Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Morning all

Hope those of you stuck in the winter storms are all doing ok. It sounds as if we could get a taste of it here -- winter storm warning starts at noon today,so I gotta get dressed and head out before then .

Val

Glad your dad is thru his surgery ,and now will get lots of time to rest and recuperate .I wish him all the best .

Linda

Sounds like you are looking forward to the quilting show-- I know you really enjoyed the last one !

Marisa

sounds like you had fun last night !

Jude

Good luck at the WW meeting . I think you look fine just as you are !

Joanne

hope you get in for your hairdo before the weather gets nasty -- I think you guys sometimes get our storms, and sometimes the ones traveling up the coast,so you kinda get a double-whammy .

Cheeria

Glad you checked in and are ok -- hope your treatment yesterday doesnt give you a setback since you were already a little under the weather .

Not much new in my world-- pretty doggone boring . I have another book about 3/4 done..messed up my doily that I thought was looking so good. Somewhere I got off track on the count,and didnt notice til this row ...since I don't enjoy working with thread, it 's pretty hard for me to go back and find my mistake and pull out a lot of it . Even Sam said it was pretty ,and he usually doesnt pay much attention to what I am making .

We'll see. I have never been blessed with patience,and the older I get, the shorter it gets .

At the current date, my patience is about the length of a red ant,with his back end missing .

Ok ,off to get bathed and dressed and get my buns outta this chair for a bit .

Will check in later -

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies :coffee

I slept great last night, although I feel like I could've slept longer :eek but alas, it was time to get up. I just had a bfast sandwich, just egg and cheese, since I woke up and my tummy was YELLING at me :lol Now enjoying my coffee and checking in with you ladies. The other doc already text me to see if he could skip the game tonight and go to one on a better day next week, which I already anticipated would happen. Although the snow doesn't stop him from things he NEEDS to do, he doesn't tend to opt to be out in it otherwise :think Next week, we play on monday at 2:00 in the afternoon since it's MLK day, but we work so I'm thinking of asking for the afternoon off to go to the game since I don't take much time :think We'll see, otherwise, we'll just give the tix away.

I think we're looking at 3-6 inches here over night and supposed to start this evening around 5:00ish.

Joanne - Good luck with your appointment tonight :xfin I also need a color job :think Maybe you could catch a train to Boston? Although I don't really know what the rates would run or the time it would take :shrug Just a thought :D Then you could crochet or read during the ride :devil

Julie - Well, at least your crocheting....now if only they made thread as thick as yarn :think Have you tried to wash a skein yet? I'm just really curious on that :lol I hope you get your running done before your storm starts :hug :hug

Val, it sounds like your dad has wonderful doctors and surgeons. I'll continue to keep him and all of you in my prayers.:hug

Joanne, I'm still under goal weight....:D

Off again...BBL sometime:hook

Good morning :wcold I hope everyone is bundled up and staying safe! The thread snowflakes on my hook did get some real company last night, but only a 2" dusting. How about the ones in your window, Judy? Are they seeing buddies flying through the air? Keep warm.

Val ~ I am thinking of you and the rest of your family. It sounds as though the doctors are being cautious with your father's condition, and that is great. I hope the time to sleep/rest speeds his recovery even more, though I am sure it will continue to be tough on your sister and step-mother until they see him open his eyes. Are you doing alright at home by yourself? Can you crochet on a project, or are you too nervous with tight tension? Hang in there :hug

Do you think you sweet Southern ladies could kick this storm a little further out to sea so this doesn't happen to us - again?:P

:rofl Loved that suggestion

Mary ~ :clap for smooth dentist appointments. Any more in your immediate future? Do you have to go back for the crown, or is it done? I do not suppose there is much call for a shovel down in your neck of the woods, but you made me stop and think when you said you could not even think of where you would buy one in TX :think Hard to imagine...I could send you my little, fold-up one that I keep in my trunk :D Just say the word, and it's yours, because I do not plan to get stuck in a ditch anytime soon :no

:hi Twinkle. Are you feeling alright this a.m.? Has the morning sickness let-up? Marisa's suggestions for your ankle swelling were spot-on, but it is just another in the long list of changes to which you must adapt this year, right? You can do it :hug

Cindy ~ You sound happy to have the decision about staying in your current ICU made. You said that you will have to work weekends, so does that mean you will work 7 days and then have a few days off? I hope you will get used to the schedule after only a couple of weeks. How are you feeling, today? :fever Still on-the-mend?

