Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Hello Housemates!!!

I'm on VACATION!!!!! Yipee!!!!!:clap:clap

Dusti- I'll pick up the bagels in the morning on my way. That way, they are nice and fresh!!! I'm stopping to pick up my middle DD and her BF and then we'll be off around 10:30 or so!

Lovinthis- your work is beautiful- :manyheart so glad that you figured out how to post pics!

Linda- Glad to hear John made it in safely this morning and on time! The Butterfly Garden quilt sounds like it is going to be amazing!!!:yes

Cindy- WTG at Kohl's!!! How nice of the cashier to give you an extra bonus bucks because you were donating the clothes! One nice deed begets another nice deed and so on and so on. The Cowl was really easy and I learned how to do a chainless DC foundation!:hook

Judy- I had the pattern you are using saved in my favorites- and I have the Homespun in my stash to make it!!! :crocheting

Marisa- Wondering if Madeline made her appearance on your grandmas birthday? Hope all goes well with the delivery and your SIL and bro must be so happy to finally be having a girl!!! Have fun at the yarn store! And this weekend getting your hair colored and visiting your parents!

Julie- I agree, I like the groups on BL and think that my having the "teams" set up like they do challenges them more.

Cheeria- Hope you had a good day with the darlings!

I am very, very excited for this weekend!!!:) Even my DD's are excited to spend the day Saturday at the BC girls hockey game and then out to dinner with relatives! As my middle DD told me, this is going to be a fun adventure!!!!

Off to grab a bite to eat- I worked a little late to finish up something so I wouldn't have it waiting when I return to paradise on Wednesday- then had to stop at the store to pick up a few things to bring up to Boston- such as healthy snacks!

See you all in the AM

Have a good night!

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey ladies :hi

I picked up more yarn for my baby blanket and yarn for 2 more cardigans that I found patterns for today :blush No baby yet, although in Phoenix, they still have 3 hours left :think:lol Who know when she'll make her appearance, they've been changing her due date the entire pregnancy :think:shrug

I'll try to get in before work tomorrow morning, but if I'm running late, I won't be back until saturday some time. Sixers game tomorrow night after work and will then head up to my parents.

Dusti - the roads should be fine, they're good with them up there :yes

Lovin This - gorgeous work, everything is just beautiful :clap:yay

Joanne - Have a safe trip and have fun with your dd's :D

Good morning!

Slept in a little today- got up at 6 instead of 5 or earlier!!!:lol

Marisa- Has Madeline made her entrance into the world? Madeline is such a pretty name- I really like it! Have fun at the game tonight and enjoy your time at your parents- Drive safely- you have a long day /night and then a 2 hr or so trek! (Oh, yea, I forgot- you are young:lol:lol:lol)

I made another cowl last night, then headed up to read for a bit. I think I'll make another one this morning before I head out.

LeAnna- I love hearing about your life on the island. I don't think that would be for me as patience is not my strong suit. It sounds like you have really made the island your home though and that's so cool. I would like to live where there is a little more action- like be able to walk a few blocks to a nice downtown area where you can go grab a cup of coffee, walk into a used bookstore, peruse yarn in a nice LYS......

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday!

Hi ladies,

I tried posting last night but it wouldn't go. I had trouble with computer all day yesterday. I'll catch up later have to get ready to go to the kitchen and make breakfast burritos. We take orders and we have at least 250 to make for the park people. The park is having a garage sale tomorrow so we will be making them to sell also.

I'll be back later.

Good morning, peeps!

And speaking of stash:

http://cache.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/displayLola.cgi?t=20100113&utm_source=20101114_Jan14&utm_medium=Emails&utm_campaign=Weeklynewsletter&utm_content=Lola-SnowenIn

Hello Housemates!!!

I'm on VACATION!!!!! Yipee!!!!!:clap:clap

It must feel great!:hug:clap

The Cowl was really easy and I learned how to do a chainless DC foundation!:hook

THAT is the only thing holding me back. I looked at the video and couldn't get my brain wrapped around it.

I saved it, so I'll give it another look somewhere down the road.

Judy- I had the pattern you are using saved in my favorites- and I have the Homespun in my stash to make it!!! :crocheting

It's so easy - and goes fast. I'm almost finished with the lapghan sized one I started only this week!

I am very, very excited for this weekend!!!:) Even my DD's are excited to spend the day Saturday at the BC girls hockey game and then out to dinner with relatives! As my middle DD told me, this is going to be a fun adventure!!!!

