, and one was a small table topper. Once this one is done, I will have to decide what to do next in thread. Knowing my luck, someone will see this one and want one too :lol

SouthernJudy ~ They work up VERY fast! I think it only took me about an hour or so to make these. I don't know if it matters ~ but I used a G hook for them! I made these for Christmas presents also. I am giving a set of 4 (rr, star, granny square, & hexagon shapes) to my SIL (who is a HUGE Pittsburgh Penguins fan ~ so she is getting the black/gold ones), my mom (the yellow ones), and 2 of my hubby's aunts (the green for one & the yellow/green for the other). I made the blue ones for me!

They are just wonderful and I can't wait to try them out. I think they will make great gifts. Thanks agin for sharing with us. ;-)

Mel, I've never seen a multi-pink yarn, but there's lots of other multi colors out there.

I haven't seen a multi-pink either.

I just re-organized my yarn stash today...that took a long time....and I counted 20+ different variegated yarns in my stash :eek

I love using variegated.:yes

Here is a progress report on my latest RR:

It is now 44 rows and 62 inches point to point. Since I am not sure who this will be for, I am leaving it as is for now. Once I decide who is getting this, I will know whether I need to add another section of color or not. I think I have enough variegated to do an entire section (blue and variegated) if I need to make it bigger. If not, I will do a section of blue and end it with 1 row of variegated.

th_ShadyBlues3.jpg

clickable

Mel, it's not a true variegated yarn, but something that might work is Bernat Baby Coordinates Sweet Stripes in strawberry stripe. You can see what it looks like in the link below...the striped blanket on the lower left is made with it. http://www.bernat.com/home/babyroom.html

Hope everyone is doing well. Thinking about starting another RR. Did anyone ever figure out how to convert it to a tree skirt?

Mindy

Okay ladies it has been a while since I did a RR and I have lost my pattern. Where can I find the best one to use. I know that there was one posted for a while that had errors.

http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html

this is the one I use and have had no problems with it. I know it is a different one than the one you were speaking of anyway. :D

This is my first Round Ripple, I made on the Van Gogh CAL. The pics don't do the colours justice cos they are actually lovely pale, baby pastels.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee299/Lynz95/Crochet/Crochet10.jpg

....and a close up

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee299/Lynz95/Crochet/Crochet11.jpg

And this is the progress of my "Sofa-ghan", it's gonna live on the back of my sofa for when I wanna snuggle up on those chilly nights that are on their way!

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee299/Lynz95/Crochet/Crochet12.jpg

Thanks for looking.

:hook

And this is the progress of my "Sofa-ghan", it's gonna live on the back of my sofa for when I wanna snuggle up on those chilly nights that are on their way!

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee299/Lynz95/Crochet/Crochet12.jpg

Thanks for looking.

:hook

Is that the Aran fleck you are using for the lightest part of this afghan? I'm in the process of working on a large sofa-sized RR using Aran fleck as the light shade - I love the look of it.