Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Dusti

wow, beautiful picture. You are so very pretty and your girls are just precious . They look like very well behaved little girls and a lot of fun . We have lots of grandkids, but only one who lives close -- right here in our town ,so we try to have him on the weekends as much as possible .his parents are divorced,so we keep him here every chance we get .

We have 6 other grandkids who live in Korea. Their dad is an army guy,so they have moved all over.In fact, they were in Hawaii for the past 3 years, but got sent to Korea this past spring ,so they have been there almost a year now.

They sure had a big transition going from Hawaii to Korea ! Scenery,weather, food ... just about everything is much different .

You are very lucky to have your own place in Hawaii that you get to go to each year .

I remember reading a bit about Cam, and he sounds like a real bright spot in your life. And, he has a sense of humor-to-boot. Precious :heart Don't children say some of the greatest (and honest :P) things? Gotta love 'em :yes

Linda, Judy, Mary, Marisa. Joanne and Marlene ~ Thank you for you kind words about my girls.

Cheeria ~ :waving We have not met, yet, but the gals here paint such a favorable picture of you, that I can hardly wait to read more from you. It sounds as though you had a really nice weekend with time in which to indulge yourself, and that is just the way it is meant to be :yes I hope your grandbabies are feeling better this week, and that you were able to shake the germs that were plaguing you long enough to get your treatment, today. Hope all went smoothly at the hospital :rose

Val ~ :hugfor the strength to get through another week. You and your dad are in my thoughts, today. Have you heard from him, yet? Lots of luck filling out your employee roster, and here's hoping you get some time to yourself, soon.

Tam ~ It was good to hear about the successful weekend on the wrestling-front. I hope DH's ultrasound gives you some clue as to what is troubling him. Will his treatment be set back with this wrinkle in his overall comfort? I hope not.

Marisa ~ Sounds as though you had a good weekend. I loved peeking at your recently completed projects. Super-cute purple hat! Yes, I am the one working on a sweater out of sock yarn. It's going well, actually -- like a RR in that it takes longer and longer to complete a round as the entire garment grows, but I sure like the fact that I do not have to do any sewing or seaming on the entire thing :hook I worked on the border when we went on a shor road-trip, Saturday, but then we stopped at JoAnn's, and I bought yarn for a new project. Quicker than you could blink, I started working on a small, rectangular basket to hold a 4" x 3" loaf of sweet bread. I have projects all over the place, but that prevents me from getting bored or into a rut :P I will get back to the Pinwheel sweater this week, and then I will put up a photo at the end of the week to show my progress.

Marlene, Mary, Linda, Judy, Shannon and any more of you in the South that I may have overlooked ~ Please be careful and stay warm :wbrr I know this weather is NOT at all what you wanted or needed. Take care on those sidewalks and roadways, if you have to go out.

LeAnna ~ Great to hear that you met your nephew and caught up with other relatives this weekend. They must have been thrilled with your handcrafted gifts :yarn

Joanne ~ Your colors for your Flannel-ghan sound lovely. I have made two using Caron Pounders, but I have not tried working a third color into the mix, yet. Too complicated for me to work my brain around, I think :blink Kyri asked for (and received) a Q-sized hook for Christmas. After seeing how quickly she whipped-up a hat and scarf for both herself and Annika, I asked if I could not borrow it to do another Flannel-ghan. She's still using it, so it will be a bit, but I made a few sample swatches, and I think I am going to take-on a Flannel-ghan-inspired 9-patch with 2 strands and the Q hook...stay tuned. Sure looks quick and easy on paper :D I am anxious to see pics of yours.

Please keep Rosie and John and their family in your prayers. They're having problems.

Definitely :hug:hugto help them through :hug:hug

Just a quick monday morning shout out -- hope you all are doing well ....

not much new here to report . I kinda fell off the Book Wagon over the weekend,so need to climb back up and get into my reading pattern again. I was doing real well for awhile .

I also started a doily -and so far it is looking pretty good for someone who doesnt enjoy using thread. It may not be perfect,but it looks ok to me . I'll post a final photo if I stick with it long enough to finish.

You all have a good day,and stay safe and warm if you are in the path of this latest snowstorm .