Cheeria ~ Did you get the weather stripping installed? Your mention of cold pillows made me shiver :wbrr I am a big fan of my electric blanket and socks on my feet at night. Good to hear you were able to get your infusion, yesterday. Now, if you can knock:box that head cold out of your system, all will be great :) I hope your grandbabies are cheerful and perky for you today.

Did talk of the quilt show prompt you to work on your Oriental quilt, Linda? Or, was it the other way around? Either way, it must have been fun for you to work with those beautiful fabrics, again. Invisible thread? :faintYikes, that takes a special kind of patience. Good for you. Continued :hug for Rosie and John.

Oooh, Marisa ~ I like doing Sudoku puzzles, too :yes I usually squeak one in while I eat lunch in the afternoon. When I go home (to my parents'), Mum and I have races to solve a puzzle or two, once the girls go to bed at night. Your evening out sounded like so much fun. So, did you get a good deal on the game you wanted to buy, last night? It sounds as though you got a good workout, if nothing else. You are the one working out on the elliptical machine at home, too, aren't you? New Year's resolution? I was so happy to get back to my treadmill workouts after the holidays (I had not turned it on for two months while I worked on Christmas cards, baking, decorating and wrapping presents.) I will put on my tennis shoes here in a bit and go for a walk and read a couple of chapters in my book.

Be careful when you are out there stocking up, Julie :shop

I have never been blessed with patience,and the older I get, the shorter it gets. At the current date, my patience is about the length of a red ant,with his back end missing .
Love ya :hug You make me smile. In the light of a new day, do you think you can figure out where your stitch counts got mixed-up? Good luck finding a project to put on your hook, today.

Catch you all, later :manyheart

Good morning :wcold I hope everyone is bundled up and staying safe! The thread snowflakes on my hook did get some real company last night, but only a 2" dusting. How about the ones in your window, Judy? Are they seeing buddies flying through the air? Keep warm.

Oooh, Marisa ~ I like doing Sudoku puzzles, too :yes I usually squeak one in while I eat lunch in the afternoon. When I go home (to my parents'), Mum and I have races to solve a puzzle or two, once the girls go to bed at night. Your evening out sounded like so much fun. So, did you get a good deal on the game you wanted to buy, last night? It sounds as though you got a good workout, if nothing else. You are the one working out on the elliptical machine at home, too, aren't you? New Year's resolution? I was so happy to get back to my treadmill workouts after the holidays (I had not turned it on for two months while I worked on Christmas cards, baking, decorating and wrapping presents.) I will put on my tennis shoes here in a bit and go for a walk and read a couple of chapters in my book.

Catch you all, later :manyheart

I got the game for $10 cheaper than list price and free shipping :D But, I won't get it until next week :( I do work out on my elliptical, not technically a new year resolution, but I have fallen off the wagon so to speak. A couple months ago I was having an issue with my back and wasn't working out, then the holidays rolled around and everything got super busy, so I'm trying to get myself back on track :yes I've had the elliptical for almost 2 years now.

Off to work, see y'all in the AM

Thanks everybody and thanks Cindy & Joanne.

My dad will be 72 on February 19th. He had a kidney transplant about 3 years ago. It was very successful. He was already taking cummin...I think that's how you spell it. My dad needs a hip replacement and the doctors felt his heart couldn't take it so they needed to take care of this first. Other than all of that, he's been fine.

He is still asleep. They want him to sleep for day or so and then they will awaken him. They did allow my sisters and stepmom to see him. My youngest sister was freaking out because recovery to her meant he should be awake. However, he's still out because the doctors have him out. They want him to get rest. I'm going to call my stepmom now to make sure she's okay.

I also have to call my employees. My DM texted all the managers and said to open our stores at 8 on tomorrow morning. I don't think that is going to happen. If the sun doesn't come out, there is no way with all the ice out there.

I'll talk to you guys later. Again, thanks so much.

