Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Is that the Aran fleck you are using for the lightest part of this afghan? I'm in the process of working on a large sofa-sized RR using Aran fleck as the light shade - I love the look of it.

It's a Sirdar wool that I found, it's that light kind of Aran colour with bobbly flecks of brown, kind of a khaki green and a bit of dark blue too. Didn't have the name of the colour on the label. I then just got a plain brown to go with it, and used 2 strands of each colour on its own with some rounds one strand of each. It does have a really nice look to it and is nice and soft too.

I took a break from yarn this weekend and worked with thread. I made a doily and worked on 2 RR's in thread. These RR's in thread will not be full size!! :no They will be tabletoppers/real big doilies :lol:lol

I used a bigger hook on the Pastel Swirl. I wanted to see the difference in the 2 hook sizes with size 10 thread. That way I will know which hook I want to use for the 'Christmas Colors' one I am planning on making in thread.

th_StrawberrySwirl2.jpg

th_PastelSwirls1-1.jpg

both clickable

I love the way all of these look! We just found out today that our 5 month old will be having surgery, so I needed to make something for her. I started this today and it's driving my up the wall. Mine is not laying flat and the star points are not well-pronounced. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but here's my progress so far.

I'm about 12 rows in, so far cream and purple. Will be adding more cream after the purple, then pink, cream, green and depending on how big it is by then, cream.

(clickable)

1440211367_1291ce1f31_m.jpg

Hey, I dissapeared from this CAL ages ago. Looks like everyone's going strong still. The one I talked about eaerlier was a 'test' for the one for my cousin's baby. Well, the baby was born last week and his Bris was yesterday.

Here is Daniel Ryan's bright rainbow round ripple. It doesn't sit as flat as my first, but I still really like it.

1442633228_7310f1f954_m.jpg

I love the way all of these look! We just found out today that our 5 month old will be having surgery, so I needed to make something for her. I started this today and it's driving my up the wall. Mine is not laying flat and the star points are not well-pronounced. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but here's my progress so far.

I'm about 12 rows in, so far cream and purple. Will be adding more cream after the purple, then pink, cream, green and depending on how big it is by then, cream.

(clickable)

Not sure what to tell you about the lying flat.... some do, some don't. I'm not sure it matters 100% to me, since it'll rarely be flat anyhow. As far as the points, they don't start being really, really defined until about row 15 when you get longer bits between the points.... at least on mine it was that way. Love the colors!

(clickable)

The way I get my points to lay flat is to make 2 rows of large shells and 1 row of small shells (v-stitch).

On my first one, I noticed that in the valley, I was only skipping 1 stitch, so the 'peaks' weren't as defined.

Looking forward to seeing it bigger. Love the colors you have listed that you are going to use.

So WHICH RR pattern should I use for the double strand, N hook one I want to make??

Is there really a difference between the sew on fire pattern and the other one??

Opinions??

So WHICH RR pattern should I use for the double strand, N hook one I want to make??

Is there really a difference between the sew on fire pattern and the other one??

Opinions??

They are basically all the same for the 12 point RR. The main difference is the number of shell rows. Some say 2 rows large and 2 rows small, and some say 2 rows large and 1 row small. I have done them both ways and I prefer the 2 rows large and 1 row small....mine lay flatter that way.

I've done 2 strand RR rugs using the Sew On Fire pattern. It lays flat and has held up great.

I'm also doing 2 thread RR's (won't be full size though) and am using the Sew On Fire pattern. It is also laying flat.

They are basically all the same for the 12 point RR. The main difference is the number of shell rows. Some say 2 rows large and 2 rows small, and some say 2 rows large and 1 row small. I have done them both ways and I prefer the 2 rows large and 1 row small....mine lay flatter that way.

I've done 2 strand RR rugs using the Sew On Fire pattern. It lays flat and has held up great.

I'm also doing 2 thread RR's (won't be full size though) and am using the Sew On Fire pattern. It is also laying flat.

Sounds good to me!! I used the baby RR pattern for a doily and liked that - but wouldn't have wanted to make it bigger since it looked like it might be wavy. I think the sew on fire pattern (with correction:D ) is it. Thanks!

I love your pictures!

Briana, thank you so much. This is going to be a long project. It will be one of those that I only work on when I need a break from all of the RR's for Christmas presents that I have to make, along with all the other Christmas presents I want to make, but still want to crochet.

Then again, once I start working with thread, I don't want to stop :lol

I've been bitten by the Thread Bug :yes:yes

I've done a few more rows since the picture was taken :hook

Well, because of your pic, I have now started one in a blue varigated thread using I think a size "C" hook. It is also the "do a few rows" when I feel like it project. Works best without my contacts or glasses in so I can see it.

:manyheart I am interested in staring one of these but I saw that someone mentioned a pattern that had shells in it? Is that a pattern I could purchase? I really like the shell pattern. Thanks. I will get my yarn as soon as I know what colors I am doing. I might like it for my living room.

:manyheart I am interested in staring one of these but I saw that someone mentioned a pattern that had shells in it? Is that a pattern I could purchase? I really like the shell pattern. Thanks. I will get my yarn as soon as I know what colors I am doing. I might like it for my living room.

The 'shells' are in the points.

Here is the pattern I use:

http://www.sewonfire.com/round_ripple_afghan.htm

This post has the correction for row 3, along with other tips and tricks.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29245

Opinions??

This is the one I use. I have used it for single and double strand. I like the way it looks.

http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html

I'm back and on vacation!!!

I finished my first RR that I specially made for my aunt and I'm just a couple of rows away from finishing my second one (it seems like forever to make a round when it gets too big).

I'll post pictures when I get back home!

Hey Hey! I am back and here is my absolute first round ripple! I crocheted it for a dear sister in my congregation who is expecting her second child.

th_DSC01497.jpg

I haven't washed and blocked it yet but that is what I am doing this weekend.

Congrats on your first RR it's very pretty. But look out now!! they are addictive lol