Hope you have the get-up-and-go to read something fun, today! :book

I have worked a bit with thread in the past, but I have to say that I much prefer yarn. Anyway, I got the idea into my little head to make some snowflakes to tuck into a package for my gramma, so I picked up a ball of Red Heart Fashion Crochet Thread -- it's already sparkly :D I am finished with 2 of Linda's snowflake designs from 2009, but they are not starched, yet. Fast, yes. Since I am not forced to, I do not think this is going to make me give up my yarn patterns, anytime, soon. How is your doily coming along?? :hug

Marisa- I laughed about your comment on the mini-rice cakes- and before you knew it you at the whole bag!!! I'll have to try that variety. Have you had the chocolate ones? They are so good and I could easily eat the whole bag!

I have not seen that variety, either, but have you tried the Caramel ones? Mmmmmmmm :drool

Tab ~ What a nice gift for your DH to buy you!! Can I ask what 'flavor' your pink Homespun is? I have not been able to find a true, nice pink in my stores, much to my youngest's disgust -- she loves anything in pink -- and I would like to make her a quick sweater if I could find some appropriate, bulky yarn. Enjoy your crocheting time.

The sun is shining, but it is a chilly one out there at -17*. I do not have to go out until 2 to pick the girls up at school, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that the temps warm up before then. We have snow forecast for the next 4 days and the threat of a storm heading for us next weekend. 'Tis winter. Again, I hope all of you that are not supposed to have these icky conditions make it through, safely. I have a couple of birthday cards I need to get into the mail for friends, today, so I am off to sit and write a few lines in each. Have a good one :manyheart

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ladies,

You gals stay safe and warm. It's cold here today compared to the warm 70's we have been having. We have jam session this afternoon and cards tonight.

Tab, Glad your feeling like crocheting and DH helped to make you feel better.

Shannon, Hope they get the washer fixed for you.

I'll catch you later. Have a nice day everyone!

Good Morning, Good Afternoon & Good Evening to the Sisterhood,

Thanks guys for all of your well wishes and prayers. I'd gotten a shift supervisor from another store to fill in so I could at least be at home today to get some sleep. Welll...it snowed and my CVS is the only one in the Cumming area and District 1 that did not open.

My dad is in surgery as we speak. They had him check in early yesterday before the storm hit. The surgery was delayed for an hour and a half. I'll give you guys an update as soon as we hear something. Thanks again for lifting us up in prayer.

I'm going to try to do some crocheting now.

Have a great day!

Good morning! I am up & motivated already so maybe there is hope for me yet. Hubby has been worried about my funk, so he came home with this cute tote with pink homespun & watercolor boucle. I started a granny than with it last night. I thought an easy pattern would be best to ease my way back in.

I hope all of you that are in the storm front stay safe & warm. We are due for it Tuesday and Wednesday. Ick, I know I have seen enough.

Well, all of you have a wonderful day!! :ghug

What a sweet guy:c9 Have fun!:hook

Good morning everyone. Six inches of snow and now we're having sleet or ice pellets. I'm not sure which. And there is ice under the snow. Everything is closed. We are definitely not set up for this. It's very windy, too. A good day to stay inside and veg. John is working from home, needless to say, so I have the day off.

Yup - you guys down there aren't geared for this...:yes

We've heard that we could get anywhere from 6 - 12 inches Tuesday night into Wed.

Do you think you sweet Southern ladies could kick this storm a little further out to sea so this doesn't happen to us - again?:P

Thanks guys for all of your well wishes and prayers. I'd gotten a shift supervisor from another store to fill in so I could at least be at home today to get some sleep. Welll...it snowed and my CVS is the only one in the Cumming area and District 1 that did not open.

My dad is in surgery as we speak. They had him check in early yesterday before the storm hit. The surgery was delayed for an hour and a half. I'll give you guys an update as soon as we hear something. Thanks again for lifting us up in prayer.

Have a great day!

I was thinking about your dad when I woke during the night and said a prayer for him then - as I will today....:hug:manyheart

Have a great day!

:hug :hug :hug You're both in my prayers, Val.