Is your DM NUTS?!?! It doesn't sound like getting out is going to be anything but dangerous until at least this weekend. Almost everything is closed again today and they are already posting closings for tomorrow as well.

Glad to hear that your dad is doing well.

Overcast and cold with dangerous roads and everyone being told to stay home. Lots of closed roads and interstates. Some of the interstates have as much as an inch of ice on them. :eek They just showed a video of a guy ice skating on Peachtree Street (a major street in Atlanta). :eek John isn't all that happy about being housebound and not being able to get in to work, but is hanging in there and doing what he can via the internet. He really is a workaholic.

I'm going to work on crafts and my current book today. Stay safe everyone. :manyheart

I think after i finish this afghan I am making, I may give my hands a try at making a quilted afghan.

Crochet quilted or fabric??

I'm making a baby nine patch crocheted one right now...

Oh...gotta dash...

And the snow...due here about 6 PM.... an inch an hour suposedly for overnight:P

The trucks going by that are picking up the old CHristmas trees already have their plows attached:lol

Hi Ladies. :wgrin It was only 14* this a.m., but the sun is shining and it's over 20* now. Gracie loves the cold - she's so cute running all over and leaping up trying to catch birds. It sounds like many of you are getting prepared for storms! Does this mean more crochet time for some? ;)

Valerie ~ Did you have to work today?! I hope your dad's recovery is going well. :hug

LeAnna ~ Wow! Another pair of socks already! Are you crocheting or knitting? :think

Cindy ~ Will you work other days along with the weekends? I hope you're feeling better. :manyheart

Cheeria ~ I hope you were able to fit in some craft/crochet time last night. :yes Enjoy the little ones today!

Joanne ~ I've dragged out a couple of Wips to work on...I'm so bad about starting new projects and leaving some others unfinished. :blush

Judy ~ WTG on your LTK square!

Marisa ~ Last night sounds like lots of fun! Oh to be able to party like that again. :lol

Hi Julie, Linda, Twinkle...and anyone I may have missed. :ghug

Stay warm and safe, everyone!

Hi CJ

Oh yea, I forgot about Christmas break ! When you get older and no longer have kids in school, you forget about the school breaks and extra days off .

You probably enjoyed having some time off .

Do you have snow where you live so you can go sled riding and such ? We used to love doing that in the winter at the park ,which was one block from my house. It has huge sled-riding hills ,so there were always lots of kids there in the winter .

Crochet quilted or fabric??

I'm making a baby nine patch crocheted one right now...

Oh...gotta dash...

And the snow...due here about 6 PM.... an inch an hour suposedly for overnight:P

The trucks going by that are picking up the old CHristmas trees already have their plows attached:lol

An inch an hour! Yikes!!! :eek

Hi everyone!! :D Wow, I haven't been in here in AWHILE!

I'm going to start work on two crocheted dolls pretty soon, and a few more projects for friends. :)

I gotta run now, see you all later! :hugs

Hi, CJ! Nice to see you in here again. Did you have fun during the holidays? Visit family?

It's gotten just above freezing today so some of the snow has compacted. The wind is coming up again and the temp is already starting to drop again. It's supposed to get down into the teens tonight so that's going to mean lots of ice and ice ruts on the roads. Yuck! :yuck It's not really supposed to get a bunch better until the weekend.

I fininshed making a hat for me today. I altered the pattern to the point it doesn't look at all like what the pattern picture is, but it's warm. I also finished appliquing the last two large flowers onto the middle of the oriental quilt. Whee!!!! :devil Now it will be adding more borders and then appliquing on more butterflies. It's getting there slowly but surely. I have to practice a bit more with the new sewing machine and then I'll be sewing on a bunch of things.

Stay safe, everyone. :hug

Cindy ~ You sound happy to have the decision about staying in your current ICU made. You said that you will have to work weekends, so does that mean you will work 7 days and then have a few days off? I hope you will get used to the schedule after only a couple of weeks. How are you feeling, today? :fever Still on-the-mend?

I am happy about it. I only work part time, three 8 hour days a week, so I would just have more days off during the week.

I feel quite a bit better today, thanks for asking.

Cindy ~ Will you work other days along with the weekends? I hope you're feeling better. :manyheart

Hmmm. I must've really whined about working weekends. I will have to work every third weekend, and will still continue to work 48 hours every two weeks. Currently all my work days are weekdays.

