JulieKay

Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

Welcome to Our House !

This group is open to anyone . We work on items of our own choosing, some group projects , and go off topic a lot .

If you love to crochet,and like a lively conversation, you've come to the right place !

Drop in and sit a spell ~:)

Admin Note from AmyS: Because this thread is so long (over 17,000 posts), it's loading pretty slowly for some people. This thread is now going to be called Our House Part One and will be closed for further posting. Please go to Our House Part Two to continue posting. The first post in Part Two will contain a link back to this thread so you can find it for easy reference if you need to look through old posts.

I hope this makes things work better for you all!

Edited by JulieKay
wording changed

I'm happy with the way it looks...am using dark Orchid (deepest of all the colors in the blanket) for the border.

Should be done in a day or so, I hope.

Yeah, Judy! You're in the home stretch.

I liked that pattern, too. In fact, I copied it to my computer. I don't know if I'll do it, but I like it enough to say I might.

I've worked on a baby quilt today and dreamed up another snowflake. I went to Wal-Mart for prescriptions and CVS for non prescription items and then out to supper. Now I'm home and I'm not sure just what I'm going to be doing.

Linda, I'm like that alot...I'll suddenly have free time and haven;t a clue what I really want to do with it!

Have a good evening:hug

miss you all! its been a crazy busy summer, Ive BARELY touched my yarn and hook (sad I know)

miss you all! its been a crazy busy summer, Ive BARELY touched my yarn and hook (sad I know)

How's the baby?

How's the baby?

hes great, well minus the hellish tooth hes got growing out of his gums(i think its cute) and the slight eye infection. but hes 6 months and so sweet..and im not just saying that bc hes mine :D

Good Morning, everyone. :)

Hi, everyone. It's been a fairly quiet day here. John went to the hunting lodge to check things out and retrieve the meat from the wild sow he shot last time he was there. While out a 200 pound boar ran across the path in front of him. He didn't have his gun with him so it went free. I made Kim waffles this noon. 4 with blueberries and the rest with chopped cherries in them. I also added some grated lemon peel, nutmeg, and cinnamon to the batter. Put together another preemie afghan. I don't normally like picots, but I've discovered that when done with yarn they aren't that bad and make a very pretty border on the preemie ghans. I do a sc, 3 chain picot, skip one stitch and sc in the next stitch all the way around and love the results.

The waffles sound delicious! I feel the same way about picots, but you've come up with a wonderful way to make them user-friendly! :hook

Those colors are calling to me, but when I asked Dad's opinion on what colors to use (thankfully I'm always asking for peoples thoughts and opinions on projects :lol) he said shades of blue. I still have some sky and capecod blue leftover from a bag I did awhile ago. So I might start using that.

Can't wait to hear what you decide - the pattern is lovely. :yes

Whew............... you can mark me down for 35 more solids.

I worked on them yesterday and feel good about how many I got done.

I really need to keep focused on getting this quiltghan done. I want to keep moving with more of them. I would love to make one for each of my grandbabies for Christmas. :hook

:heart

:mug

Hi Tam! I've added 35 solids. :yarn

Mary, 51 solids, please.

Once I finish attaching this last strip I have 21 more saltines to make for the last side, then I'll finish off the ATW with a simple edge.

Way to go, Judy! I've added 51 more solids to your score. :)

Erin! We've missed you, too. :manyheart Give little Alex a hug from us. :c9

We had a wet driveway when I went out to get the paper at 6...a leak in the sprinkler line. DH has been to Home Depot and is fixing it now. Sure is hard to do anything with the water turned off. :yes But this way, I can spend some time at the 'Ville. :D

Good morning ladies :flower

Yep, I'm awake :D Have been since 7:30 this morning! I had to get up to run some errands before BD went to work. It was an adventure to be sure :lol

First, the city utility workers had our back drive blocked. They moved and I finally got out (I'm no much of a driver to begin with :lol).

Then I got to the first place and realized I didn't have my license or my credit cards. Thankfully, I had the checkbook and the gals there know me so it was all good.

So back home for my license and cards from my bingo bag. Then to the PO to ship a package that weighed just under 14 pounds. My weight limit is 10 :lol It was a mighty struggle getting it in the PO while using a cane that's for sure. Some nice ladies inside the PO helped me out though. Gotta love that Texas hospitality :D

After that it went smoothly though and I was home in plenty of time for BD to go to work and I had even filled the truck with gas so he didn't have to stop on the way to work. I got big Wifey points for that one :wink

Started a saltine stylized log cabin quilt last night and I already have the first block all put together :hook I am loving doing it. I've missed my saltines :D

Hi Cara! WTG on getting your errands out of the way early. :yes What colors are you using for the new quilt ghan? Can't wait to see it. :hook

Hi Cara! WTG on getting your errands out of the way early. :yes What colors are you using for the new quilt ghan? Can't wait to see it. :hook

Ack! Didn't post it in here :blush Here's the first block and the currently proposed layout :)

post-9579-135897425127_thumb.jpg

post-9579-135897425129_thumb.jpg

I like that....how big is the block? I was wondering how big the entire ghan will be.