I'm going over to Rosie's for a bit. Catch you all later. :manyheart

Marisa

nope,the thread doesnt bother me ,but I really dont enjoy working with it ... more or less a diversion if I go through too much of a crochet withdrawal . I may have to take up some other type craft -- maybe cross stitch or something .We shall see .

Linda

Be careful down there -- you probably wont have to go out in that for anything,so that will be good if you can stay in .

Mary

how are you feeling today ? Getting better ?

Jude

Good idea to stock up on food if another snow is headed your way .

Tab

Good to see you -- keep on fighting that funk,and come on back in here to yak at us -- plenty of people to yak to .

LeAnna

Glad you only got a tiny bit of snow this round !

Val

Keeping you and your whole family in my thoughts this week -- dont you hate when then delay the surgery ? You are already nervous and worried and want them to hurry up and get it over with,then it gets delayed . Hope for some good answers .I know you'll drop in and let us know whats up as you get the chance .

Dusti -

Yep, Cam is definitely one thing that makes my day worth it -- he is a lot of fun to hang out with --and he yaks nonstop like me, so I have someone that talks as much as I do .

My doily--- let's just say it was gung-ho,til I started the last round,and ended up with either too many or not enough stitches,so we will see if I pick it back up or not .

I bet your grandma will love getting your little snowflakes from you !

Hello Everybody,

Thanks again for the prayers. My dad is out of surgery. However, they doctors stated that they would have to watch him very closely because they had to put in metallic valves instead of the tissue valves. I'm not sure what that means...maybe Joanne can clear this up when she gets off work. He also had a blood clot in the heart but they were able to get it. I didn't get good details from my youngest sister and I haven't talked to my stepmother yet. I'll keep you posted as I receive information.

Hi again, everyone. :)

Valerie ~ I'm glad you are able to stay home today. I hope all goes well with your dad's recovery. :hug

Linda ~ Oh my, the pictures of your area are incredible! Enjoy your visit with Rosie.

Dusti ~ Minus 17 just sounds horrible. ;) Nope, we're not prepared here - you can't even buy a snow shovel anywhere that I know of. :lol

Marisa ~ Sorry-we were hoping Green Bay would win. ;) We have so many friends in Wisconsin and DH has always worked in the cheese industry. Do you like working with the baby clouds? It looks so soft!

Twinkle ~ Please show us your baby 'ghan when you can! How are you feeling?

Happy Monday to all of you! :manyheart

The morning dental visits went okay - neither procedure involved pain, so that was good. :lol I always get stressed just thinking about going. Now, it's time to crochet. :hook

@Skysmom - OMG Last night my feet swelled up alot. My right foot was almost twice the size of my left foot and both were really stiff and hurting bad....They went down a little bit though this morning. My right foot is back to a more normal size... but it was kind of scary seeing my foot almost twice it's normal size..

First off thank you very much to all who swapped Christmas cards with me this year:

Gardner, Busybeelmt (got your card and snowflake today) marpan79, imanurse55, and Judianne...

Secondly, got another pair of socks done. This was made with Debbie Macomber own label sock yarn that is a blend of merino superwash, angora and nylon and they are soft, soft, soft...

Thirdly, I know I owe pictures...please bare with me on that...

Fourthly, my niece and everyone else loved the coin purse (and my niece of course loved the Visa gift card inside...lol)

There's still suppose to be more snow in the forecast, but because I don't want to have to go back to my normal routine tomorrow, I bet the snow will stay scarce...best get back on that horse anyway huh?

I did get all the Christmas stuff put away, but it took 2 good days, mainly because Friday I had to finish the coin purse and then we went to our neighbor's for dinner and then Saturday of course I was at the yarn shop for Crochet Club and then over to my brother's place, by the time I got home, I was very tired, so yesterday I finished up the upstairs packing up.

Tonight is the BCS champions between #1 ranked Auburn against #2 University of Oregon Ducks. U of O is in Eugene, Oregon and it's where the movie Animal House was filmed back in the mid 70's. So while I'm sure most of you from the East will be rooting for Auburn and that's totally understandable, I'll be cheering on the Ducks. We are very excited as it's not often that a Pac 10 team gets to the National Championships. They get to the Rose Bowl (except for this year because the Ducks are playing in the Nationals) but seldom to the Nationals...At our neighbor's dinner the other night, there was a guy there wearing an "O" hat, come to find out Eugene is home town. His brother will be at the game tonight. I can just imagine the party that will be going on down there in Eugene. Eugene is also where Hub-E and I went to get our new futon frame and this summer, found out that that's where my bio maternal grandfather lived for many years until his death in 1971.