It was another pretty quiet day at work today. It's really cold here, and it started snowing about noon, and has snowed steadily ever since. I don;t know how much we are supposed to get, but I don't have to go out again until Friday, and hopefully things will have cleared up by then.

I haven't been doing any crocheting. I'm working on a knit scarf and hand stitching appliques to what I hope will eventually be a quilted throw.

Hi, Cindy, Mary and everyone....

Linda, you sound like you're thorough;y enjoying your free time. Have a great night!

I've been working on more saltines for the baby 9 patch. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it now....I have the outermost border just about done and it's really small. I'm thinking of adding one round of off white saltines and then another round of yellow saltines and call it done.

It'll be a good blankie to put over a baby in the car or give it a little something to lay on.

Or I could leave it as a pet snuggle and make another baby ghan for the gift I wanted to give the neighbor. This time a RR:D

Have to sleep on it.:)

'nite ladies:hug:manyheart

It was another pretty quiet day at work today. It's really cold here, and it started snowing about noon, and has snowed steadily ever since. I don;t know how much we are supposed to get, but I don't have to go out again until Friday, and hopefully things will have cleared up by then.

I haven't been doing any crocheting. I'm working on a knit scarf and hand stitching appliques to what I hope will eventually be a quilted throw.

You must be so used to getting tons of snow that it doesn't get to you any more.

I have my waterproof pants ready for me and Sparkie to play in the white stuff in the morning.

Hi CJ

Oh yea, I forgot about Christmas break ! When you get older and no longer have kids in school, you forget about the school breaks and extra days off .

You probably enjoyed having some time off .

Do you have snow where you live so you can go sled riding and such ? We used to love doing that in the winter at the park ,which was one block from my house. It has huge sled-riding hills ,so there were always lots of kids there in the winter .

Yes, I did! :) We do have snow! I think it might be snowing this moment as a matter of fact. :) We also have some hills in our backyard that we go sledding on.

Hi, CJ! Nice to see you in here again. Did you have fun during the holidays? Visit family?

It's nice to be back! I did have TONS of fun! :D We saw all my grandparents, and other family and friends over the holidays.

Judy, your baby blanket sounds so cute! It could by fine just to lay over the baby in the car...I don't really know. I was only 4 when my youngest brother was born, so I forget a lot of baby stuff...:P

Well, goodnight everyone! :night

Good evening ladies!

My grays are gone and my hair looks great! And I lost 1 lb this week so I've met my 5% goal and have lost 8.2 lbs! They had me down to lose 15 lbs, but I'll be happy with 10. So all in all a good day!!! Busy at work and I brought work home with me so I'll be working from home tomorrow!

Linda- Thank you so much for the card and the lovely snowflake!!!! It is perfect to go with the real snow we are getting!!!! It really brightened my day. And the card was great too!!! Thank you, Thank you!!!

Marisa- I think you should get off to go to the game on Monday- which reminds me, last year my DD and I went to a Bruins hockey game on MLK. Wonder if either the Bruins or the Celtics are playing on MLK day? We are going to go to BC vs BU girls hockey game on Saturday- meeting my brother and sister-in-law since they'll be up Saturday bringing my nephew back to BC for the spring semester. So I'm very excited about that- my cousin and her DH from NH are also planning to head to Boston on Saturday too. It will be nice to all go to the hockey game and then out to dinner. This is my kind of 'Christmas" - a holiday not on a holiday!! No pressure- just fun!!!

Judy- WTG at WW!!!! That's great! You were on track after all!!

Julie- Did you get out before the snow hit?

Dusti, Cindy, C4J, Twinkle, Mary, Cheeria, Tab, Sherri, Marlene and the rest of the house- I'm going to sign off- Biggest Loser is on!

Cya in the AM!

Hi everyone!

Dusti~It is called pink carnation and it is Lion Brand.....It is a pastel pink with a little white in it, but you cannot see the white unless you are crocheting with it.