Enjoy your weekend...and safe travels:hug:manyheart

Hi ladies,

I tried posting last night but it wouldn't go. I had trouble with computer all day yesterday. I'll catch up later have to get ready to go to the kitchen and make breakfast burritos. We take orders and we have at least 250 to make for the park people. The park is having a garage sale tomorrow so we will be making them to sell also.

I'll be back later.

Sounds like a very busy morning for you...CU later:hug:manyheart

Well, need to get myself together. Have an appointment with DS for a treatment on my back and need to take care of a couple of things first.

Later.....:hug

Morning Everyone!:morcoffee

CJ - What's on your agenda for today? Which classes do you have to work on?

Uhhhhh, let's see. For school I do Handwriting, Math, a grammar/vocab. book, and science. I'm not sure what I'll be crocheting. Yesterday I finished two hair clips for a friend. They are so cute. I'll try to get a few pics of them today.

LovinThis32, All your projects are beautiful! I love your hats, they're so cute! :manyheart And that dress! :faint:manyheart

Joanne, I hope you have a great weekend! :yes

Judy, I hope the appointment goes well today! :hug Stay safe!! :D

Well, I 'd better be off! See you all later! :book

Good morning :hi

Is it :2snowwhere you are? Hopefully, the worst of this storm has moved on, and that you all get a break to allow for clean-up and a return to "normal." We received 3-inches of snow yesterday, and we are supposed to get the same amount by tomorrow morning. It is soft, fluffy and sparkly, so I guess it is not all bad :lol I am not as enthralled by the sparklies this morning, so I plan to walk on the treadmill and skip my trek across the farmland :flake. Kiddos are overjoyed and can hardly wait to be let out of school in the afternoons, so that they can go out and play.

Joanne ~ Safe travels this weekend. The interior of your car is going to smell yummy after your stop at the bagel shop ;) Did you finish the cowls for your DDs?

Marisa ~ Have a good time at the game and a safe drive, too. I DO believe communities that are used to measurable snowfall are very good at keeping the roadways clear, but it was reassuring to hear that you do not anticipate any problems as you head up to your parents'. Catch you when you get to log-in, next.

LovinThis ~ What lovely work you do! I am really happy to figured out how to post pics, and it was fun to see the variety of projects you have created. What are you making, now?

Cindy ~ How thoughtful of you to pick up so many items to donate with your coupons at Kohls :hugAnd, it was wonderful to hear of the kind clerk that gifted you with the additional coupon. Lucky babies and families will benefit.

Judy ~ How are your hands doing with the N hook? Are you taking a break and working on something small on the side? I have not had any of the fatigue problems with the Q hook that I have experienced in the past with the N...:think That much larger circumference must change my grip *just* enough, that I can crochet much longer. I love that link you shared. I do not mind working with Homespun, at all, but I do not hoard it as I seem to do with the WW :blush I saved the link, though, because it looks nice 'n' easy :yes

Linda ~ Are you starting to thaw out? How does Princess do with the wet and cold? An hour and a half per appliqued butterfly -- wow. The Butterfly Garden is going to be a showpiece :hug

Hi Julie ~:flowerThought you might need a pick-me-up. Do you have plans with Cam this weekend? Does he like to go out and sled, shovel, or make snow forts?

Everyone :ghug ~ Have a good Friday!! :yay

Hi ladies,

I'll be back later.

What a busy lady you are down there. The breadfast burritos are making me hungry.

Loved the cartoon, Judy. :lol :lol :lol

Joanne ~ Have a great weekend with the family.

Hi, Dusti! I'm making this one for me, so I don't mind spending the time on it. I don't know that I could do it for someone else though. They would have to pay me LOT of cash, that's for sure. There's going to be a huge number of hours invested in it by the time it's done.

I worked on 3 round granny squares for Christmas stockings last night while watching TV. That was after using my treadmill. I've been walking a mile on it every other day at a 2 miles per hour pace. Although I wasn't walking quite that fast last night. I was a bit sore so took it a little easier. At least I'm getting into a routine with it and that is the big thing. If I can make it a part of my normal routine, then I know that I'll stick with it and it will be regular exercise.

Got to go get Kim up and give her her morning meds. Catch you later. :manyheart

Hi all

Sorry been MIA ---

Cant catch up with everyone so I'll just say hello .

Welcome to the new member LovinThis-- could you give us your first name > We usually use them in here -makes things much easier and more homey .

You sure have made some beautiful items. Love the little girl's Easter dress ! Is that done in thread or yarn ?