So Go Ducks...

Oh and I still cannot believe the Seahawks won the other day. Oh my word what a game.

Just a quick monday morning shout out -- hope you all are doing well ....

not much new here to report . I kinda fell off the Book Wagon over the weekend,so need to climb back up and get into my reading pattern again. I was doing real well for awhile .

I also started a doily -and so far it is looking pretty good for someone who doesnt enjoy using thread. It may not be perfect,but it looks ok to me . I'll post a final photo if I stick with it long enough to finish.

You all have a good day,and stay safe and warm if you are in the path of this latest snowstorm .

Julie, I don't like to use size 10 threads, but I don't mind the size 3 thread. I use a Clover soft touch C hook with it. My stuff turns out a little bigger than the pattern, but it still looks nice.

Hello everyone. Nice quiet day at work today. I did find out that starting in April, i will probably be working weekends again. I also found out that I get to keep working in the ICU I currently work in, so that was good news.

My throat is still a bit scratchy, but I feel quite a bit better than I did yesterday.

Tab, how nice of your dh to buy you yarn!

Val, hope your dad's surgery goes well.

Linda, thank you very much for the card and the beautiful snowflake. Glad you are safe and warm, (and also anyone else in the south, who is dealing with unusual weather. We've had a quiet day weather wise today. We are supposed to get quiet a bit of snow tomorrow and Wednesday.

Mary, glad you made it through those dental visits!

Hi house Family, my SIL came and picked my grand darlings up early so I have a nice early evening to relax. I went for my treatment today and it's my prayer that I stay well for it lowest my immune system and I have a slight head cold, but all my vitals were steady and normal so they went with the treatment. I had to make a run to home depot for some weather striping to go around my window. I have notice that my bedroom is extremely cold in the morning, bone chilling cold and even the sheets and my pillows feel cold. I guess that accounts for my stuffy head and even my ears feel a little stuffed up. :( Other than my head thing the rest of me feels super duper. :lol I don't have to cook to much today, just make some baked potatoes and probably a salad to go with the fish from yesterday. Yeppppppeeeee for that. :cheer:cheer I have to run out for a sec later this evening to pick up my son from the bus stop for he went into New York by bus. Then for the rest of the night it's my plan to relax, crochet and read. We are in to be hit with a major snow storm sometime tomorrow. I love seeing snow but I hate it at the same time, isn't that weird. Oh I forgot to mention I have been keeping track of all the winter weather that come our way through the Farmers Almanac, if the weather happens and we get the weather that is predicted in the Almanac I have been highlighting it. So far the Farmers Almanac has been right on target. It can't predict the right day but it does states from to this will happen. I always wanted to follow the Farmers Almanac so now that is what I'm doing closely. Well got to run and put together dinner, and get my self ready for the little people ( my lil darlings) for tomorrow. :hug

HI all,

Val- glad to hear that your Dad came through the surgery ok - and as far as mechanical valve vs tissue valve- there are pros/cons to each type and I don't know enough about your Dad's history- but it could have had something to do with the blood clot they found- just a guess there. Cindy may be able to shed more light since she works in the ICU. I don't have a strong cardiac background. Continued prayers for him.

Tab- Glad to hear that you have some of the crochet mojo back- how sweet of DH to get you the yarn to help you out of your funk. How did his ultrasound go?

Dusti- Enjoyed reading your nice newsy post. I have made 2 flannelghans- both with Caron Pounders. I thought I would try using some of the stash I had and so far it's coming out nice with the 3 colors. I'll take a pic when I get the second strip finished. The 3rd and 5th strip will be like the 1st and the 4th will be like the one I'm working on now.

Linda- Nice that you got a day off today- but not so nice with all the snow- GA doesn't know how to handle it like we do up here. Hope you had a nice visit with Rosie- sounds like she probably needed a friend- since you mentioned to keep her and family in our prayers.

