Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Wow thanks for that link I wanted to do one with that many points as well it is very pretty. I started the spiderman round ripple earlier today hopefully it wont look to airy I am using a J hook.
I just started tonight, and I am using the J hook. I am doing it in shades of blue, so not exactly the same, but it's the same pattern. Once I master this, then the spidey one. I am going to use white yarn instead of the black, so my grand daughter will still have the spider web pattern.:hook

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use Lyn's RR pattern when I make the afghan so this is a variation of her pattern - with a split! I made a second one (for my Mom) and wrote the pattern down as I went along this time. All you seaso

Its beautiful!!! Well done I think I would keep it too! ;-)

made this one for a coworker whose wife is expecting a boy this month.

Posted Images

How many rows are most of you doing before you change colors? In particular, Honey and charminly wicked, but then again, those are the only two I have seen so far. Er, Honey I mean your big one, I see you have made many of these. All beautiful. Everyones is beautiful. Oh, and when did you start the stripes? I guess I am doing more Lynne's pattern, the one that spiderman is based on. I had an idea also. Someone is doing the spiderman afghan in white and black for a "goth baby blanket". I thought it would be cool to do in like silver and black, with maybe a bit of white to match the new spiderman colors that were in the last movie. HAH! I see someone has already done this, checking back on this thread, It was great looking. What color's exactly did you use? I think it was kazily.

How many rows are most of you doing before you change colors? In particular, Honey and charminly wicked,

I did the first 6 pattern rounds and then did one gray round. After that, I am doing 3 rounds in different colors and then one in gray. I decided to use 2 shades of yellow, blue and green.

:devil

Good Morning Ladies,

I've been here before but am too easily distracted (too many hobbies) with other crafts. I've been checking out your pic's and all I can say is WOW!!! :clap :clap :clap

I started my second RR last night which will be an afghan but I wanted to show my first RR, it's a footstool cover about 28 in across.

Thanks for looking!

JUDY:hook

1sttry.jpg

Hey Irkel long time no chat, how have you been I hope well.

Judy - that Rr looks great.

I know about getting distracted it happens to me all the time LOL. I am still plugging away at the spiderman ghan been falling asleep very early everynight and not working on anything.

Well I have finally finished my 12 to 24 point Round Ripple. <a href=th_24oointRR.jpg' alt='th_24oointRR.jpg' This is the biggest one I have made. I had to make some adjustments to the pattern. Even with my changes, it came out a little ruffly.

Well I have finally finished my 12 to 24 point Round Ripple.

I had to make some adjustments to the pattern. Even with my changes, it came out a little ruffly.

sprtsbear... could u share the changes u made? I am ready to start one and love the way urs turned out.. Thankx

I have just finished a 5 point stargan, it puckers but I am still really pleased with the result, I am now trying a 6 point star using a different pattern, this one seems to be going ok but it still seems to pucker up a tad! ho hum! I guess its just a case of practice! I love these afgans so much! you all do such beautifull work on them! :)

The tips curl on my afghan. How do I get them to flatten out? I used the spiderman afghan pattern and did the optional row three of the updated pattern, which seems to be working keeping the rest of it flat. I had trouble with row three on the original pattern before when I made a washcloth from the pattern, so I knew it needed changing.

I just started my first round ripple and I am only on row 11 - but it's really ruffling alot & thats annoying me. I think I would rather have less points - is this normal? Should I switch to another pattern? Help!:help

ripple1.jpg

ripple2.jpg

Alright. I'm in, if you'll have me. I just posted this yesterday in the Ripple Along. I wasn't seeing straight I guess. This is definitely the spot for me (round and round we go!)

Just looking at my RR and need to frog a bit since I wasn't paying attention two rows ago. Fooie. I'd like the company since frogging is part of it and misery loves company.

Mine is in RH Super Saver yarn with an I hook. It's nice and stiff to work with and will soften up in the wash. This one is for charity.

The colors are burgundy, black and painted desert (heather multi).

I don't have a digital camera but this is color sequence:

5 rows multi

2 rows black

5 rows multi

1 row black

5 rows burgundy

2 rows black

5 rows burgundy

1 row black

5 rows multi, etc.

It took me a while to figure out the right sequence since I'm using up skeins from my stash. It has a victorian look to it with the colors particularly with the black.

I've been working on it off and on for a few weeks. At this point it measures 21 inches across.

This is super to have company! These are soo much fun.:clap

Kelly, which pattern are you using? The Sew On Fire pattern has a mistake in row 3, and if you do it that way, it will ruffle like crazy.

It is the pattern I use, and have never had one ruffle.

Here is the pattern for the Sew On Fire one:

http://www.sewonfire.com/round_ripple_afghan.htm

Here is the correction, along with lots of tips and tricks:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29245

Yep, there are 12 (I had to re-count just now to be sure, lol) - I think one doesn't show up very well in the pic because of the ruffling.

I did struggle with rows 3 and 4 but just kept going hoping it would all come out. Maybe I should just frog now - better than getting to row 20 and still having issues. :blink

I am using the spiderman one for the blended one I am doing just not doing the sc making them dc instead now we shall see if it works that way I havnt gotten that far yet lol.

On my spiderman one my middle is the part that is puckering and im not sure why.

My six pointer seems to be working better than my 5 pointer! I am hoping to try a 12 point one soon! I will post pics when I have finished! its great to see I am not the only one who makes ruffles and then has to frog!