I thought about that last night! Sorry----my name is Kiyo---

Good morning :hi

Is it :2snowwhere you are? Hopefully, the worst of this storm has moved on, and that you all get a break to allow for clean-up and a return to "normal." We received 3-inches of snow yesterday, and we are supposed to get the same amount by tomorrow morning. It is soft, fluffy and sparkly, so I guess it is not all bad :lol I am not as enthralled by the sparklies this morning, so I plan to walk on the treadmill and skip my trek across the farmland :flake. Kiddos are overjoyed and can hardly wait to be let out of school in the afternoons, so that they can go out and play.

Joanne ~ Safe travels this weekend. The interior of your car is going to smell yummy after your stop at the bagel shop ;) Did you finish the cowls for your DDs?

Marisa ~ Have a good time at the game and a safe drive, too. I DO believe communities that are used to measurable snowfall are very good at keeping the roadways clear, but it was reassuring to hear that you do not anticipate any problems as you head up to your parents'. Catch you when you get to log-in, next.

LovinThis ~ What lovely work you do! I am really happy to figured out how to post pics, and it was fun to see the variety of projects you have created. What are you making, now?

Cindy ~ How thoughtful of you to pick up so many items to donate with your coupons at Kohls :hugAnd, it was wonderful to hear of the kind clerk that gifted you with the additional coupon. Lucky babies and families will benefit.

Judy ~ How are your hands doing with the N hook? Are you taking a break and working on something small on the side? I have not had any of the fatigue problems with the Q hook that I have experienced in the past with the N...:think That much larger circumference must change my grip *just* enough, that I can crochet much longer. I love that link you shared. I do not mind working with Homespun, at all, but I do not hoard it as I seem to do with the WW :blush I saved the link, though, because it looks nice 'n' easy :yes

Linda ~ Are you starting to thaw out? How does Princess do with the wet and cold? An hour and a half per appliqued butterfly -- wow. The Butterfly Garden is going to be a showpiece :hug

Hi Julie ~:flowerThought you might need a pick-me-up. Do you have plans with Cam this weekend? Does he like to go out and sled, shovel, or make snow forts?

Everyone :ghug ~ Have a good Friday!! :yay

Good Morning Dusti! I'm in Northern Utah- isn't snowing right now but more in the forecast. Last night it snowed for a good couple hours, laid down a couple inches to add to the 10 we got 2 weeks ago! I LOVE the snow, just hate when it's in the single digits!

I'm the type of person to have 20 projects going on at once, and I have NO clue why! I have slippers in the works and beanies, I need to get 2 afghans finished up here real quick.

Hi all

Sorry been MIA ---

Cant catch up with everyone so I'll just say hello .

Welcome to the new member LovinThis-- could you give us your first name > We usually use them in here -makes things much easier and more homey .

You sure have made some beautiful items. Love the little girl's Easter dress ! Is that done in thread or yarn ?

Hi there! Welcome back and Thank you for welcoming me! My daughters Easter Dress was made out of a sport weight white yarn (can't remember what brand). It sort of hung and stretched so I ended up taking two rows off the bottom so she didn't feel like she was wearing a robe!

Photo Friday: This is an update on the oriental quilt. The butterflies in the border are just pinned on at this point. The ones in the center are done.

post-9295-135897615991_thumb.jpg

Photo Friday: This is an update on the oriental quilt. The butterflies in the border are just pinned on at this point. The ones in the center are done.

ABSOLUTELY, STUNNING........BEAUTIFUL! Sometimes I wish I were into quilting---my boyfriend would kill me if I picked up another hobby!

Good morning!

Slept in a little today- got up at 6 instead of 5 or earlier!!!:lol

Marisa- Has Madeline made her entrance into the world? Madeline is such a pretty name- I really like it! Have fun at the game tonight and enjoy your time at your parents- Drive safely- you have a long day /night and then a 2 hr or so trek! (Oh, yea, I forgot- you are young:lol:lol:lol)

I made another cowl last night, then headed up to read for a bit. I think I'll make another one this morning before I head out.

LeAnna- I love hearing about your life on the island. I don't think that would be for me as patience is not my strong suit. It sounds like you have really made the island your home though and that's so cool. I would like to live where there is a little more action- like be able to walk a few blocks to a nice downtown area where you can go grab a cup of coffee, walk into a used bookstore, peruse yarn in a nice LYS......

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday!

You know, when I moved here, one of the things I said was, "Well if I need action, it's a ferry boat ride away...'cause Seattle is right across the water on one side, Port Orchard and the other and Tacoma south of us...it's nice just knowing it's there.