Judy- I'm hoping we have enough food in the house because there was no way I was stopping tonight- DH did pick up milk/bread/more fruit/veggies yesterday so we should be ok. I did get a call from my beauty salon- My hairdresser wanted to know if I could come tomorrow after work instead of Wed- she is usually off on Tuesday, but due to the impending storm wanted to switch her days. So since I'm like 2 weeks behind getting my hair colored I said YES!!! My last appt was cancelled because of the snow!!!

LeAnna- WTg on getting the Christmas decorations put away. And I have no preference in the game tonight to be honest. So I have no problem rooting for the Ducks with you!!!!

Cheeria- Hope you were able to get your infusion today!

Mary- That's great that all went well today with your dental appointments and that there was no pain!!! What is on your hook?

Marisa- Hope you have fun tonight!

I am going to bring work home with me tomorrow so if we get the storm we are supposed to I'll see about working from home on Wednesday

Val...continued prayers for your dad...and :hug:hugfor you.

Linda, TY for the card and snowflake! It's so pretty.

I hung it on my kitchen window....it'll have company tomorrow:lol:lol:lol

Oh and I still cannot believe the Seahawks won the other day. Oh my word what a game.

That was an amazing game! I told Phil we had to root for the Seahawks because I had a crochet friend who lives in Wash State:D

I've done a few rows on my LTK square today...I'm so happy that it's a normal tension now...and not as tight as when I first started. Then I couldn't even get the point of the needle into the stitch!:lol

Joanne, you're better than me with the hair color...I waited 2 months....and now know I really have salt and pepper hair:lol:lol

We won't starve here....

And I'm going to my WW meeting in the morning...over the past couple of weeks of not goign to a meeting I found myself already slipping into bad habits!

I need ACCOUNTABLILITY!:P

HI all,

Val- glad to hear that your Dad came through the surgery ok - and as far as mechanical valve vs tissue valve- there are pros/cons to each type and I don't know enough about your Dad's history- but it could have had something to do with the blood clot they found- just a guess there. Cindy may be able to shed more light since she works in the ICU. I don't have a strong cardiac background. Continued prayers for him.

Tab- Glad to hear that you have some of the crochet mojo back- how sweet of DH to get you the yarn to help you out of your funk. How did his ultrasound go?

Dusti- Enjoyed reading your nice newsy post. I have made 2 flannelghans- both with Caron Pounders. I thought I would try using some of the stash I had and so far it's coming out nice with the 3 colors. I'll take a pic when I get the second strip finished. The 3rd and 5th strip will be like the 1st and the 4th will be like the one I'm working on now.

Linda- Nice that you got a day off today- but not so nice with all the snow- GA doesn't know how to handle it like we do up here. Hope you had a nice visit with Rosie- sounds like she probably needed a friend- since you mentioned to keep her and family in our prayers.

Judy- I'm hoping we have enough food in the house because there was no way I was stopping tonight- DH did pick up milk/bread/more fruit/veggies yesterday so we should be ok. I did get a call from my beauty salon- My hairdresser wanted to know if I could come tomorrow after work instead of Wed- she is usually off on Tuesday, but due to the impending storm wanted to switch her days. So since I'm like 2 weeks behind getting my hair colored I said YES!!! My last appt was cancelled because of the snow!!!

LeAnna- WTg on getting the Christmas decorations put away. And I have no preference in the game tonight to be honest. So I have no problem rooting for the Ducks with you!!!!

Cheeria- Hope you were able to get your infusion today!

Mary- That's great that all went well today with your dental appointments and that there was no pain!!! What is on your hook?

Marisa- Hope you have fun tonight!

I am going to bring work home with me tomorrow so if we get the storm we are supposed to I'll see about working from home on Wednesday

Val...continued prayers for your dad...and :hug:hugfor you.

Linda, TY for the card and snowflake! It's so pretty.

I hung it on my kitchen window....it'll have company tomorrow:lol:lol:lol

That was an amazing game! I told Phil we had to root for the Seahawks because I had a crochet friend who lives in Wash State:D

I've done a few rows on my LTK square today...I'm so happy that it's a normal tension now...and not as tight as when I first started. Then I couldn't even get the point of the needle into the stitch!:lol

Awwww, thanks guys...game's gonna start in about 45 minutes or so.