Joanne~My hubby's US went well.....we were hoping for just a strain, but it turned out to be hydrocele, which is still pretty minor.......I am happy that it is reabsorbing & he should be back to work on Thursday. :cheer

I am still working on my blanket & I ran out of yarn, but he ran out today and got me two bag fulls......I only needed one or two more of each because they are small 3oz skeins.......he came home with 10 more of each. So, I guess I will be making more with it or this one will be really big for a baby. :lol

Homework is caught up and back on track.......fighting the funk is not easy, I went back to sleep today for 2 1/2 hours.....I try not to BUT I lost today. :blush

We are in for about a foot and a half of snow so I will be here working on this blanket. :hook

I hope you are all staying safe, warm, and healthy. :ghug

checking in before heading up to bed--

Tab- that's good news about DH's US! That was nice of him to go get you more yarn- and I do mean "more" yarn!!! Can't wait to see the blanket when you are done with it. Glad to hear you are coming out of your funk! - Stay safe in the snow

The snow is coming down very steadily right now!!! It's a winter wonderland! And I'm so glad I can work from home tomorrow!! See you all in the AM!

Hi Ladies,

Valarie, Glad your dad is doing well. The extra rest will help him a great deal. Did you open the store today?

Linda, A spring quilt show sounds like a lot of fun for you, Kim and Rosie.

Thank you for the beautiful card and snowflake. It will be added to my Christmas tree. Not hanging in my window here-I don't want to see snow here:ohdear

Judy and Joanne, Congrats on your weight loss!

Mary, Hope your staying warm. It's been windy here all day. Are high today was 45. By friday we will start to warm back up.

CJ, Nice to see you again!

Marisa, Sounds like you had a lot of fun last night. Cards was fun and I enjoyed the jam session. They extended the jam session to 2 1/2 hours because we have lots of musicians that come to it.

Julie, Hope you pick the doily back up and find out your error is very far back.

Cindy, The new schedule doesn't sound to bad and especially since you get to stay in your ICU unit.

Dusti, Are getting snow like the rest of the house is?

LeAnna, :clap for getting all your Christmas decorations all put away. What is your next crochet project going to be? Glad you got to see all your family saturday.

Cheeria, Hope your feeling better. Gets lots of rest.

Twinkle, When your sitting make sure you put your feet up.

Tab, How sweet of DH to buy you more yarn.

Sorry if I missed anyone.

I went to physical therapy today. They did an evaluation and are surprised at how bad my hand is. They have to contact the insurance for an approval before they can treat me. So it might take up to 3 days. He is going to start with my neck first. He said he is going to try stretching things in there. Maybe I'll gain some height back. After we do the neck for a bit to see if it helps or not then he'll start strengthing the hand. I told him I need my index finger fixed so I can crochet. I don't know if he knows how important that finger is but he will know when I leave Texas. The strength test he did on my right hand is 37 lbs and the left is 12 lbs. He did ask if they did a brain scan and I said no. My neurologist mentioned it if the mri didn't show something on my neck. I told this happening so close to us leaving and having to wait to get in to doctors or for a test we ran out of time. He wonders if I shouldn't be on antibotic, if they shouldn't of given me another dose of steroids to see if they would help me recover some more. I'll see how pt goes and when we get home I'll get right and see my doctor.

Yesterday at the jam session I was able to crochet. I wore the brace I had to wear a few years ago and it really helps. I did quite a bit of crocheting. I took quite a few breaks and massaged my fingers then did it again.

Everyone stay warm and stay safe. See you all tomorrow. I'm off to bed.:hug

Morning ladies

It looks like we should be singing White Christmas this morning,even though the holiday is over. It is POURING snow !

Started late yesterday afternoon,and still going. It's not the huge snowflakes, it's the wee little stuff ,but looks like we will have a HUGE pile when it all ends .

Marlene

I'm glad to hear they are at least attempting to get a start on your therapy .Sorry to hear that the damage is worse than originally thought . It's hard, though,going to 2 different Dr's for something because they never seem to agree .At least that has been my experience,each Dr looks at things in a totally different way .

I hope they are able to get some form of therapy,medication,whatever is needed so that you can use your hand more. I know how hard it is when you want to crochet and can't ..

Our boards seemed a little slow yesterday,so not much to comment on this morning ... just thought I'd drop in and say howdy and look out to whoever gets this snowstorm next. It's a doozy .

Archived