When we lived in Germany, we literally lived in the heart of our little town Leimen (pop. approximately 16,000) but it was less then 3 miles from Heidelberg. I was a block from city hall, an elementary school, two churches and many shops and stores and if I need more action, it was a trolly ride away...I LOVED IT. Here, I can't walk to the store (that would be a volksmarch and would take 2 hours just to get to our "down town..."

I find it funny for me that I am comfortable with both lifestyles...

Open invitation though...if you ever find yourself in my neck of the woods, a visit to Vashon would be nice...it is a tourist destination after all.

Oh, one more thing...there are homes and apartments within walking distance of our town center and in our town center we have the following: a wonderful tea shop, and Cafe Luna's where you can get a great cup of coffee and snacks and soups and just hang out, an awesome quilt shop with over 7,000 bolts of fabric, but also other sewing notions AND yarn and some knitting and crocheting books and notions...AND there's a fairly decent selection of yarn across the street at the Pharmacy that is also an awesome gift shop...and for books, there is a great new and used book store just a few doors down from the Quilt Shop (and that's on the main drag) and just around the corner on another street is Books by the Way...for 2nd hand shopping, there is Treasure Island on the main drag, but if you go a few miles by car, there is Granny's Attic which is as popular to the local residents as Macy's is to the "city folk..." My friend always hits Granny's for yarn first...Granny's Attic is our thrift store that the funds help support Health and Welfare concerns on the island. Over the years we have donated mass amounts of stuff and have always hit that place first when looking for things from furniture to stuff for the kitchen. Oh and there is also my favorite 2nd hand place called Vashon Vintage. It's a little shop that's in an old convert stand apart garage. It's own by a woman from the Netherlands who has lived in this country for almost 40 years. I have bought so many wonderful things from her place. She takes 2nd hand stuff and repaints or refurbishes them and then sells them for a song...I just love her stuff...my red chandalier came from there.

So Joanne, if you "lived" in the town center of Vashon, you could have your cake and eat it too...

The N hook is okay so far, with just minor stiffness. I'm not sure I could ever work with a Q hook again...that was a bear on my hands.:(

Wow! That looks great!:clap:clap

And I had a good session with DS...he's learned a lot over the last 10 years:)

Thanks ladies. John had a bit of a fit when I started quilting and was building my stash. He couldn't understand just having that much material on had with no specific idea what it was going into. Now he understands. I made all the Christmas things this year without having to buy anything to put into them. Of course, I wiped out my stash of Christmas fabric, but that's okay. And he's seen how I now frequently can help Rosie out or she can help me out with something from our stash that the other needs for a quilt. And I do finish things. Just not necessarily in the order that they are started in. :lol :lol :lol And some things take longer than others to complete. He compares it to his hunting as a way of escape and renewal.

Thanks ladies. John had a bit of a fit when I started quilting and was building my stash. He couldn't understand just having that much material on had with no specific idea what it was going into. Now he understands. I made all the Christmas things this year without having to buy anything to put into them. Of course, I wiped out my stash of Christmas fabric, but that's okay. And he's seen how I now frequently can help Rosie out or she can help me out with something from our stash that the other needs for a quilt. And I do finish things. Just not necessarily in the order that they are started in. :lol :lol :lol And some things take longer than others to complete. He compares it to his hunting as a way of escape and renewal.

We ladies ned our fun, too! It's great that he finally "gets" it.

Hubby is waiting to see how much of my yarn stash I use before I break down and buy new. I haven't bought new yarn in MONTHS!:eek

The other issue is hubby doens't like clutter...and even though my stuff is neatly stacked in totes (most of it anyway)...well, it gets interesting around here sometimes

Hi House. I went to first unread and it brought me to today's posts. Hope I'm not missing very many gorgeous creations. I am here in Texas packing up the rest of our stuff. I brought projects with me and I have been doing a rotation of all 14 of them. Of the crochet ones, I am making progress on a doily with filet hearts and today I made some snowflakes.

Hope you are all doing well and staying warm. :)

Hi ladies.

I finished the one baby ghan & since he bought me so much of it I am almost done with a second. :cheer Sorry that I haven't been keeping up much, but it is one thing after another here.......I have bursitis is my right hip, o too much time in the computer chair send me through the roof. I will try to get on as much as possible even if it is just a hello from my ipod.

Judy~Those are both beautiful.....I may have to make a baby 9 patch. Cute!

Linda~Gorgoeus quilt! Thank you for the christmas card & snowflake, that was sweet of you. :manyheart

Okay, up and outta this chair for me. Have a great night!! :ghug

Archived