Hub-E was moaning that he didn't have an Oregon hat or shirt of any kind to wear so I told him to go find something yellow or green or an Oregon beer (Portland is like the Mecca of microbrews around here...) and he said he didn't have any Oregon beers but he had some from Alaska or his favorite Full Sail. I know some where in his drawers he's got tee shirts from the state of Oregon...

For the Seahawks game he had his mug, his hat and I think a shirt on that was blazened with Seahawks on it. Oh my little nephew Peyton was decked out in Seahawks onesie...like I said in an earlier post, his dad was at the game at Qwest Field on the 40 yard line...

Hello Everybody,

Thanks again for the prayers. My dad is out of surgery. However, they doctors stated that they would have to watch him very closely because they had to put in metallic valves instead of the tissue valves. I'm not sure what that means...maybe Joanne can clear this up when she gets off work. He also had a blood clot in the heart but they were able to get it. I didn't get good details from my youngest sister and I haven't talked to my stepmother yet. I'll keep you posted as I receive information.

Sorry Val, missed this earlier. Glad your Dad made it through surgery okay.

I don't know enough about your Dad to speak authoritatively, but I can speak generally. Metal valves are prone to having clots form on them. Therefore all patients are sent home on a blood thinner, which requires frequent blood level checks. The use of blood thinners carries about a 2% per year risk of major complications. (life threatening bleeding, stroke, etc.) Obviously 2% is a relatively low risk.

They also carry an increased risk of infection. Bacteria that settle on the valves are generally unaffected by antibiotics, and a severe infection may mean needing to replace the valve. Therefore patients with these valves need to have preventive antibiotics before having procedures which may cause bacteria to enter the body, (like having their teeth cleaned or other dental work.)

On the plus side, the valves are very sturdy and can last for decades.

Hi, everyone. I'm back home after spending the afternoon and a good bit of the evening with Rosie and John. We spent time looking over the brochure for the spring sewing and quilting expo that's in March. I'm taking classes again and taking Kim over again on Thursday so she can see it too. I'm trying to talk Rosie into taking a class or two, too. We might even take one together. Time will tell.

I got all the tails for the 4 Special Olympics scarves hidden and got a bunch of the remaining applique work done on the oriental quilt top I'm making. It looks nice but the invisible nylon thread is a real pain to work with.

It's nasty, nasty, nasty outside. There's ice under the snow, 6 inches of snow and then more ice on top of that. Footing is treacherous at best. It was worse where it had been shoveled than where I was walking on the snow. Yuck!

Glad your dad's doing okay, Val.

Catch you all tomorrow. :manyheart

Thanks everybody and thanks Cindy & Joanne.

My dad will be 72 on February 19th. He had a kidney transplant about 3 years ago. It was very successful. He was already taking cummin...I think that's how you spell it. My dad needs a hip replacement and the doctors felt his heart couldn't take it so they needed to take care of this first. Other than all of that, he's been fine.

He is still asleep. They want him to sleep for day or so and then they will awaken him. They did allow my sisters and stepmom to see him. My youngest sister was freaking out because recovery to her meant he should be awake. However, he's still out because the doctors have him out. They want him to get rest. I'm going to call my stepmom now to make sure she's okay.

I also have to call my employees. My DM texted all the managers and said to open our stores at 8 on tomorrow morning. I don't think that is going to happen. If the sun doesn't come out, there is no way with all the ice out there.

I'll talk to you guys later. Again, thanks so much.

