Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

I've finally finished one of my round ripple afghans! This one was made with Caron Simply Soft Brites and black. From point to point, it's about 77 inches.

Candy

afghan.jpg

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I really enjoyed making the Simply Soft Brites ripple. That's the first item I've made using Simply Soft, and now I'm officially "hooked" on that yarn!

Candy

I love this afghan - you did a wonderful job with it!

I have 3 RR's in the works right now. I'm not quite sure of the color schemes of them yet. This one is the biggest of the ones I'm currently deciding on. I think once I do the solid colors and a few rows of the variegated, I will know if it is the right color scheme.

Opinions welcome and greatly appreciated :)

th_Autumn1.jpg

clickable

I have 3 RR's in the works right now. I'm not quite sure of the color schemes of them yet. This one is the biggest of the ones I'm currently deciding on. I think once I do the solid colors and a few rows of the variegated, I will know if it is the right color scheme.

Opinions welcome and greatly appreciated :)

th_Autumn1.jpg

clickable

:devil Absolutely fabulous colors!! My ex loved orange so I have a couple of skeins of it around maybe I'll try something like it:clap Good job.

I finished this one last week. It's headed to my brother's fiance for her brand new granddaughter:

DSC01507.jpg

Made with Bernat baby coordinates self-striping. When I started it, I wasn't sure how it would go with the striping, so I gave it a solid purple center, and edged it in the solid. Next one I make, I will start right in with the self-stripe. This one measures just under 40 inches point to point.

Ok, all you round ripple ladies! I have been reading the posts in this thread and looking at all the beautiful RR's you guys have been making and now I want to make one! I saw a beautiful one someone had posted and I cannot remember who it was or what page it was on! Duh! Old age! It was a rainbow RR and had in one of the rounds points of yellow then the next rounds were the same RR and then another round with the yellow points again, then more regular RR rounds. Can anyone tell me what pattern this is? I just have to make one like that for my grandson's baby to be!

Thanks

Lynn

Ok, I gave in and began one last evening. Using the Aztec Sun pattern in Leisure Arts 40 Best Ripple Patterns book. I have gotten to the area where I am inserting the points. Has anyone done this pattern? According to the pattern you are supposed to have 25 st. between the end of one point to the beginning of the other. I have 24! Means I'll have to fudge a little on the first ripple row after the points???

Lynn

Hiya, Lynn!!! Long time no see... is that your new doggie in your avatar or you old buddy?

I, too, think I want to try this but I want with with fewer points... I think. I need to go look at patterns!

Can't wait to see yours... sounds different!

Well, I'm about halfway done with this one. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, but the bigger it gets, the more I like it. I was working on this one when I was at a family reunion Sunday (my older brother was in town for the first time in 9 years), and since I had no clue who would be getting this one, I decided that whoever complimented it the most would end up with it for Christmas. My younger brother's mother in law kept saying how pretty it was, how warm it looked, how she had never seen a round afghan and that the colors reminded her of one her mother had made her & she still has, but doesn't use it much anymore because she is afraid it will get a hole in it (it is very old). She got a little teary eyed when she mentioned her mother, and I decided right then that she will be getting it. I know she will appreciate it.

th_Autumn3a-1.jpg

th_Autumn3.jpg

both clickable

Mel, the more work done on the blanket, it is growing on me! And the story, yeah, sounds like you find the right home for the blanket!

I really didn't like it when I first started it. I made myself keep working on it. Now I like it. I made one a while back with the same variegated, but used more solid colors, and that one was way to busy for my taste. I didn't like it at all. It was an order, and those were the colors she wanted, and loved it. Then again, she was an older lady (by older, I mean in her early 80's) and she loved those colors together. She said it reminded her of the 70's :lol:lol

Lynne, I haven't done that pattern yet, but it is on the list. :devil I've done one with the Sew on Fire pattern and added squares with grannies with a little fudging occasionally it worked out great.

Yep, that is the "baby" in my avatar! Jasmine Pearl! She is 18 months old now and just a joy to have around!

On the RR I have gotten several rows past the inserted points and fudged a little here and there and it seems to be turning ok pretty good! I'll post a pic when I get further along on it. I really wasn't planning to start a RR just yet as I already have 3 WIP's! I was looking through my yarn stash and found almost full skeins of Baby TLC in pale yellow, pink, baby blue, pale lime, pale lavender & white. Well, since I just found out that my 22 yr old grandson and his intended are expecting a baby I just had to try a RR from the baby tlc! :hook

Lynn

Well, I'm about halfway done with this one. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, but the bigger it gets, the more I like it. I was working on this one when I was at a family reunion Sunday (my older brother was in town for the first time in 9 years), and since I had no clue who would be getting this one, I decided that whoever complimented it the most would end up with it for Christmas. My younger brother's mother in law kept saying how pretty it was, how warm it looked, how she had never seen a round afghan and that the colors reminded her of one her mother had made her & she still has, but doesn't use it much anymore because she is afraid it will get a hole in it (it is very old). She got a little teary eyed when she mentioned her mother, and I decided right then that she will be getting it. I know she will appreciate it.

th_Autumn3a-1.jpg

th_Autumn3.jpg

both clickable

I'm really loving the colors in this one. I love the earthy fall colors!

I was wondering the same thing! In fact I was going to look through some of the posts for edgings that others have done

Lynn

Hello Everyone!!

It's been a while since I've posted anything like a picture of the RR I'm making?? I hurt my left hand & wrist, so It's taken me a lot longer to get it finished, but I did it, this evening, I finished it:woo

Your round ripples are just gorgeous, all of you are doing a great job on them:clap

The size of this RR is 71 inches across from tip to tip

Here are some pics of mine,

clickable

th_ShadedBlueRR004.jpg

clickable

th_ShadedBlueRR003.jpg

cliockable

th_ShadedBlueRR001.jpg

I like the shell edging you used on your RR. Do you have a pattern you used or did you just wing it?

Lynn

I have seen them edged in with shells, hdc, sc and sl st.

I usually use hdc or sc, because I usually don't have the time to figure out how many shells to put between the points, and since I still can't get the hang of reverse sc. :no:no

I made a baby afghan years ago that called for reverse sc around the edge. Can't remember how to do it though. Maybe I'l go dig out that pattern and give it a try

Lynn

I made a baby afghan years ago that called for reverse sc around the edge. Can't remember how to do it though. Maybe I'll go dig out that pattern and give it a try

Lynn

To do a reverse sc around the edge, when you join you ch.1, sc in the same sp as you joined, ch.1 again, and then working to your right which is backwards, (sk the next stitch, sc in the next stitch, ch 1) and you do this all the way around and then you join to the first sc you made.

To do a reverse sc around the edge, when you join you ch.1, sc in the same sp as you joined, ch.1 again, and then working to your right which is backwards, (sk the next stitch, sc in the next stitch, ch 1) and you do this all the way around and then you join to the first sc you made.

Thanks for sharing, sounds easy enough but I don't think I could go in reverse, lol.

Thank you so much for sharing that! I looked in the instructions of several of my crochet books but the way they said to do it may as well have been in another language! Your instructions are very clear. Think I'll try it

Thanks Again

Lynn