I like that....how big is the block? I was wondering how big the entire ghan will be.

The block is almost 15" square. I figure it'll end up around 48" x 62".

The block is almost 15" square. I figure it'll end up around 48" x 62".

That's a good size!

Oh Cara....don't do this to me :blush...I really,really like that and all the colors and my yarn buckets are calling me now :P

You can do it Judy :cheer

You can do it Judy :cheer

The LC? Uh-uh --- not yet...though it is a good way to use those odds and ends of colors I always seem to accumulate.:devil

Back to making the last 21 saltines for the ATW:clap

Later....

Oh Cara....don't do this to me :blush...

:devil

The LC? Uh-uh --- not yet...though it is a good way to use those odds and ends of colors I always seem to accumulate.:devil

Back to making the last 21 saltines for the ATW:clap

Later....

You're in the home stretch now :clap:cheer

Cara that's beautiful! Any idea why it's actually called a log cabin? It sure doesn't look like one to me :lol

After that it went smoothly though and I was home in plenty of time for BD to go to work and I had even filled the truck with gas so he didn't have to stop on the way to work. I got big Wifey points for that one :wink

Started a saltine stylized log cabin quilt last night and I already have the first block all put together :hook I am loving doing it. I've missed my saltines :D

Hooray for Wifey Points!

Ack! Didn't post it in here :blush Here's the first block and the currently proposed layout :)

That's a beautiful pattern, Cara. You must put it on the Yellow House site if it isn't already. And what a great way it would be to use up odds and ends.

Oh Cara....don't do this to me :blush...I really,really like that and all the colors and my yarn buckets are calling me now

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Cara that's beautiful! Any idea why it's actually called a log cabin? It sure doesn't look like one to me :lol

The term is from quilting, but I don't know where it comes from either. Maybe one of my quilt books says.

I was to have a check-up with the kidney doctor today at noon, BUT they hadn't received my lab work from last Monday and that office couldn't find it, didn't have it, it know any had been done, etc. Sooo...no appointment. I have to reschedule it. Again. At least I wasn't charged for a visit. I was ANGRY! I went to lunch, picked up dry cleaning for John, who worked from home today, and then took off for a quilt shop I've never been to in Dahlonaga, which about 30 minutes north of Cumming. I took my oriental fabric with me and spent several hours looking at fabric and trying to decide what would go with what I've got and what's coming from Joy. About $70 and 7 yards of material later I am ready to make a start on the first of several oriental themed quilts. I did have fun and am in a much better mood than when I left.

I have another new dish cooking, too. It's called "Imam Bayildi" or "The Imam Fainted." It's from the Mideast. "It got its name, one legend says, when a gourmet-priest swooned upon being denied the dish." It's got egg plant, onions, tomatoes, salt, garlic and oil in it. It's simmering at the moment and smells wonderful.

No clue why it's called a log cabin either :lol Lots of the names make no sense to me :lol

That's a beautiful pattern, Cara. You must put it on the Yellow House site if it isn't already. And what a great way it would be to use up odds and ends.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

The term is from quilting, but I don't know where it comes from either. Maybe one of my quilt books says.

I was to have a check-up with the kidney doctor today at noon, BUT they hadn't received my lab work from last Monday and that office couldn't find it, didn't have it, it know any had been done, etc. Sooo...no appointment. I have to reschedule it. Again. At least I wasn't charged for a visit. I was ANGRY! I went to lunch, picked up dry cleaning for John, who worked from home today, and then took off for a quilt shop I've never been to in Dahlonaga, which about 30 minutes north of Cumming. I took my oriental fabric with me and spent several hours looking at fabric and trying to decide what would go with what I've got and what's coming from Joy. About $70 and 7 yards of material later I am ready to make a start on the first of several oriental themed quilts. I did have fun and am in a much better mood than when I left.

I have another new dish cooking, too. It's called "Imam Bayildi" or "The Imam Fainted." It's from the Mideast. "It got its name, one legend says, when a gourmet-priest swooned upon being denied the dish." It's got egg plant, onions, tomatoes, salt, garlic and oil in it. It's simmering at the moment and smells wonderful.

Okay you lost me on this dish. Eggplant :yuck Sounds like a great find at the quilt shop :clap And yes, I'll put this one up but I wanna wait until I have it done. I like putting them up once I have a model :yes Only two more rows to go on the second block already :hook

Cara, I wasn't raised with eggplant as one of the veggies we ate, but this dish was melt in your mouth fabulous. I ate the smallest of the eggplants all by myself as my supper and loved every bite. The mix of flavours was like nothing I've had before but it was very good.