Good evening ladies :hi

I just got home a little bit ago and had quite a bit of fun :D The event was at an interactive sports bar that has about 18-20 stations set up for video games with wii and xbox....so like the dancing or the band games or sports. They also had free food and drinks too and I was hungry after work :clap Down side was that Mary was sick today, she got to work about 2 1/2 hours late and then I made her go home anyway and yelled at her for coming in that way :eek By the end of the day I text her and although she was feeling a bit better, decided not better enough to go out. I don't know why she even thought she still might go, but I told her don't push it and that she can't get my sixers sick anyway, they need to be able to play :D That kicked her butt in place. :lol So, I went by myself and met some girls that work as sales reps, probably a little younger than me, but were very enjoyable company. We were playing along behind some people playing the new Michael Jackson dance game for wii and now I totally want it :yes I'm going to order it when I'm done here :blush Jrue Holiday and Evan Turner were there and it was nice to see them in a 'normal' environment and playing video games. We have a game tomorrow night and the other doc is going with us. We'll be there regardless of the snow, well unless they cancel on their end that is :lol But, I doubt that, we went last year once in over a foot of snow :eek There weren't many people there, but they weren't surprised to see us ;)

I feel like I already wrote alot here, so I'm going to do my responses in a new post............................

Judy - Are you ready for the storm? Good idea to go to the ww meeting tomorrow if you're deviating :hug:yes

Tab - How nice of dh to enable you :devil

Mary - Glad the oral surgeon went well. The baby clouds took some getting used to, but I'm using an N hook, and it's not bad after the initial row on the chain :think It's ok that you were cheering for Green Bay and even I have to admit that they were the superior team yesterday :blush

Linda - Thank you for the card and snowflake, that's sooo sweet of you :hug :hug It will be nice for you and Rosie to take a class together at the expo....how is she doing? I hope your staying warm there.

LeAnna - :yay for the socks and getting all dechristmased :think I hope your game is going well :xfin

Dusti - I must agree that having many projects does prevent a rut from developing :yes I didn't do ANY crafting today however, even at lunch I just did a couple of sudoku puzzles and 2 crosswords (well as much as I could anyway :lol )

Marlene - How was the jam session and card game?

Valerie - Glad to hear that your dad is in recovery and he will continue to remain in my prayers. Also glad to hear that you got a new shift supervisor to help out for the time being :hug

Twinkle - Sorry about your swollen feet....ice and elevate should help a bit, try not to be up on them for long periods and decrease salt intake if you eat alot of salt. Unfortunately, even with all this they will probably still swell during the pregnancy, but you may be able to keep the amount down a bit :xfin:hug :hug :hug

Cindy - Sorry to hear you still have a scratchy throat, but at least you're feeling a bit better overall :hug

Cheeria - I'm interested to know how the Farmer's Almanac hold up to the truth :think and :yay for being able to get your treatment today.

Joanne - It would be nice to work from home on wednesday if the weather is bad :yes

Good morning!

Linda- That's nice that you have the quilting expo to look forward to in March! It's always nice to have something to look forward to at the end of the winter!!!

Marisa- Sounds like you had a really good time! Hope that Mary is feeling better and good for you sending her right back home! Enjoy the game tonight! And yes, there should be snow, but probably not enough to cancel the game- it's not supposed to start there till late this afternoon/early evening and then snow all night!

Val- Thanks for the update on your Dad- and since he was already Coumadin that may be why they opted for the valve that they did. Continued prayers for him! I kind of chuckled when I read your post about the DM and having all the stores open by 8. With ice/snow- is he/she serious? Keep safe and do what is best.

Judy- Good luck at WW today- I also have WW today at work. Curious to see what I did last week, since I wasn't as diligent as I should have been. Hoping I at least maintained my wt and didn't gain! Accountability helps keep me on track too!!!

Cheeria- Hope you got LOTS of me time last evening and got a good night's rest- that will help your lowered immune system. Enjoy the grandbabies and hopefully the snow won't deter your DH's aides from coming.

LeAnna- Sorry about the Duck's loss last night! I didn't watch the whole game- I was TIRED and went up to bed around 9:30. I needed some sleep and got more than my usual 5 hrs and got up at 4:45- so got about 7 hrs!

I have my get rid of the gray appointment after work so probably won't be back here till around 7 or so. Of course, if the snow storm makes an earlier appearance than is expected, I may just have to keep the grays a little longer!

I looked at the long range forecast and it looks like some more snow may be coming - and up in Boston too- so at this point, not sure about my weekend. When it gets closer, I'll decide if I want to make the drive with DD and BF or just re-plan another weekend. This one works out good though because of the holiday on Monday.

Well, off to get ready for Paradise! Have a good one everybody and stay safe and warm!!!

Archived